inTank Media Baskets

pictures of turbo and astrea snails?

Guy

Try to post a picture. Identifying the algae may help to find a cure.

What additives and saltmix are you using. I am wondering (being that you say the algae is bristle-like) if it requires more calcium than the norm and if cutting that back (if possible) could curb its growth. Is it growing rapidly? Does it cover a large portion of the tank?

I didnt and dont want to get into a long discussion about how to avoid and or remove hair algae as there are too many threads out there about that.The point you made was that they wont eat it and they will.I agree with your other statements.BTW ,the green spotted puffer has been in the tank over 2 years !ABS is coming over Friday and hes bringing his camera, I will post some updated pics of my tank.

Well, I love my Turbos, they may not have eaten any of they air algra, but my red leg hermits love the stuff, when I had hair algrea I would see them munch on that stuff all the time. I like the turbos because they keep not only the glass clean, but also my rocks and powerhead free of brown film algea :)

Originally posted by scd

Try to post a picture.  Identifying the algae may help to find a cure.

What additives and saltmix are you using.  I am wondering (being that you say the algae is bristle-like) if it requires more calcium than the norm and if cutting that back (if possible) could curb its growth.  Is it growing rapidly?  Does it cover a large portion of the tank?

I'll start another thread with some pictures of it. It's bright green, and has a firm hold on the rocks. Somewhat resembles hair algae, but much more green. It grows in these little tufts, that when they get big enough, can be removed in one shot. when it's short, it's impossible to remove either by pulling or scrubbing. I had some hair algae, and after adding the rowaphos it is going away. but that HA must have been competing with this stuff, because since then this other stuff has gotten greener, and bigger.

Archived