Innovative Marine Aquariums

Legendary Black Saturday Sale, Official Thread

Legendary Corals

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have to grab a few of the small racks. Which ones do people recommend? Ideally sticking it onto side of my 20" long tank.

OceanBox Designs just came out with a really cool one- slim and 4-6 plugs.

For larger racks I recommend BlackRockReef. Super strong magnets and high quality from what I've seen.

OceanBox Designs just came out with a really cool one- slim and 4-6 plugs.

For larger racks I recommend BlackRockReef. Super strong magnets and high quality from what I've seen.

Aww, I got really excited and they ended up being on hiatus?

I might have to grab a few of the small racks. Which ones do people recommend? Ideally sticking it onto side of my 20" long tank.

My 'Captain Saltys' rack from ebay is holding up pretty awesomely. The magnets are strong and coated so they can be placed underwater as well as on the outside of the glass. I ordered another rack from them this time around.

I also got the Oceanbox Designs rack, and it should be arriving either today or tomorrow. And then these.

What a day to say the least. Will give you the short story and some pictures.

Fedex tracking said my package was delivered at 10:04 AM. Look outside and nothing is there. Call up fedex and they tell me to look around at other houses. Looked around to no avail, so while still on the phone we filed a claim.

12:00 PM I get a call saying that it was a temporary driver and that they cannot reach her at the moment to see where she left the package.

6:00 PM rolls around "Jane" calls me back from fedex. We were on a first name basis by now... "We know the general area of your package and are sending a driver to pick it up and redeliver".

7:45 PM Corals Arrive!!!!

7:45:47 PM

Never Opened a box ups fast in my life.

A2CCDE37-9CAF-48ED-A795-755D8F50F260.jpg

After acclimating for about 20 minutes and dipping. Everything was starting to open up within minutes of the entering the tank. These pics were taken late in the evening, so they are very blue heavy. You can get the picture though. The zoos weren't fully open yet so no pics.

Refter Starburst Cap

9A638B01-5CAC-458F-88E3-4AB98E6730B8.jpg

Jedi Mind Tricks Monti

3B9E6EFE-31A2-4BDC-9251-293E90FC1BB5.jpg

Fire Lep

He got super puffy before the lights went out. Cant wait to see tomorrow.

798CE3A6-8A9B-47C1-8292-61748FBF4067.jpg

3EB46637-B7EC-47DB-A2CC-880D230F7246.jpg

Chernobyl and Toxicity Favia in the corner

F9C3B81F-AD4D-4F20-B71C-B5F5581AA248.jpg

B.O.P

This pic does absolutely no justice. Bright green with purple tips and poly extension already poking out.

E179688F-ED88-466D-81D5-A9CE94AD5061.jpg

I owe everything to Darwin. Packaging was spot on with heat packs, cups around all corals, and styrofoam lined box. Heres my full list below. My first live sale so don't judge :D This is in a Fluvial Spec V already packed.. so..

M7 WOWs 4p $0.00 M6 Devil's Armor 2p $11.99 O15 Blue Eyed Dolls 2p $1.00 Duplicate R8 Blueberry Merletti 5p $19.99 Duplicate U1 ORA Birds of Paradise $9.99 U12 ReefTek Starburst Cap $5.00 Duplicate V7 Jedi Mind Trick Montipora $5.00 Refunded J1-16 Purple People Eater Blastomussa $0.00 F1-11 Toxicity Favia $5.00 Shipping $50.00 Fire Leptastrea - Stock $5.00 H1-9 LC Chernobyl Favia $7.99 Cranberries $5.00 A1-1 Black Magics 3p $9.99

What a day to say the least. Will give you the short story and some pictures.

Fedex tracking said my package was delivered at 10:04 AM. Look outside and nothing is there. Call up fedex and they tell me to look around at other houses. Looked around to no avail, so while still on the phone we filed a claim.

12:00 PM I get a call saying that it was a temporary driver and that they cannot reach her at the moment to see where she left the package.

6:00 PM rolls around "Jane" calls me back from fedex. We were on a first name basis by now... "We know the general area of your package and are sending a driver to pick it up and redeliver".

7:45 PM Corals Arrive!!!!

7:45:47 PM

Never Opened a box ups fast in my life.

A2CCDE37-9CAF-48ED-A795-755D8F50F260.jpg

After acclimating for about 20 minutes and dipping. Everything was starting to open up within minutes of the entering the tank. These pics were taken late in the evening, so they are very blue heavy. You can get the picture though. The zoos weren't fully open yet so no pics.

