Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Done

HIppieRose

HIppieRose

Finger leather dropped a baby I missed. lol So letting it grow.  

White rock just looks wrong.  But thats just me I guess.

• 1 month later...

Lost a few of my mushroom my husbands thinks it is cause I have no lid and stuff was getting into the water so put the lid that comes with the tank back on.  At least I have less water that I have to add everyday.  Lost one more mushroom.  Hopefully that well be the end of loosing things.  The lighting is enough for the types of corals I have but I have to remember to turn on and off the lights.  I may get a piece of Plexiglas  cut for it and put my good lights back on but no hurry. Cant have them any higher then 8 anyways.

Hope you all are having a great day.

8 minutes ago, HIppieRose said:

Lost a few of my mushroom my husbands thinks it is cause I have no lid and stuff was getting into the water so put the lid that comes with the tank back on.  At least I have less water that I have to add everyday.  Lost one more mushroom.  Hopefully that well be the end of loosing things.  The lighting is enough for the types of corals I have but I have to remember to turn on and off the lights.  I may get a piece of Plexiglas  cut for it and put my good lights back on but no hurry. Cant have them any higher then 8 anyways.

Hope you all are having a great day.

:( What did he think was Getting in the water?  

I have open tops on all my tanks and there is dog hair, cat hair, incense, other smoke ;) , candles burning, aerosol sprays, etc. all floating around my house.   

1 minute ago, HIppieRose said:

Hmmm he was thinking flour cleaning from mopping. It is pretty strong.

I guess anything is possible. :) 

is everything else ok?  Sometimes mushrooms are the canaries in the coal mine. 

I lost my baby leather finger too but everything else seems fine. How ever yesterday a bunch of tiny baby snails showed up all over the glass so something must be going right now.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, HIppieRose said:

I lost my baby leather finger too but everything else seems fine. How ever yesterday a bunch of tiny baby snails showed up all over the glass so something must be going right now.

Hopefully it's nothing a water change won't cure. :)  

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Hopefully it's nothing a water change won't cure. :)  

This. 

And yeah, I could see floor cleaner causing trouble. 

Altho how the heck is it jumping from the floor into the tank? 

You splash around a lot when mopping?

• Like 2

:lol: wipes tears from eyes.

No it just has a lot of fums from moping the floor. I know that it is bad for my parrots so I always open the windows in the bird room when we mop so they wont breath it. I just assume it can settle in the tank too.

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

The tank is looking good!  I love that red mushroom, I've wanted a red one for ages but I never seem to come across them.  What type of leather is at the top of the tank?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fighting algae again. Time for a black out.  Think adding the two new fish may of done this cause it had started to recede a lot.  But added a watchman goby and a blue-green chromis 3 more red leg crabs.  Think I started adding to much food.  The watchman just looked to skinny.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:52 PM, HIppieRose said:

FTS Taken today.

35831100281_412b8959e2_k.jpgIMG_2072 by Angela Reeves, on Flickr

Corals looking great here!!

I can't remember, do you do anything for nutrient reduction?

Use GFO for phosphate removal, or something similar?

It looks like you may have crushed coral for substrate, which I've heard is harder to keep clean. Do you vacuum it very regularly?

Maybe you should consider adding some Macroalgae once you finish the current blackout, they can be great for lowering nitrate especially, and phosphate somewhat as well. 

• Like 1

I have GFO in the back but does not seem to help. I added a UV light last week.  I clean the crushed coral every week. So much easier then trying to clean sand.  I do a 4 gallon a week water change.  One of the weeks I do just the back compartments. When I added the new fish I think I was feeding to much is why I got this last algae mess.  

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Looks like the algae is cutting back some, that's good! When was the last time you changed out the GFO in the back? When you change the water out in the back chambers, are you able to siphon out all the detritus in those back compartments?

• Like 1