ReefCleaners.org

My BioCube 29 Build

uwharrie

Flame Hawk

pretty sure the snail is a Nerite. The do a good job on algae but they lay eggs everywhere. I am scraping eggs off the glass daily ( and you can see them all over the back glass.

Nice video! Tanks looking good. :) I love that hawkfish, why type is it?
Also, what type of snails were on the glass?

• 4 weeks later...

Tank update.

Have been fighting algae. Have reduced feeding, got the skimmer dialed in and added a phosphate absorption bag.

water parameters

Sal 1.026

pH 8

Ca 420

Kh 11

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0-2

Phosphate 0

IMG_1137.jpg

• Like 2

Acutally quite well. The maroon was the first fish in ( Newby mistake) So I had to chose fish that could handle living with him. I only have three fish the Maroon,Hawk and a sixline wrasse

How does that hawk and maroon clown get along?

• Like 1

2 Questions for you!

1. With your StevesLED do you notice dark spots at the top right, left and back of the tank? What power % do you use?

2. moonlight kit from Steves, do you notice any adverse side effects from using different color lighting?

the lighting intensity is less at the rear of the tank brightest in the center. My guess is the biocube "lens" cover has something to do with that.

The moonlighting is not bright enough to do much. I only use the blue at night and need to replace the led strip as the blues seem to be at the end of their life cycle.

I bought my replacement on amazon for $12 ( comes with the strip, transformer and remote)

I was interested in the moonlight from stevesled,

But hesitant.

• 1 month later...

well the last vestige of the Acan bailed. I so had hoped it would stick around. So FRUSTRATING!! But everything else looks good. Live and learn

Kenya Trees. Grow like weeds! ( but I like them)

The tanks looking great! really starting to fill in nice :) What are those softies at the front in the sand?

And the GSP and other frags on the rack... I am still trying to decide if I want to go ahead and place them in the tank or not. I have been holding off till I get the 4.2 up and running (GSP to be on back wall) but the way it is going it may be a few months before I can get back to the LFS. My goal is to have both tanks back wall covered with GSP

• 10 months later...

thanks! I know there use to be a button on the tool bar that allowed photos to be inserted. for some reason the tool bar is no longer active.

The tank is still having issues with algae but it is getting better, slowly!

• Like 1

Not sure it is good to revisit a build thread after two years. I see SO many corals that have come and gone. Not sure what I am doing wrong as it seems they do well and then they do not. The only thing that changed was I added a lighting control back in 2017 Before I was just eyeballing the lights.

I know that feeling, looking back at pics and remembering the corals I have lost. Hopefully we will soon be looking at how our tanks are flourishing again!