ReefCleaners.org

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

I can't do that well and I had my Nikon for a while. Old one, a D8. It couldn't even capture white balance. I love them. I really like the frogspawn pic as most people don't take it from that point of view and the gbta? well, since I have 2 I love how they're reaching up. Unique picture. Keep them coming.

• Like 1

nice bigger pics with nikon. Lightroom is great tool.

Thanks, still earning this damn thing. :lol:

I can't do that well and I had my Nikon for a while. Old one, a D8. It couldn't even capture white balance. I love them. I really like the frogspawn pic as most people don't take it from that point of view and the gbta? well, since I have 2 I love how they're reaching up. Unique picture. Keep them coming.

Yes that Nem just literally pulled down my top rock! :o I didn't realize they could actually move things.

I picked up the camera to support my terrible reefing addiction, but I'm now trying to find "Excuses" to use it elsewhere. Really loving this thing. B)

If you can adjust your white balance on the camera up to as high as it will go (10,000 on mine) you wont have to do as much in lightroom, and i find i have to shot perpendicular to the glass the images stay sharper.

Have fun and stick to it, DSLR's can be great once you get the hang of them. Learn the basics F-stop, ISO and shutter speed.

• Like 2

I think your pics are great and the blenny in the powerhead is soooooo cute!

He's cute in general, put him in the powerhead, and ovaries explode. Lol

• Like 1

Hey, you're getting the hang of the DSLR no problem is seems!!! The photos are looking good!

I like to shoot in shutter-priority mode (fast speed) and I can adjust quickly based on what I am taking a pic of because some things move way faster in the tank than others! :P

• Like 1

If you can adjust your white balance on the camera up to as high as it will go (10,000 on mine) you wont have to do as much in lightroom, and i find i have to shot perpendicular to the glass the images stay sharper.

Have fun and stick to it, DSLR's can be great once you get the hang of them. Learn the basics F-stop, ISO and shutter speed.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

I tried shooting a picture of white paper under the light, but it had such a hard time registering it, that I just turned to auto and snapped some quick pictures.

I should have more time today to fiddle with it. :)

Hey, you're getting the hang of the DSLR no problem is seems!!! The photos are looking good!

I like to shoot in shutter-priority mode (fast speed) and I can adjust quickly based on what I am taking a pic of because some things move way faster in the tank than others! :P

EVERYTHING MOVES FAST!

• Like 1

Well I had some more time to tinker with the Nikon. I really need a tripod, it's just too hard to get a clear shot holding the camera by hand.

Here's the better ones I managed.

Also I've just about gotten the WB perfect. These are very close to what I see at my desk every day.

My cleaner shrimp doing his thing.

FvNJk5gl.jpg

I love the relationship my Female clown has with the Nem, problem is it's really hard to take a picture of. :angry:

skGfF6Kl.jpg

XHydbG1l.jpg

DqPEemYl.jpg

Green People Eaters

n41ifsjl.jpg

Jet and his new favorite spot.

pHryDUUl.jpg

Duncans

XqU8EQil.jpg

Top Down shot.

QIZWhGhl.jpg

• Like 2

Well you're doing extremely well. You're a natural. Love those shots w/ the clowns and the shrimp cleaning. That I've never seen a picture of yet on this site since I've been here. Nice!!!

• Like 1

Well you're doing extremely well. You're a natural. Love those shots w/ the clowns and the shrimp cleaning. That I've never seen a picture of yet on this site since I've been here. Nice!!!

Thanks Flower, this tank has been so much fun. I've learned so much and it continues to surprise me with new things.

Your unknown Favia looks like it's trying to be a dragon soul which would be amazing! Green center, purple body with a yellow rim.

I was thinking dragon soul as I happen to have one. Looks like mine.

• Like 1

I was thinking dragon soul as I happen to have one. Looks like mine.

Well my pistol shrimp grabbed it today and drug it under to prop up the side of one of his new tunnels.

I'm going to have to take him out and transition him to my other tank, he's just too destructive. :furious:

Tank looks wonderful and nice photos! I really like your top down shot! Oh that green monti :wub: I love caps haha.

• Like 1

Going fantastic! Things look amazing in here.... 6 months and holy crap that'll be awesome.

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you!

