Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

Well, update time.

I am still battling algae, I did dose some fluco, and it had a a decent affect on things, but then I had my meany shroom walk into my acan and cause a bit of dieoff and destruction. :(

But other than that, this thing is still up and running.

h7ZZ4kBl.jpg

My little Pistol shrimp is still alive, you can just see his little claws in this picture.

A0nMNP7l.jpg

My frog in a blender seemed to have lost almost all of its red spots and instead has gone bright green!

boHVAHTl.jpg

Acan Rock is looking full,  (you can see some of the algae here)

b9qAvFCl.jpg

SPS rock is getting over run by my spongeodes, and i did move one of my chalices up here as well.

k2L6qSCl.jpg

All of those paly/zoas doing their thing, filling in.

sWQT8nIl.jpg

Side shot of the Paly/zoas

NGHyvlyl.jpg

This RFA has grown bubbles!

PJmZO4Xl.jpg

Also i may or may not have more GSP than I know what to do with, here it is growing over my spin stream....

And an updated FTS

ACtnTatl.jpg

• Like 3
Mckinney0171

Love the look of the GSP on the back wall.  I have a patch of it on the side of my main display tank.  My baby pair of spotcinctus clowns have made it their home.  It's adorable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mckinney0171 said:

Love the look of the GSP on the back wall.  I have a patch of it on the side of my main display tank.  My baby pair of spotcinctus clowns have made it their home.  It's adorable.

Lol, this GSP has been a love hate relationship so far.

Right now I'm just trying to keep it from stopping my spinstream. :D

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Well I guess I can update this from time to time.

My Tank is still rocking and rolling, and I have since completely rid the tank of all hair algae!

The fish all seem to be doing well, in fact the YWG pair are now laying eggs in their little cavern!

Unfortunately, the eggs will never make it. :(

The TSB is still a little booger and hides most of the day away, but he always comes out to say hi to me, when I feed them.

I haven't taken any pictures lately but I did make a quick video, hope you guys enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

A couple quick shots with my cell.

CUS6G0hl.jpg

I never expected this thing to make it as long as it has. So far its just about doubled in size. :D

BU7abH7l.jpg

The Maxi Mini has since decided to move toward the center of the tank; much to the dismay of the surrounding zoas. :lol:

0KtEiDll.jpg

Acan growth so far.

QCIu9lXl.jpg

The spongeodes has now grown into the acro frag. I was afraid the acro would lose the battle over night. So far they both seem to be doing just fine.

you can also see where one of the acro frag had left a tiny chunk when I moved it, so far its chose to just keep growing in that spot. lol

bO8Ftgyl.jpg

I have never seen these people eaters color up so well, even before I got them!

QNcMdp8l.jpg

And finally I realize it's not Nano reef associated, or even close.

I spent a good part of my summer building this, it's a 1999 Mazda Miata, and I completely rebuilt the entire motor, and also did a few other odds and ends.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess we can update this some more.

Last week I had to stop by the not-so-local fish store, for some B-ionic 2 part.

Well my son just so happened to fall in love with one of the fish there.

So with 2-part in hand, and my son carrying "Lue-Lue" we headed home.

Everyone meet The newest addition to the tank, Lue-Lue the Black Ice Clownfish.

She's pretty tiny, but what she lacks in size she makes up in energy!

i9qX4mH.jpg

Also a couple cellphone shots of some random coral.

b06qS1t.jpg

Ylws0G3.jpg

n7kfgkN.jpg

TUVz8gF.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Found some new additions for the 10g.

2ZSux6zl.jpg

Supposedly this is a small frag from a WWC green acro

ITZBJBcl.jpg

A new torch, hopefully this'll be a possible home for Lue Lue

llIm6YAl.jpg

Also snagged possibly the smallest frags of Green Monti Cap.

1QXK0OJl.jpg

And Finally an updated FTS

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a minute during lunch to take a quick video of the tank as it currently sits.

Check it out, tell me what you think.

Also look at what I found crawling around in the GSP on my Spin Stream this morning. :lol:

*Hint: Its a bunch of pods

• Like 2

Okay, after neglecting to provide proper photos for you people, I finally broke down and took out my DSLR.

Here's a couple shots of various tank inhabitants.

E9QJs3ll.jpg

Here's Lue Lue in her new favorite spot.

QyqXaUdl.jpg

Acan Garden

8Zxmimcl.jpg

Mini Acro Frag has really started to grow, and the tips have a hint of purple in them too!

VtQ4Dc9l.jpg

hWpex3Ul.jpg

This Chalice was one that I picked up during Saltcritters $10 frag sale, it wasn't much to look at to begin with, however it has really turned out to be a stunner!

p0Xj4wll.jpg

WWC Frag "Unkown"

IttnkXpl.jpg

Porcelain Crab,, he gets really brown just before molting.

wuEVFUCl.jpg

Monti Spongeodes, This has taken up about 25% of my Mag rock Jr.

VDt46UYl.jpg

Meteor Shower Cephastrea taking over the whole rock!

UcVstqcl.jpg

Duncan, now has over 5 heads!

