ReefCleaners.org

Location settings

andru1313

I only use it for clouds and storms so anywhere that's mostly sunny works. If u want to use dynamic sunrise or sunset u will need to pay closer attention to the photoperiod of the location u choose as their day length will determine your day length. Currently I am on my favorite fishing spot - marathon Florida.

I only use it for clouds and storms so anywhere that's mostly sunny works. If u want to use dynamic sunrise or sunset u will need to pay closer attention to the photoperiod of the location u choose as their day length will determine your day length. Currently I am on my favorite fishing spot - marathon Florida.

Thanks smeagol.. I wanted to change my location since I am using where I live and probably not ideal... just wanted to see where other people had there location set to..

Some good info I wrote on the dynamic sunrise/sunset

123kid, on 13 Nov 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

Is there a reason why you don't recommend " option C" in the sunrise sunset coulmn?

If u used this option yours lights would go on and off whenever sunrise and sunset was in ur simulated location ignoring your times altogether. So if u chose a place on the other side of the word your lights would come on in the middle of the night. Best to either use just dynamic sunrise or dynamic sunset individually of each other. I like my lights to go off the same time every night but I am okay with the start time changing so I use dynamic sunrise. With dynamic sunrise it take your night start time lets say 11 pm, and whatever the photoperiod (length of time between sunrise and sunset) of your sim location is gets subtracted from you night start to determine day start. So if the sim location photoperiod is 12 hours your lights would come on at 11 am. If it was 12 hr 10 minutes photoperiod your lights will come on at 1050 am. Their photo period changes by a minute or two daily so your lights start time would change by that as well to to match the length of their photoperiod using your end time. Using dynamic sunset is the opposite, uses your start time and than applies the photoperiod to determine end/night time.

SpencerShepard

That is mostly accurate, but not entirely. Sunrise/sunset times are pulled in your simulated location's local time. So even if your location is on the other side of the world, your lights wont be coming on in the middle of the night or anything wonky like that.

Archived