Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tamberav's IM10g! - Fish arrived sick :(

Tamberav

Rockwork looks nice! I kind of threw together my im 10 and not super impressed with the layout but I put in half dry rock and waiting for the brown uglies to clear up before messing more with it. I hate aquascaping small tanks.

Thanks! I hate scaping anything, I think I just got lucky on this one.

The little fella was out and about last night, it's a spearer, it LOVES NHBS. I'll get some better pics when I set up the macro lens. There was a live cowrie of some sort in there too, dropped it back in the system and it hauled ass back into the rock, lol.

ooo a spearer, thats unique! You going to make a thread for it?

Just gonna have it all in my one thread. You do realize I have 24 aquariums right?

24? 24 you say? I'm jealous, going to tell my hubby that I indeed do not have an addiction because I only have 4 aquariums, so HA to him!

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

It's going to get a LOT worse here shortly. We're going to open another shop when I sell my old building. There's a bank down the road from us that has the perfect layout for a boutique du coral. If that happens we'll go from 24 to over 100.

• Like 2

I forgot just how much LED only set ups mess with cameras. Added some leathers which seem to be adjusting well, still on the hunt for pom pom xenia.

27846063154_8be82e7b6d_b.jpgim10 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

It's going to get a LOT worse here shortly. We're going to open another shop when I sell my old building. There's a bank down the road from us that has the perfect layout for a boutique du coral. If that happens we'll go from 24 to over 100.

That sounds awesome! I want to get a frag tank going, not sure how to break it to the hubby. lol

• Like 4

I forgot just how much LED only set ups mess with cameras. Added some leathers which seem to be adjusting well, still on the hunt for pom pom xenia.

27846063154_8be82e7b6d_b.jpgim10 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

That sounds awesome! I want to get a frag tank going, not sure how to break it to the hubby. lol

It's coming along nicely :)

When I set my little frag tank up it was supposed to be just a temporary thing. Now I keep thinking about replacing it with something bigger and shallow with an Apex and everything :D

• Like 3

Skimz top came yesterday, yay! Was a long wait but worth it. I asked him to make just a plain black top (no in-lay) and send me rubber feet I could attach inside the lip for the perfect fit. I cut a little notch for the feet and it worked out great. I did it this way instead of routing to cut down on any bulk and have a black smooth line to match the silicone.

28512363660_ebaede3e7c_c.jpg2016-08-06_01-05-21 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28512360390_805851b3d1_c.jpg2016-08-06_01-05-05 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28719448691_4eba67601f_c.jpg2016-08-06_12-55-22 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28512233290_874300ea23_c.jpg2016-08-06_12-55-07 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 6

Everything is steadily growing or multiplying. Got some diatoms... maybe cuz new tank? :)

Added a anemone crab yesterday, he is missing one of his filter feeding arms. The tank he came from looked forgotten, lots of cyano. :( The tank was pretty much on the ground and I didn't notice it until now.

My fish tried to eat the crab when I first added him <_< First the clown and yes, the green banded gobies smaller than the crab thought he was a meal too. lol All they can think of is food when they see me. After a minute the figured out he wasn't a giant mysis and all is peaceful again.

Somehow I also never saw this thread?

Nice upgrade! I really like the leathers :)

Thanks!! :) I love the way the softies move.

• Like 4

I'm glad they figured out he's not a giant mysis :lol:

I really like the new top the way it sits on top looks really nice. Mine is inset and sits on the stock clips. Yours looks almost invisible, though :)

• Like 1

Update crappy cell photos. Everything is growing, the purple cespitularia especially. It has outgrown the green nepthea next to it. Still got lots of room for corals but finding softies locally has been a challenge, lots of acros to be bad but softies not so much! I think I may need to go check out all the Petco's.

28515147604_0ebf30b107_c.jpg2016-08-21_01-55-20 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Mr. Krabs tried out several homes, first mushrooms, then just the rock, then the green nepthea, then the cespitularia. Then he found the toadstool and seems to have settled.

28515164984_aae4b549db_c.jpg2016-08-21_01-55-50 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

One of my cats, Natawni came to investigate what I was doing :happy:

28850058420_2d82995e4f_c.jpg2016-08-21_02-06-16 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

29137116985_5bcbf4d9cb_c.jpg2016-08-21_02-07-28 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

I'm glad they figured out he's not a giant mysis :lol:

I really like the new top the way it sits on top looks really nice. Mine is inset and sits on the stock clips. Yours looks almost invisible, though :)

Thanks! It's nice not to have my tank taped all around the edges now. I was worried if I used the clips that my green bandeds might find a way to squeeze through.

• Like 5

Was able to find time to get the rest of the photos off the camera :)

29162458802_49d5c01f6c_c.jpg10gfts by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28982505040_96b01cf35f_c.jpganenomecrab by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Beautiful!

gorgeous :) that cespitularia is crazy nice!

Beautiful! It looks more like a 40 cube than an 10 :)

Looking good. Like the screen top.

I missed this threAd!! Looks great, Tam!

Thanks guys!

My purple cespitularia is growing really well too. In fact, I am about to cut off a dangling piece and glue it to another frag plug.

It's such a beautiful coral. I need to get a photo from the top. It would look great in a shallow tank with clams, plates and other corals that just look amazing from a top view.

• Like 6

Anyone have any experiance with Focus and Metroplex from Seachem? I am fairly certain my clowns/fish in this tank have internal parasites. I have tried prazi a few times now without success but some sources say there are types of internal worms resistant to prazi. I think I may gives these a try.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, I still have this tank but it looks way different now (macro tank). After I moved my cat passed away and I was crushed and ended up selling off my 75g and most of my livestock simply because I didn't have it in me to take care of it at the time and needed a few months off. 

I got it up and running again a few weeks ago, the clowns/greenbandeds are re-homed so it is fishless atm. The clowns went to a 300g tank so they probably not too upset about it lol

Crappy cell pic but here is where we are at right now... light was off so what little coral I had left over is closed up atm. I wanted something low stress so decided on predominantly macro-algae. I love macros anyways. I saw a beautiful 300g amazing SPS tank with large colonies and.... I liked his display fuge even more :P 

Not sure what it is about plants :huh:

36934870981_85fb1a375a_c.jpg2017-09-06_09-43-47 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 5

I like plants, and I like the look of the tank with lots of macros! I personally seem to have a black thumb for macros so I'm always extra appreciative of a tank with lots of pretty macros. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I like plants, and I like the look of the tank with lots of macros! I personally seem to have a black thumb for macros so I'm always extra appreciative of a tank with lots of pretty macros. 

Sorry to hear about your thumb :P I have never tried macros in a tank this small before, I probably need to add some shrimp or a fish or something to feed to make some fertilizer. 

Got an order from reef cleaners, he sent me more than this little tank can house. Not sure what to do with it all, put a bunch in a bucket of salt water for right now. 

36275674283_6cd001b481_c.jpg2017-09-07_02-01-55 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

I am thinking of these guys as the snails that evacuated from Irma

36275668403_486771631f_c.jpg2017-09-07_02-01-39 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Haha 2