Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Done

HIppieRose

On 4/16/2017 at 1:31 PM, HIppieRose said:

Think I need more corals....

SO pretty!!!

The Xenia wants dirtier water, methinks. 

I moved the zinia to a vase under a lamp with a bubble stone.  Just going to top off and see if it gets better. If I left it where it was it was going to be dead,

Thank you. I love mushrooms and really want some more.  The yellow goby is my favorite fish in the tank.  Not saying much since I only have three fish. lol Wish I could have more of those gobies so full of personality.  He loves to watch me. I should give him a name.

• Like 3

Time for clean up crew. But this seems like a lot to add at once.

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/quick-crew-29-gallon

This one seems better.

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/quick-crew-15-gallon

I dont have a lot of algae yet but I do see it starting and want to get ahead of it.

I already have four red leg hermit crabs and two Trochus Snails.

Also I do not have a lid.  So far that has not been a problem but would all my snails run away?

So glad we have generators.  Power well be out till tomorrow morning.  I can run the saltwater tank, refrigerator, computer, internet, one light and a fan on the one we have. Its nice and big.

We have two generators so may run the window ac on the little one.  Just depends on how hot it gets today.

• Like 1
HIppieRose

My largest peppermint shrimp (Jack) shed his skin.  It was floating around the tank.  lol I saw the little one (Jill) eating a pest.  They are doing a great job.

HIppieRose

My new clove coral is all closed up. I did a 7 gallon water change yesterday. It is still not happy.  Also this morning my yellow clown goby was dead.  It was fine last night and dead this morning.  Guess he didn't like the water change.  Going to test my water shortly. May need another water change. Hubby wont like that.

HIppieRose

I feed three days a week.  He did eat last Friday.  I think it was the snail deaths.  I had four of my new snails fall over and die.  The nitrates are now 10 but I didn't test before water change.

• 2 weeks later...
HIppieRose

New corals on the way.

Did a black out and the rock is almost all white again. grrrr didn't want that.  

Removed the large leather tree there is the some left but it well be awhile before it comes back.  

Moved all the rock and did a water change after the black out.  Looks kind of bad right now.  But I am sure it well be fine in a few days.

37 minutes ago, HIppieRose said:

New corals on the way.

Did a black out and the rock is almost all white again. grrrr didn't want that.  

Removed the large leather tree there is the some left but it well be awhile before it comes back.  

Moved all the rock and did a water change after the black out.  Looks kind of bad right now.  But I am sure it well be fine in a few days.

Why didn't you want white rock and why did you remove the finger leather?