Came to work today, pistol shrimp aka my nemesis right now, stole my blasto and hid it in his little cave. Pulled it out and noticed the thing has 3 new baby heads! In the last month this thing has produced 4 babies. :)cf1WHLU.jpg

• Like 2

I'd love to keep a pistol shrimp but I'm way too controlling to be able to just relax and let him do his thing :lol:

The pictures are turning out great! The tripod really helps, too. When I'm shooting corals, I turn off the pumps and use aperture priority mode, with the f-stop between 5 and 8. And since everything is holding still and the camera's on the tripod, I can set the ISO way down to 200 or even 100. I also usually have to reduce the exposure by a step or two so the highlights don't blow out.

For fish, I still leave the pumps off since they seem to come out more readily then. I put the camera in manual mode with the shutter speed at 1/50 and ISO up around 800. I let the camera take an underexposed picture to reduce the exposure time, and I manually bring the exposure up in Lightroom. It seems to work pretty well most of the time.

I've played around with setting white balance manually but most of the time it gets close enough in automatic so I can get it right in Lightroom.

• Like 1

Tank looks wonderful and nice photos! I really like your top down shot! Oh that green monti :wub: I love caps haha.

Thanks! I have to admit, after seeing Teenyreef's montis, I had to get some.. Now i'm trying to find either an Idaho grape or similar cap to graph with the green. :)

looks like hollywood stunner, cool tank.

You might be correct there, just googled it, only difference is the hollywood stunner has a green body. and mine is more of a purple.

Sweet little mixed reef. Love it.

Thanks!

Hurray for babies but nay for your shrimp.

Yes. I love the shrimp but he/she is becoming such a pain. I do like the fact that my sand is constantly being turned over and not allowed to trap too much nutrients. I just have to make sure the dang thing does't take my coral and use them for engineering purposes.

Also my coral obviously aren't too bothered by its shenanigans. :P

I'd love to keep a pistol shrimp but I'm way too controlling to be able to just relax and let him do his thing :lol:

The pictures are turning out great! The tripod really helps, too. When I'm shooting corals, I turn off the pumps and use aperture priority mode, with the f-stop between 5 and 8. And since everything is holding still and the camera's on the tripod, I can set the ISO way down to 200 or even 100. I also usually have to reduce the exposure by a step or two so the highlights don't blow out.

For fish, I still leave the pumps off since they seem to come out more readily then. I put the camera in manual mode with the shutter speed at 1/50 and ISO up around 800. I let the camera take an underexposed picture to reduce the exposure time, and I manually bring the exposure up in Lightroom. It seems to work pretty well most of the time.

I've played around with setting white balance manually but most of the time it gets close enough in automatic so I can get it right in Lightroom.

Thanks, I modeled most of my setting off of what you had mentioned in your own threads.

I'll get a tripod here in the next month or so and give it a try.

Love the tank but hate you... Mainly because I'm jealous of your camera skills :lol:

Tank looks beautiful! I love those gobies.

Haha, sorry man but my camera skills equal exactly 2 weeks worth of knowledge. lol

• Like 1

Thanks! I have to admit, after seeing Teenyreef's montis, I had to get some.. Now i'm trying to find either an Idaho grape or similar cap to graph with the green. :)

You might be correct there, just googled it, only difference is the hollywood stunner has a green body. and mine is more of a purple.

Thanks!

Yes. I love the shrimp but he/she is becoming such a pain. I do like the fact that my sand is constantly being turned over and not allowed to trap too much nutrients. I just have to make sure the dang thing does't take my coral and use them for engineering purposes.

Also my coral obviously aren't too bothered by its shenanigans. :P

Thanks, I modeled most of my setting off of what you had mentioned in your own threads.

I'll get a tripod here in the next month or so and give it a try.

Haha, sorry man but my camera skills equal exactly 2 weeks worth of knowledge. lol

Damn that's one hell of a two week course ;)

• Like 1

So it's been an insane last couple of weeks.

Lately I've been battling a weird algae issue.

Every day when I get to work I have to clean the tanks glass. It has some kind of odd greenish haze on it (algae), and clearly my snails have been enjoying it.

Just not entirely sure what type it is and where it has come from all of a sudden. Time to test!

• Like 1