Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's IM10g! - Fish arrived sick :(

Tamberav

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I have seen this tank at my LFS while impressed with the design, shape I am taken back by the cheap material in particular the false wall and the lack of 100% true water bypass in filtration.

Having said that you have made a fantastic example of bringing beauty to any tank you get your hands on!

For that, I SALUTE YOU!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The lil tank continues to recover from the light incident. I siphoned out the sand bed since the pump kept sending it everywhere. I may replace it with a larger grain.

The shrimp goby passed his trial of being disease free and graduated to the 40 gallon (I mentioned this is kind of a QT, right?). His pistol was hiding in the rock though so he remains.

I bought 5 green banded gobies who went into a bare bottom QT and got a treatment of prazi pro and once they were all eating, they were moved into this tank. I'll let them hang out in this 5g for awhile and if they are healthy in 4-8 weeks, I may move all 5 to the 40B or maybe 3 or maybe none or maybe sell some. Really just depends how they interact with each other or if they start pairing off.

I have the nano-box light packed up (i'm slow) and am going to ship it Monday to Dave to upgrade/repair.

The coral that wasn't badly damaged as been growing well. The damaged ones have grown polyps over the white flesh but haven't really taken off.

Oh and my nice camera is finally at Nikon and hopefully they don't take ages to finish repairing it.

Photos!

pico5_zpsszwqvla6.jpg

Three of the green banded gobies in this shot:

greenbanded_zpsk7d7srh8.jpg

I have seen this tank at my LFS while impressed with the design, shape I am taken back by the cheap material in particular the false wall and the lack of 100% true water bypass in filtration.

Having said that you have made a fantastic example of bringing beauty to any tank you get your hands on!

For that, I SALUTE YOU!

Yes, the filtration part is tiny. I stuck some bags of stuff back there with a intank media basket. I feel I mostly rely on the live rock. I have had this peice of rock I think... 5 years now. It started out as dry white rock and you can see it is covered in purple coraline. I think that is what is keeping such a young tank stable, even with a heavy bioload.

Fishy pics soon please! Especially that adorable blenny.

Oh and the blenny is in the 40 gallon now but I got a shot of him for you!! :) He is amazing, I wish a pair would pop up on divers den. I added a urchin to this tank and he ate all my coraline lol BOO!

blenny_zpsajn19qkw.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 months later...

Tank is doing well, SPS growing slowly. I removed a bunch of zoa's to trade at the swap. I rehomed the orange clown and replaced him with a Booyah's buckshot. All 5 gobies get along great and are little monsters!

Will get an updated pic later today.

I also ordered a IM 10g from Marine Depot so the clowns/gobies can get more space. I will set it up at the new apartment in June. Dave is working on my nano-box for me. I plan to keep it fairly simple for filtration.

This Fluval will be used as intended... for a QT.

So the new apt will have:

75g reef with display fuge

10g IM reef

7g cold water reef

7g rimless fresh water planted

I promised my husband I won't change tanks for the next 4 years so these will have to grow in :) It will be good as I change stuff around too much and I really need to just let everything be. I am fairly certain I can be happy with these tanks for 4 years.

• Like 5
danimal1211

What settings do you have the wp10 at? I would think it would be too much flow for such a small tank but it looks like its working for you and I may consider one for my tank

What settings do you have the wp10 at? I would think it would be too much flow for such a small tank but it looks like its working for you and I may consider one for my tank

I just used the wave mode, It wasn't too much flow but I removed it because it was too much noise! Plus it felt like an eye sore.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

SPS is growing nicely, just slowly because I haven't been dosing, plan to start once I get the IM10g set up. Removed a bunch of zoa's and traded them at the swap.

26673195483_8b56e6cdec_c.jpg

New clown, Booyah's buckshot.

27279090925_0d40ee2922_c.jpg

What is better than a Greenbanded goby? Five of them!

26673198853_70834c9420_c.jpg

Got the IM10g, still need to do a leak test. Got my scap going...

26673200023_c73f660822_c.jpg

27279093925_904183998f_c.jpg

I bought a media basket and a fuge basket from inTank, probably just use Eheim substrate pro in it instead of a fuge. Plan is to keep the tank simple to keep down noise since the tank is next to my head where I sleep. Nano-box should be here Saturday and working with smiz for a tank topper! :wub: to our sponsors, they make great stuff!

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

I am officially moved into my new apt!

Fluval is now a QT tank for small fish or corals. The clowns have been upgraded to an IM10 (they looked cramped in the previous tank, they aren't baby clowns after all!). I am waiting on a top from Tank Toppers so forgive the tape around the top.... don't want the greenbanded gobies going carpet surfing!

These photos came out poopy, phone camera couldn't handle the LED's but better than nothing. The tank got wet June 13th, just tossed in some mushies last night to see how they do. The fish seem happy with the bigger space. The tank is running smoothly so far. The tank sits right next to the bed so it must run silent. Filtration is just a InTank media rack (with only floss so far) and a InTank fuge basket which I put a huge bag of Eheim substrat biological filter media in. No plans for a skimmer or media reactor, just good ol water changes.

27526449583_bd7e25283d_z.jpg

28141898775_b9e8cb5642_z.jpg

27860511320_9380e34464_z.jpg

• Like 6
natalia_la_loca

Beautiful scape, I love that cave.

The Manual app has a white balance filter that can knock back some of that blue.

• Like 1

Dat scape doe ;)

Yes that rock work is the truth! Following along looks like a good start.

Thanks! I think this is the first time I made a scape I didn't want to keep changing.

Beautiful scape, I love that cave.

The Manual app has a white balance filter that can knock back some of that blue.

I will play with the app more, thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My female clown is itching one of her eyes, flukes? Those things just haunt me endlessly. So far, don't see anything visually wrong. I would almost rather have ich at this point. None of the other fish having issues so far.

Wanted to get a shot of the tank before I dosed prazi-pro. I hear it sometimes kills xenia, I hope not, I just added it!!

I played with the app a bit natalia and got some of the dark blue out, thank you :)

Oh, the white thing is a mushroom prison.

Kat, you should recolonize those blue/speckled mushies :)

28270873632_d02d642172_c.jpg

• Like 5
StinkyBunny

You're in BIG trouble now!!! Now I want an IM 10, looks like $100 is going to Marine Depot this weekend, lol. Need a house for the little mantis that came in in the rock shipment from Indonesia yesterday.

How long have you had the clown? Sometimes nitrite can cause that itching, the tank was just moved so there's that possibility.

• Like 3

You're in BIG trouble now!!! Now I want an IM 10, looks like $100 is going to Marine Depot this weekend, lol. Need a house for the little mantis that came in in the rock shipment from Indonesia yesterday.

How long have you had the clown? Sometimes nitrite can cause that itching, the tank was just moved so there's that possibility.

lol! It is a great tank for the price. I am jealous of your mantis, I know he/she is tiny, but I would love a close up picture to try and ID it.

Have had the clown forever but the tank is new, the rock was pre-cycled in my big tank but that is a great idea sine the tank is so young. I will test tonight.

• Like 1
GoingPostal

Rockwork looks nice! I kind of threw together my im 10 and not super impressed with the layout but I put in half dry rock and waiting for the brown uglies to clear up before messing more with it. I hate aquascaping small tanks.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

The little fella was out and about last night, it's a spearer, it LOVES NHBS. I'll get some better pics when I set up the macro lens. There was a live cowrie of some sort in there too, dropped it back in the system and it hauled ass back into the rock, lol.

• Like 1