Top Shelf Aquatics

Nuvo Fusion 20gal pump and skimmer?

bashment

Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the process of setting up my Fusion 20 gallon and have been torn on the skimmer. I want the easiest/cheapest solution so I have been considering the IM Ghost Skimmer, however since I want this tank to be in my room, I am concerned over reviews I've seen on how loud the skimmer can be. Seems hit or miss from what I've read. All this has made me consider the Tunze 9001 skimmer which would essentially force me to upgrade to two pumps in the return chamber to get it to fit properly. The two pumps I had in mind were:

Eheim 600 : http://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_Compact_Pump_Aquarium_Powerheads_Compact_Pumps-Eheim-EH1000-FIPHCP-vi.html

or the Tunze Silence 1073.008 : http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Recirculation_Pump_Powerhead_Silence_Fixed_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-Tunze-TZ1737-FIPHFF-vi.html

Anyone here have experience with both these pumps? Or any suggestions on the skimmer? Thanks in advance!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was blessed with an already-modded Cadlights PLS-50 Elite showing up in the classifieds on the forum. Fits perfectly in the second chamber, skims amazingly. :wub:

do not smoke the reef(er)

I was blessed with an already-modded Cadlights PLS-50 Elite showing up in the classifieds on the forum. Fits perfectly in the second chamber, skims amazingly. :wub:

Im jelly! Couldn't really understand or find the instructions on how to mod it.

Thinking about just getting the tunzee 9001 and 2 return pumps

Im jelly! Couldn't really understand or find the instructions on how to mod it.

Thinking about just getting the tunzee 9001 and 2 return pumps

Do it!! Or like.. block one of the returns? Does the overflow still work correctly with one of the returns blocked?

do not smoke the reef(er)

I am pretty sure you can run it still with just one pump and the overflow should work correctly. I want all that flow though :) and i like the idea of having 2 return pumps in there just in case anything goes wrong.

I already have 2 heaters in my tank might as well get 2 pumps :D

Archived