41g1HVEl.jpg

This Rock Flower Nem has turned out to be one of my favorite tank inhabitants. :)

iNJrmhbl.jpg

I have no clue what these paly's are but they are awesome!

vj2kyrQl.jpg

Benny Hiding from the big mean camera. :P

hWessYIl.jpg

This is the Female Watchman Goby sitting just outside of her little brooding cave.

jZDooLrl.jpg

And I couldn't resist this shot because it had so much color in one spot.

Hope you guys enjoy! :lol: 

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Christopher Marks it's definitely had it's challenges as of late.

Most recently I've had to issue an eviction notice to my Tailspot Blenny. Because he kept eating the flesh off of them. :angry:

However in other news Lue-Lue has found her new favorite spot in the tank!

I managed to capture a quick video of her shenanigans before she spotted me and quickly swam to the surface for her early morning snack.

• Like 3

I figured I should show off some of the awesome growth of my Monti Spongeodes! :D

Ttei9gSl.jpg

81jsi9zl.jpg

I'm particularly excite for how it has started to plate out on multiple levels. so cool!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Just caught up after falling waaaaayyy behind. Your tank is doing super, I'm really impressed with the growth and color of all the sps. I had a spongeodes in my 4g tank and loved it, yours is beautiful!

52 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Just caught up after falling waaaaayyy behind. Your tank is doing super, I'm really impressed with the growth and color of all the sps. I had a spongeodes in my 4g tank and loved it, yours is beautiful!

Thanks @teenyreef it means a lot coming from you.

I've really come to appreciate all the hard work you've put into your tanks now.:lol:

• Like 1

New pictures, because why not?!

OmGuqnzl.jpg

The chalice has really turned a bright orange.

2zm8e7el.jpg

Blasto has now tripled in size

WuWpIb7l.jpg

I also noticed these red guys growing on the base of my torch. I'm not entirely sure what they are, but they're really pretty!

x0dKOpal.jpg

TSB playing in the acans

9VXTjHnl.jpg

scbVYuWl.jpg

The male YWG laying in the palys watching Lue-Lue freak out in her torch

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the intermittent updates, but I have been crazy sick lately. :(

But here some of the action as of late.

I added 2 of the cloves from my little jar to this tank when I had put them in there ~1m ago, now I have 6... :lol:

ln2cP1Sl.jpg

This little acro has started to spread like crazy since it came in contact with the monti.

kvcFFbtl.jpg

Overall I have 4 different types of SPS coming together here. its getting very interesting.

K8cDG8Xl.jpg

The monti spongeodes has really gone wild, sadly i'm pretty sure I will need to frag it because its shading too much below it.

FBymgOal.jpg

Unknown WWC frag that was getting shaded out by the monti, has started to lose some of its color. :( 

Ytxpwhwl.jpg

Again because the monti has been growing so much, I've had to move the acans to the other side of the tank and place the torch underneath.

ButWbVal.jpg

And lastly a view from above. :D

T10p3cxl.jpg

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Happy new year @Droy008! How's your nano reef doing these days? Are Lue-Lue and the torch coral still getting along well?

Unfortunately, since I've moved the torch coral under the sps rock, Lue-Lue has started to treat it like an unfaithful ex.

• Haha 1
Christopher Marks
5 hours ago, Droy008 said:

Sorry for the intermittent updates, but I have been crazy sick lately. :(

Did you get the holiday flu too? Brutal this year, feel better soon!

The battle for light is real, that monti wants to soak it all up! They all look content on that floating island in fact. Are the GSP starting to mound up on the back wall? Awesome update!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Did you get the holiday flu too? Brutal this year, feel better soon!

The battle for light is real, that monti wants to soak it all up! They all look content on that floating island in fact. Are the GSP starting to mound up on the back wall? Awesome update!

Yes, unfortunately I did come down with that holiday flu, I also managed to pick up pneumonia and sinus/ear infections (both ears) as well. :(

The GSP on the back wall is indeed branching out now.

56 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

It is looking great! Thanks for the update. 

Thank you, the tanks success has a lot to do with it's lighting. ;)

It's interesting that your acro started to really take off after coming in contact with the monti. I have a monti bearing down on an acro pretty quickly and I may hold off moving it in order to see what happens (that and also I have no where else to put it). Who's been winning?

Also you tank is looking awesome (had to throw that in)! Great work!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cannedfish said:

It's interesting that your acro started to really take off after coming in contact with the monti. I have a monti bearing down on an acro pretty quickly and I may hold off moving it in order to see what happens (that and also I have no where else to put it). Who's been winning?

Also you tank is looking awesome (had to throw that in)! Great work!

Well the monti is contacting 2 different acros.

The first acro has been mellow and simply started to grow/branch considerably,  and the monti has decided to try to grow over/around it.

The other acro has attacked the monti pretty good, and has kept it at bay.

So, in my experience, the acros win against the monti, but ymmv. :)

P.s. your tank thread is one of the best I've read in a while. :lol:

Forgot to throw these up.

The eyes are actually a hot pink in color.

Rr0eDbhl.jpg

Also Lue-Lue found a way to make amends with her ex and now they are back together. (She's a bit moody still I think)

6j8Fw84l.jpg

• Like 2