Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tamberav's IM10g! - Fish arrived sick :(

Tamberav

2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

The blue banded shrimp is adorable! I've only seen one blue banded for sale at my LFS, and that was years ago. How are they, temperament-wise? I like your tank btw. Anything with macro looks lovely to me. Sorry to hear about your cat - a loss like that can be hard, crippling even. Are you planning on adding a small blenny to this? Might I recommend a Pictus blenny? :)

The shrimp is shy, doesn't bother anything. They are just too tiny to harm much of anything and a wrasse could probably make short work of him. I don't think he will cause any issues with sexy shrimp, ect. He grabs mysis out of the water column and hasn't tried to steal any from corals.

I want a pictus, they are a little hard to get here. I did try one but he would not eat and seemed off and did not make it despite my best efforts. My first one I had years ago did amazing. I may be tempted to try again if one shows up. 

I love macro too, too much. I want a bigger tank to grow them out in already....

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
8 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Quick photo of the blue banded coral shrimp.... These guys usually get a bad rap but the blue ones max out at only 1.5 inches and can't really hurt much of anything. When he accidently stumbles upon the pom pom crab.. He runs away. 

They are shy but he makes his appearance during feeding time. 

2018-02-23_01-57-18

What a cool little dude, I don't know if I've ever seen a blue one! I'm glad to hear the elegance is bouncing back now too, sounds like its on the mend now.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Tamberav said:

The shrimp is shy, doesn't bother anything. They are just too tiny to harm much of anything and a wrasse could probably make short work of him. I don't think he will cause any issues with sexy shrimp, ect. He grabs mysis out of the water column and hasn't tried to steal any from corals.

I want a pictus, they are a little hard to get here. I did try one but he would not eat and seemed off and did not make it despite my best efforts. My first one I had years ago did amazing. I may be tempted to try again if one shows up. 

I love macro too, too much. I want a bigger tank to grow them out in already....

I think I saw LA selling a Pictus not too long ago. But if it's too difficult to get and too finicky to train on frozen, you can consider other smaller blennies like a TSB. Of course, clown gobies are quite attractive too. Very beautiful perchers. But once again, a bit tricky when it comes to eating pellets. 

I love macro too. But they can be difficult to obtain here. Right now I'm trying to cultivate a bit of C. peltata and Galaxaura. It's a slow process, but a steady one. Wish I had access to other colorful macros like blue octhos, red grape etc. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I think I saw LA selling a Pictus not too long ago. But if it's too difficult to get and too finicky to train on frozen, you can consider other smaller blennies like a TSB. Of course, clown gobies are quite attractive too. Very beautiful perchers. But once again, a bit tricky when it comes to eating pellets. 

I love macro too. But they can be difficult to obtain here. Right now I'm trying to cultivate a bit of C. peltata and Galaxaura. It's a slow process, but a steady one. Wish I had access to other colorful macros like blue octhos, red grape etc. 

I will keep an eye out for a pictus but otherwise might do a firefish or basslet. Have to see what pops up. Probably best I can't find anything too fast... I tend to buy fish too fast otherwise! 

Picked up a frag of goniopora from another reefer. It opened up quickly... I know they can be finicky though. I also got a mame skimmer although idk if I will use it for anything. Was 5 dollars with an air pump so I couldn't pass it up. 

2018-02-23_11-26-48

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

What a cool little dude, I don't know if I've ever seen a blue one! I'm glad to hear the elegance is bouncing back now too, sounds like its on the mend now.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more blue ones around here... They seem perfect for picos. 

8 hours ago, Tamberav said:

My tank is sort of a mess of corals and macro randomly hanging out... 

2018-02-27_09-57-08

Hey, I enjoy a tank that has macros and coral helter skelter everywhere.  Hhmm, I think that describes my seahorse garden.  Its definitely more of an english tea garden than an american manicured professionally landscaped garden.

• Like 1

Picked up a sick fiji leather from another hobbiest who's tank had seen better days. I removed what good hitchhikers I could find and added them to the tank. Then it got a iodine dip and I removed dead mushy tissue which left a hole in the center. It is browned out from lack of flow... Light... Probably unstable water parameters and so on... 

Hopefully I can bring it back to its glory. It's very grumpy. 

IMG_20180306_014254.thumb.jpg.66efb9320854ed3f4e1ee49d13709a25.jpg

• Like 4

Worked all day... Just getting to bed now at 1:30 am and need to be up at 7am for another day... Working extra to buy myself a 25 lagoon and to buy my husband a bday present... And he ain't cheap! Also got a few school bills to pay off... I just keep thinking of the new tank and how it's worth! 

But! 

Came home to the leather finally opening... It's sad brown small polyps but great to see it trying to live again. So that was a pick me up! 

Can see the some of the yellow it should be in its open wound on the middle. 

IMG_20180308_012120.jpg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

The leather looks greatly improved to me.  It might turn out to be a really nice piece.

Hope so! I saw some some pics and they looked yellow when healthy, unfortunately he took the pictures down so I can't find them now. He said he had them since 2002 and they were sold as 'Bali Fiji Leather' whatever that means. Probably same as Fiji Leather Coral with an extra word in front ;)

Its still doing well today, will do a water change tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Looking more fluffy today! Also now that I look at the pic, I see hints of yellow I think. Its trying to spread out more now and swooshing against the glass, prob move it over a bit tomorrow. 