Refter Starburst Cap

9A638B01-5CAC-458F-88E3-4AB98E6730B8.jpg

Jedi Mind Tricks Monti

3B9E6EFE-31A2-4BDC-9251-293E90FC1BB5.jpg

Fire Lep

He got super puffy before the lights went out. Cant wait to see tomorrow.

798CE3A6-8A9B-47C1-8292-61748FBF4067.jpg

3EB46637-B7EC-47DB-A2CC-880D230F7246.jpg

Chernobyl and Toxicity Favia in the corner

F9C3B81F-AD4D-4F20-B71C-B5F5581AA248.jpg

B.O.P

This pic does absolutely no justice. Bright green with purple tips and poly extension already poking out.

E179688F-ED88-466D-81D5-A9CE94AD5061.jpg

I owe everything to Darwin. Packaging was spot on with heat packs, cups around all corals, and styrofoam lined box. Heres my full list below. My first live sale so don't judge :D This is in a Fluvial Spec V already packed.. so..

M7 WOWs 4p $0.00 M6 Devil's Armor 2p $11.99 O15 Blue Eyed Dolls 2p $1.00 Duplicate R8 Blueberry Merletti 5p $19.99 Duplicate U1 ORA Birds of Paradise $9.99 U12 ReefTek Starburst Cap $5.00 Duplicate V7 Jedi Mind Trick Montipora $5.00 Refunded J1-16 Purple People Eater Blastomussa $0.00 F1-11 Toxicity Favia $5.00 Shipping $50.00 Fire Leptastrea - Stock $5.00 H1-9 LC Chernobyl Favia $7.99 Cranberries $5.00 A1-1 Black Magics 3p $9.99

Glad your coral made it! What a day for sure :P

Mine arrived today, didn't buy anywhere near as much as some of you :lol: Got rainbow hornets, mardi gras, tutti fruiti, peachy blues, and a starburst cap :) Will try to get pics tomorrowww

Honesty i didn't add it up and don't want too ha. All the individual paypal payments. You can add it up from list above.

But don't tell me :P

righttirefire

I didn't want to add it up either. Lol. I don't want to know. If you have to ask how much you can't afford it... maybe that's why I've been buying only water lately

I don't feel guilty about this sale at all after seeing what people were spending on the WWC cyber Monday sale. People were dropping will over $1,000 lol. Some guy had bought like three different bounce shrooms on 'sale' at $500 each..

Thx for feedback on the racks. My concern had always been lighting on the edge of tank where rack would be. Just got my nanobox duo I bought from a nr member, light coverage no longer an issue lol. New light today, new Corals Thursday.. Good tank week.

Will have to try the mag float diy for a temporary rack. Have a mag I don't use anymore already.

I went to Lowes, bought a couple of ceramic magnets ( the rectangle ones are STRONG!, black plastic coat spray, and superglue. I had egg crate. painted it all black and placed in the tank. I should have cleaned the edges up but could not get to my dremel.

I have 21 frags on it ( yes between LC and Saltcritters I now have 21 more frags)

IMG_2380.jpg

I don't feel guilty about this sale at all after seeing what people were spending on the WWC cyber Monday sale. People were dropping will over $1,000 lol. Some guy had bought like three different bounce shrooms on 'sale' at $500 each..

I don't get the hype around bounces.

Thx for feedback on the racks. My concern had always been lighting on the edge of tank where rack would be. Just got my nanobox duo I bought from a nr member, light coverage no longer an issue lol. New light today, new Corals Thursday.. Good tank week.

Just got my Duo last week. My corals have never been happier.

My order should be arriving today. If I get time between errands, acclimation, & watching the kid I will try to post some pictures as well.

...A 'Delivery Exception'.

Because the package got there 'after courier dispatch'.

I am so unamused.

=\ I wonder what that means.. Like if it just won't make the 1030 deadline?

Good luck getting your corals!

I would get on the phone with the hub the package is coming out of. thats what i did and they were very helpful. Mine was delivered to the wrong house but still, i think you could get some answers from them.

...A 'Delivery Exception'.

Because the package got there 'after courier dispatch'.

I am so unamused.

IME this generally delays delivery by a whole day. See if you can get someone at your local hub on the phone and stress that they are alive. You may have to go pick them up.

IME this generally delays delivery by a whole day. See if you can get someone at your local hub on the phone and stress that they are alive. You may have to go pick them up.

I'm going to call, but this address gets multiple shipments in a day; stuff usually only gets delayed by a couple of hours.

Archived