ReefCleaners.org

Reviews on SCA Tanks Please

TankManJay

Wanted to get some feedback on what you guys thought about SCA tanks. I am looking at a 50 gal all in one Ecotech system. The price is just shy of $1,400 which i think is a great deal, for starfire glass, all equipment and pump and light. What are your guy's thought? Thanks

Specification:

• Tank: STARFIRE Glass Size: 24"W x 24"L x 20"H
  • Thickness: 10mm
  • Center Overflow with 2 pre-drilled holes, SCH40 1" drain and SCH40 1/2" return.
  • SCH40 pumping parts are all included and re-engineered to a silence pumping system (400 GPH)
  • Each piece of glass have high quality diamond polished edges (Both Sides).
  • This System is salt water ready and ready for water cycle right after setup.
  • One 3 camber glass sump (19-3/4"W x 16-1/2"L x 13"H)
  • One SCA-301 65 Gallon skimmer with PH1100 needle wheel pump.
  • One PH2500 utility return pump
  • One Black or Cherry cabinet with dual opening doors

What is included:

• SCA 50 gallon Starfire Glass Aquarium 24x24x20" 10mm with diamond polish.
  • Black Modern Style Cabinet (24x24x32") Completely Assembled.
  • SCA-301 65 Gallon Protein Skimmer.
  • SCA 3 camber glass sump (19-3/4"W x 16-1/2"L x 13"H)
  • Atman Ph2500 Return Pump 400GPH
  • EcoTech Marine Radion Gen 3 XR-15W-Pro (XR15WG3PRO) with Tank Mount System (XR709-15)
  • EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD Propeller Pump (MP10WQD-US)
  • EcoTech Marine ReefLink (BR10-US)
thecoralbeauty

Hey! Yea hi I just saw this. I have mine but the price was MUCH lower... I think it was on sale. Sad it's not anymore.

I love it so far. :) It's my first sumped tank. I upgraded from a 20L.

thecoralbeauty

Wanted to get some feedback on what you guys thought about SCA tanks. I am looking at a 50 gal all in one Ecotech system. The price is just shy of $1,400 which i think is a great deal, for starfire glass, all equipment and pump and light. What are your guy's thought? Thanks

Specification:

• Tank: STARFIRE Glass Size: 24"W x 24"L x 20"H
  • Thickness: 10mm
  • Center Overflow with 2 pre-drilled holes, SCH40 1" drain and SCH40 1/2" return.
  • SCH40 pumping parts are all included and re-engineered to a silence pumping system (400 GPH)
  • Each piece of glass have high quality diamond polished edges (Both Sides).
  • This System is salt water ready and ready for water cycle right after setup.
  • One 3 camber glass sump (19-3/4"W x 16-1/2"L x 13"H)
  • One SCA-301 65 Gallon skimmer with PH1100 needle wheel pump.
  • One PH2500 utility return pump
  • One Black or Cherry cabinet with dual opening doors

What is included:

• SCA 50 gallon Starfire Glass Aquarium 24x24x20" 10mm with diamond polish.
  • Black Modern Style Cabinet (24x24x32") Completely Assembled.
  • SCA-301 65 Gallon Protein Skimmer.
  • SCA 3 camber glass sump (19-3/4"W x 16-1/2"L x 13"H)
  • Atman Ph2500 Return Pump 400GPH
  • EcoTech Marine Radion Gen 3 XR-15W-Pro (XR15WG3PRO) with Tank Mount System (XR709-15)
  • EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD Propeller Pump (MP10WQD-US)
  • EcoTech Marine ReefLink (BR10-US)

oh dang didn't even see that. yea thats a good deal- i have the same light, the same mount, and reef link. however, i bought an mp40. the mp10, even on 100%, wasn't enough flow for me by itself so i have both the mp10 and the mp40 in there.

but then, i like a lot of flow.

what are you thinking of stocking? that might help you decide on pumps, if you decide to go with this.

im also curious about the plumbing. mine is pretty loud- but i kinda like that. makes my office/second bedroom feel more like the ocean. though, i can imagine most wouldn't like it.

• Like 1

Oh and it also includes the radion, mounts, reef link and MP10! That actually seems like a really good deal.

yeah, my plumbing is loud too. I agree with morgan. I'm in the process of actually switching the stock pump to a sicce syncra 2.0 as I don't think I need that much return flow. I am also running an MP40.

• Like 1

Hey! Yea hi I just saw this. I have mine but the price was MUCH lower... I think it was on sale. Sad it's not anymore.

This one is the EcoTech Marine version, so comes with Reef Link, Vortech Pump and Radion light. All top of the line items in the industry.

• Like 1

I would suggest contacting them about price before ordering. They are often on sale at the local stores in my area that carry this brand. There is a good chance they can do better than the pricing listed on their site.

My friend picked one of these up for about 600.00 earlier this year.

Edit: I didn't realize this was a pre-owned system. Not trying to be a jerk to the seller (not that I know who it is) but you may way to price out everything. The bundle looks good but if you don't love all of the equipment then you might be better going with new stuff.

They are offering a Herbie style overflow for $50 more over the stock Durso setup. Any thoughts on which one is better?

I'd go with the Herbie. I've had 1 tank with a durso, and 2 tanks with herbies. The herbie drain is significantly quieter than the durso.

• Like 4

They are offering a Herbie style overflow for $50 more over the stock Durso setup. Any thoughts on which one is better?

I would go with the Herbie as well. My durso is quite loud and has taken some adjusting. The herbie style is well worth the $50 I think.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I’m digging through old posts, and found this. Does everyone still like their SCA setups? I’m looking at the 50 gal full setup (needs a light) available on Amazon for $800

SCA 50 Gallon Starfire Glass Aquariums Complete Package 24x24x20" 10mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HY5PD56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_raC-Cb3RBSFPT

Thoughts would be appreciated. It will go in my room, so noise is a consideration too. My 13.5 evo AIO is in my room now and does not bother me. 

• 1 month later...

In case it gives you more/better options, consider adding a Reefpack 250 to a any tank you choose to make your own "AIO".  May be quite a bit more bang for your buck this way if it's something that could work for you.

i'll chime in here.

I owned there SCA 90 36x24x24 I found out with that tank I am not a cube guy.  not the tanks fault but a personal preference. should of went with the 75 gal 36x24x20  i think I would have like it better.  

now on to the tank...there heavy OMG  get some help. I liked the edges of the glass, the silicone was spot on and working with steve at SCA was great.

I just bought the tank tho.

what I did not like about the tank was the huge internal overflow it just bugged me. I sold if to get the RS750XXl kind wish I keeped it for a seahorse tank would have been perfect for that but IMHO not a reef again that just me.

would I buy another? yes, but drilled for external overflow. 

PS if you can wait they do offer a nice BF sell.