IMG_20180310_005411.jpg

Also I wanted to share this.... :huh: 

LA is wrong about the max size/tank size. You would think someone should catch on looking at some of the monster ones showing up on Diver's Den.

image.thumb.png.0690ed4a05a18114b34ec5e36e03508a.png

I was set on a IM 25 Lagoon but sort of considering a IM 20g or 30g now too. I could get/make a short stand and literally put it next to where I sleep. (that is where my IM10 is right now on my nightstand). 

What I mean is put it the long ways so I could just lay on the bed and watch the tank. 

Toying with ideas... but hardest part is picking a spot where the tank will not only fit but be can enjoyed. My 22g works perfectly since it is right behind my computer desk and next to the couch... makes for some good lounge time.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

It is a jungle in here!

I got macro popping up everywhere. I thought I lost all my red fern but nope... It popped right out of the rock. 

I had rock kept live but without light for many months that had previously had macro on it Once the rock gets light again... macro just pops out! My 22g had red grape... String of pearls... And a few others just pop out of nowhere and this tank has blue scroll.

I even had macro come back after the rock got a peroxide dip. They are resilient things... Maybe they use spores? 

photos! 

Just cleaned some algae off the elegance so it's super pissed off... It hasn't gotten worse but haven't seen big improvements either but eats and opens better.. It really took a beating in shipping :(

The gonipora is doing good though.. Opens up well when I keep my fingers out of the tank and encrusting. 

2018-03-12_12-41-41

Neat little algae patch growing on the mp10

2018-03-12_12-40-32

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

It is a jungle in here!

I got macro popping up everywhere. 

Neat little algae patch growing on the mp10

2018-03-12_12-40-32

I also have algeas growing on my tunze powerhead.  I even have a snail with a red titan hat, ha ha!

• Haha 2
On 2/23/2018 at 3:13 AM, Tamberav said:

Quick photo of the blue banded coral shrimp.... These guys usually get a bad rap but the blue ones max out at only 1.5 inches and can't really hurt much of anything. When he accidently stumbles upon the pom pom crab.. He runs away. 

They are shy but he makes his appearance during feeding time. 

The elegance is eating mysis I offer... Guess time will tell if it can recover. 

I love how links are automatically embedded now... 

2018-02-23_01-57-18

I also have a blue CBS and pom pom in my jar and when the pom pom came barreling into the CBS's space the other night, he ran away like he was being chased by a monster. :lol:

On 2/23/2018 at 7:41 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

The blue banded shrimp is adorable! I've only seen one blue banded for sale at my LFS, and that was years ago. How are they, temperament-wise? I like your tank btw. Anything with macro looks lovely to me. Sorry to hear about your cat - a loss like that can be hard, crippling even. Are you planning on adding a small blenny to this? Might I recommend a Pictus blenny? :)

Mine was very cryptic and shy the first couple of months.  Now he has claimed the front bottom overhang on the rock as his spot but he ran away from the also cryptic pom pom crab, if that tells you anything lol.

• Like 2

New bday goodies for myself... anenome crab and a magician pally frag.

40125583084_2cfcb88d23.jpg2018-03-15_10-27-06 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

39024590300_94f6d3ef7b.jpg2018-03-15_10-27-21 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

I have decided on the Im 25 Lagoon as it makes the most sense... everything I have fits a Lagoon perfectly. The IM10 baskets, MP10, nano-box duo, ect! I am picking up a used cube stand tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I also have a blue CBS and pom pom in my jar and when the pom pom came barreling into the CBS's space the other night, he ran away like he was being chased by a monster. :lol:

Mine was very cryptic and shy the first couple of months.  Now he has claimed the front bottom overhang on the rock as his spot but he ran away from the also cryptic pom pom crab, if that tells you anything lol.

Awesome to see someone else with one! Hope mine decides to come out as much as yours. I see mine whenever I feed and sometimes he'll grace me with his presence randomly as well.

• Like 3

Picked up a simple used black wooden stand. It is meant for a rimmed cube tank but once I put a painted piece of plywood on it.. It should work just fine for a IM 25 Lagoon. 

Can't make my own stand unless I do it with just a hand saw and a new stand is out of the budget so happy to find a used one. 

• Like 2

You know what is making me anxious about upgrading? This little tank is actually running perfectly. I feel like I can take any coral and put it in here and it just improves. It's become my little nursery for sick corals that I have been getting from others. 

A few shots of recovering sick corals.... The leather definitely showing it needs more space.... A blasto who's heads have grown from tiny pieces of flesh..... A bleached paly I got free that was covered in algae and closed up and shrunken. It has started to grow skirts back and showing just a hint of green in them. 

Regaining the colors of the corals is definitely a very slow process. None of the 3 pictured have gotten their colors back yet but are very slowly regaining them. 

Also my gionapora just because it's looking happy right now. It was never sick :)

IMG_20180316_234852.jpg

IMG_20180316_235051.jpg

IMG_20180316_234949.jpg

IMG_20180316_235132.jpg

• Like 3

Okay since 25 lagoon is very much NOT a pico... I'm just going to start a new thread...

It will be an unconventional tank so come see what it will turn into (secrets)... or maybe it will fail.. who knows till we try.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Segalplayer said:

Loved the tank! What were your mp10 settings that you used?

Thanks! it is still here for now... I wish I could have tons of tanks but husband thinks I have too many... I may leave it up for a bit and claim I need it for 'quarantine' :ninja:

I wanted to upgrade because the macro is growing very fast and I want to give it more room to grow bigger colonies and look fuller. I hope the 25 is big enough lol

Lagoon mode (yellow) around 2-3 bars.

• Thanks 1