Cultivated Reef

Legendary Black Saturday Sale, Official Thread

Legendary Corals

Ahhhhh.....?? All the leftovers, lol. Lots of nice pieces but I got 30? Pieces tops I'd say. I'm kinda upset because I added a few and then needed a new invoice for this, now I haven't heard anything. The cool thing is it wasn't all junk frags, lots of nice stuff. I ordered lots of racks so I can get ready for a tank rescape. I'm always busy. How's my painting coming along?

It's done! Waiting for the top coat to dry so I can take a picture to send you :)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a few pictures but need to track down my digital camera. Cannot adjust white balance on phone so pictures look really stupid.

Merletti all opened up and looking great. Candy apple purple zoa looks sweet as well -- was a checklist item for me going back to last sale.

The eagle eyes are surprisingly cool looking as well. Remind me of the blowpops from last sale, $5 frag that is really sweet looking.

As the day passed from 9:00am to 10:00am to 11:00am, I started getting nervous without seeing a FedEx truck. But the doorbell rang as the clock struck 12:00pm!

20151203_120821.jpg

D'oh! I shouldn't have worried. This package was solidly prepped with lots of foam and several heat packs.

20151203_121503.jpg

So I set out to acclimate and dip the new corals. ('Cause I'm compulsive like that.)

20151203_121619.jpg

And, after their trials and tribulations, the corals finally settled in their new home with a guy who really doesn't understand white balance. And, like, photography in general. What does a lens do, again?

20151203_205757.jpg

(The other third-or-so of the frags is actually setting up in the office tank, where the photography-challenged reefkeeper completely forgot to take photos.)

And they all lived happily ever after.

Sweet dipping/acclimation set-up, Evan!

So, I learned Tuesday I'm going to have to move my tanks to a new city about 8 hours away in the next month or so. I've been contemplating how I'm going to transport the corals, fish and inverts. Been thinking I'll build frag racks that will fit in Homer buckets, drop in an airline for a little circulation. However, tonight my husband was all like, "Can't you just seal them all up in little bags like that coral shipment you got earlier in the week?" I told him that would be cool, but I'm pretty sure Darwin & Co have a special little heat tool they use for packaging...

Hey LC crew, wanna come out to Ohio for drinks and bring your plastic bag melter thingie with?

Sweet dipping/acclimation set-up, Evan!

So, I learned Tuesday I'm going to have to move my tanks to a new city about 8 hours away in the next month or so. I've been contemplating how I'm going to transport the corals, fish and inverts. Been thinking I'll build frag racks that will fit in Homer buckets, drop in an airline for a little circulation. However, tonight my husband was all like, "Can't you just seal them all up in little bags like that coral shipment you got earlier in the week?" I told him that would be cool, but I'm pretty sure Darwin & Co have a special little heat tool they use for packaging...

Hey LC crew, wanna come out to Ohio for drinks and bring your plastic bag melter thingie with?

20-30 dollars on Ebay ;)

http://www.trendtimes.com/bag-sealer-handheld-heat-impulse-sealing-machine-8-.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc

Ooooooh thanks Lawn!

you can also get little bags long enough to tie in knots and have the same effect - little water tight packages :)

As the day passed from 9:00am to 10:00am to 11:00am, I started getting nervous without seeing a FedEx truck. But the doorbell rang as the clock struck 12:00pm!

Same thing happened to me.. I kept checking the door etc to see if I missed them being dropped off. The FedEx guy probably thought I was crazy because I opened the door as he was walking up and met him lol =P

Same thing happened to me.. I kept checking the door etc to see if I missed them being dropped off. The FedEx guy probably thought I was crazy because I opened the door as he was walking up and met him lol =P

All the delivery guys think we are crazy with this guy living in the front yard.

post-84410-0-54268000-1449251394_thumb.jpg

Legendary Corals
Congratulations to everyone! Thanks to everyone again for participating! Coupons for the check ins are currently being sent out!

Now for what everyone has been waiting for.......

THE WINNERS!!!!!!

First Prize Winner: antsypants

Second Prize Winner: joeIII

Third Prize Winner: mirya

Fourth Prize Winner: a reefer's girlfriend

Fifth Prize Winner: setlock13

Thanks again! Looking forward to see you guys in the next one!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wanted to post more smilies, but I kept on getting this error message: You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

O____O (low-key freaking out)

no way no way no way. Studying all day for finals had me like :furious::angry::( but this news had me do a 180! :):lol::D You guys are the literal BEST. Thank you so much LC!

A Reefer's Girlfriend

Awesome! My boyfriend was teasing me for insisting I needed an account here to complete my check-ins. Now I can wave my prize at him! :P

LOL

Have gotten like 10 emails from paypal today saying they are withdrawing money and more to come ha. I used PAY After Delivery for the live sale. Thought i could get away with it :P

Archived