inTank Media Baskets

Legendary Black Saturday Sale, Official Thread

Legendary Corals

I really want to hear what I didn't get away with; there hasn't been an e-mail from Paypal or LC yet. But as soon as I know that, I'll know how much rack space I need..

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a refund on the golden nightmares, aka the one I wanted most. :(

Still no email, not even from Paypal. I went to my account and checked; that's when I found the refund.

So do you still get to keep your 1 or 5 dollar coral if you get an item removed/cancelled from paypal?

I don't think so, not unless you buy another regular sale item to replace it.

Legendary Corals

Sorry about all the refunds folks, we're only doing them on pieces we really don't have spares of. Being refunded is some what the same as not being able to pick up the coral at all, which is what happens in other live sales. Or even live sales that run via email, where you don't know what you get until you receive a reply. Someone just happened to be faster than others at check out, and we honor that system by letting that piece go to them. Although unintended, there is a plus side to the lag though, which does allow you to pick up corals that we happen to have spares for. A lot of people's orders have replacements, some people even half their orders consist of replacements. At least it gives you a shot of getting corals compared to the frustration of being out sniped every time and not being able to pick out anything at all.

We're getting a very small requests from people to refund their whole order because they missed one or two pieces. Please read the rules folks, you automatically agree to follow them if you participate. All sales are final and you'll either be given a similar piece if we have any or refunded. We have that rule for cases like this. If you participate in the sale and then decide to cancel your pieces, you are then being unfair to the other reefers who are participating in the sale. Every piece you pick up means a coral someone else doesn't get. If you pick up corals that you "didn't really want," then please don't pick them up at all. Someone else most likely wanted that piece and now can't purchase it because you took it. We understand how a "center piece" was the reason for you order and the disappointment that comes when you find out you didn't win it. Just contact us via email and we can see if we can offer something else to help you out.

As for the Ferrari Enzo, it's our only good frag we have left. We wish we could offer more of it, there were 10 reefers who tried to grab it. Had we known how bad the lag would have been (it was never even this close in all our previous sales) and the popularity on some items, we probably wouldn't have listed our limited items at all and kept them for stock. We put out high tiered items into this sale to make it fun for people, but we may have to stop that in the future if people are getting this upset about it.

We put out high tiered items into this sale to make it fun for people, but we may have to stop that in the future if people are getting this upset about it.[/font][/size]

Please don't punish us all for the actions of a few poor sports! Sh*t happens, people need to get over it.

Sorry about all the refunds folks, we're only doing them on pieces we really don't have spares of. Being refunded is some what the same as not being able to pick up the coral at all, which is what happens in other live sales. Or even live sales that run via email, where you don't know what you get until you receive a reply. Someone just happened to be faster than others at check out, and we honor that system by letting that piece go to them. Although unintended, there is a plus side to the lag though, which does allow you to pick up corals that we happen to have spares for. A lot of people's orders have replacements, some people even half their orders consist of replacements. At least it gives you a shot of getting corals compared to the frustration of being out sniped every time and not being able to pick out anything at all.

We're getting a very small requests from people to refund their whole order because they missed one or two pieces. Please read the rules folks, you automatically agree to follow them if you participate. All sales are final and you'll either be given a similar piece if we have any or refunded. We have that rule for cases like this. If you participate in the sale and then decide to cancel your pieces, you are then being unfair to the other reefers who are participating in the sale. Every piece you pick up means a coral someone else doesn't get. If you pick up corals that you "didn't really want," then please don't pick them up at all. Someone else most likely wanted that piece and now can't purchase it because you took it. We understand how a "center piece" was the reason for you order and the disappointment that comes when you find out you didn't win it. Just contact us via email and we can see if we can offer something else to help you out.

As for the Ferrari Enzo, it's our only good frag we have left. We wish we could offer more of it, there were 10 reefers who tried to grab it. Had we known how bad the lag would have been (it was never even this close in all our previous sales) and the popularity on some items, we probably wouldn't have listed our limited items at all and kept them for stock. We put out high tiered items into this sale to make it fun for people, but we may have to stop that in the future if people are getting this upset about it.

Thanks for all the hard work, Darwin and team!!! It was a really fun live sale and I hope you don't stop the surprise high tiered items in the sale in the future :( That's part of the fun! Like you said, the rules are stated right up front so I hope a few don't ruin it for the many.

Are you still working thru the refunds/emails? I have not heard anything yet so I am hoping that is a good thing!

I'm also a bit antsy for not having heard anything. Not sure if it means I got everything, everything was confirmed or replaced, or they just haven't gotten around to refunding/e-mailing me yet. Either way, can't wait to see the outcome! :)

So excited.

So little frag rack space.

We put out high tiered items into this sale to make it fun for people, but we may have to stop that in the future if people are getting this upset about it.

You made it LOTS of fun! My first live sale, and it was great. I hope to participate again in the next ones!

Legendary Corals

Sorry guys, stellablue guessed right. I've been working on compiling everyone's order a little bit after the sale ended and haven't slept since. Just wanted to get everyone's emails out before the afternoon, they'll be out shortly I promise!

I was one of those 10 that tried for the Ferrari but I'm not mad about not getting it. It's a risk you take and server lag is something you can't predict. I can see this is a hell of a lot of work for you guys and I really do appreciate all you did :)

Just got my email :) It says duplicate next to a couple items, not sure what that means but I don't think any of my orders clashed with somebody else.

Anyways, thanks LC for an awesome sale, 6 hours has never gone by so quickly! Bummed to hear some people were unhappy when they should be grateful for you even bothering to do this. Hopefully these live sales continue (once I recover from this spending spree :lol: ) because it was a ton of fun and now I get to look forward to receiving my first order from you guys :)

Dang! Order got refunded on the flamethrower chalice and golden nightmares =/

But still an awesome shopping experience! LC please keep doing what you're doing and don't punish your loyal customers for some people who can't understand the rules.

:o From the e-mail I got, a handful of things are duplicates but 23 of 24 were listed. Hopefully the 24th coral isn't an incoming refund D:

Yehp. Refund on that ricordea. xD Okay, fine, 23 things nabbed. Still gonna need more frag racks!

I like sand in my aquarium.

I do not like sand in my vagina.

Unfortunately, it seems a few of the participants are proponents of the latter.

Legendary Corals :wub: It was a great Live Sale! Don't listen to the haters!

Legendary Corals

Haha, sorry for the little note. I got the notifications via email and wanted to make sure everyone knew the rules and why we do what we do. Everyone on Nano-Reef is awesome.

I'm going to reply to a couple more emails and then rest up for a little bit. I'll get the check ins some time later tonight and email the winners. Be sure to let me know which handle correlates to your email!

Haha, sorry for the little note. I got the notifications via email and wanted to make sure everyone knew the rules and why we do what we do. Everyone on Nano-Reef is awesome.

I'm going to reply to a couple more emails and then rest up for a little bit. I'll get the check ins some time later tonight and email the winners. Be sure to let me know which handle correlates to your email!

I won't be surprised if you sleep for a day straight. Go rest!

Yehp. Refund on that ricordea. xD Okay, fine, 23 things nabbed. Still gonna need more frag racks!

and I thought I had a lot lol.

Side note half of mine were duplicates so I'm thankful of LC still honoring them with other pieces in stock.

Was mine too. I went crazy for the first few hours and lost track of how much I spent so I slowed down lol.

This is why I had my PayPal account open in another tab so I could keep track of how much I spent.

Archived