Cultivated Reef

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

Go larger I think you'll be fine would you ditch the 10 and consolidate?

Id likely keep it and transition it to my home.

I already have a little 5 g at home that we are quickly growing out of.

The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards custom...
  • Like 1

Those acans look really happy :)

Thanks, they were starting to bleach out a bit. But I've since lowered the light intensity and fed them and they seem to be responding well.

• Like 2

Looks great!!! I love your aquascape and choice in corals!! They all look super happy.

Thanks, I can't wait to add some new Macros to the mix as well! ;)

• Like 1

Thanks, I can't wait to add some new Macros to the mix as well! ;)

:) It will be cool to see the mix! I wish I didn't have an urchin in my 66 - or turbo snails - so I could keep macros in there. However, the pencil urchin is my husband's favorite reef creature - and he eats bubble algae, so he's staying :)

:) It will be cool to see the mix! I wish I didn't have an urchin in my 66 - or turbo snails - so I could keep macros in there. However, the pencil urchin is my husband's favorite reef creature - and he eats bubble algae, so he's staying :)

Lol. Yes well I can understand that.

Hopefully everything will play nicely together in my tank. :D

• Like 1

Do you find the IM Skimmer useful? In the process of setting up an IM Fusion 20 and am trying to avoid high budget items, but im worried for SPS (which i plan on mainly keeping) Ill need one. Whats your opinion?

• Like 1

IM Ghost Skimmer works well once it is broken in.....not super just ok...but pretty much the only option in an AIO except for an external unit....but with SPS corals you may want to pair it up with a media reactor or maybe just get a powerful external unit or a small sump

• Like 4

Do you find the IM Skimmer useful? In the process of setting up an IM Fusion 20 and am trying to avoid high budget items, but im worried for SPS (which i plan on mainly keeping) Ill need one. Whats your opinion?

IM Ghost Skimmer works well once it is broken in.....not super just ok...but pretty much the only option in an AIO except for an external unit....but with SPS corals you may want to pair it up with a media reactor or maybe just get a powerful external unit or a small sump

I love my IM skimmer!

I've been having pretty good success with my skimmer in conjunction with the desktop reactor running carbon.

I was running GFO for a bit, but then I was pulling everything out of the water and my sps seem to have suffered.

IMHO the ghost skimmer works well for its intended purpose, and that is skimming for an IM AIO Tank.

Pick one up used and you wont be sorry.

• Like 1

I love my IM skimmer!

I've been having pretty good success with my skimmer in conjunction with the desktop reactor running carbon.

I was running GFO for a bit, but then I was pulling everything out of the water and my sps seem to have suffered.

IMHO the ghost skimmer works well for its intended purpose, and that is skimming for an IM AIO Tank.

Pick one up used and you wont be sorry.

haha ive been stalking every buying forum I can think of to find one. If you come across one you should hook me up with a link haha

• Like 1

haha ive been stalking every buying forum I can think of to find one. If you come across one you should hook me up with a link haha

Lol, will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo, I'm over this damned Nem.

otK27NRl.jpg

I keep fighting with it as it is constantly trying to climb on top of my SPS.

So I've pulled it out of this tank.

In other news I also have a new order from AquaSD coming tomorrow! omgomgomg

I also noticed this little guy wandering around on the glass, any ideas?

Uzd1HQsl.jpg

*Edit, Never mind you can't see shit in that picture. lol

• Like 1

Oooo ASD!! And that might be an asterina star? Idk lol

It definitely wasn't an asteria star.

I'm not sure what it was, but is was skittering around on the glass pretty quick.

I'm bringing my camera to work so I can get a couple picture of the new ASD coral. ;)

• Like 1

It definitely wasn't an asteria star.

I'm not sure what it was, but is was skittering around on the glass pretty quick.

I'm bringing my camera to work so I can get a couple picture of the new ASD coral. ;)

Oh yeah another day of not getting any work done while at work lol

• Like 2

So I got to finally upload some pictures from the last couple days.

As I mentioned earlier, I had an issue with the Kalkwasser running too much into my tank and spiking the alk. My Monti, Setosa, Birdsnest, and unfortunately acro all took a hit, with the acro actually dying. :(

But not all is lost!

I wanted to show what a few days of recovery looked like.

WWtMxcIl.jpg

My setosa 2 days ago.

Since then I have lowered my light, and been administering slightly more "Reef Energy" from Red Sea.

0ICTsJvl.jpg

The same setosa as of Today.

As you can see it looks to be coloring up much better. Hopefully in the next two weeks it'll be back to normal. :)

Some pics of the new sticks. Sorry I only had a coupl eof minute when the lights had just come on.

More to come :)

JWEydkwl.jpg

UwqM1I0l.jpg

U0hyRwcl.jpg

eQD9fCil.jpg

Ohh and say hello to my new little friend!

0JDsfqfl.jpg

• Like 2

Are these the new ASD order? Oh boy is that place addicting

They are!

And yes, ASD is mildly addicting.

Some new pictures.

ZHlJ4Trl.jpg

Tl6KWVll.jpg

SV1aughl.jpg

NcZQdYMl.jpg

Got some Dragons Breath from Rafastank727

j1Cd87Nl.jpg

I also noticed these little orange balls underneath one of my favias, any ideas?

• Like 1