inTank Media Baskets

IM Nuvo 10 (First SW Tank)

SarlinDescent

SarlinDescent

So I have been doing planted tanks for 6 months or so and fell in love. I want to do a SW tank now and opted fo the IM 10. I plan to get an IM 50 a bit later (need to figure out if I can reup the lease in April).

Tank is intended to have 1-3 Flaming prawn gobies in the long term, and possibly a pair of clowns short term, if I find the exact ones I want for the 50. If/when I build the 50 and move the clowns, they will most likely be replaced with a firefish so that I have something midtank.

For corals, I want an island with GSP. I would like some frogspawn, hammers, duncans, zoas, and I am not quite sure what else.

This is what I came up with thus far. Note: the front 2 rocks are Islands.

IMAG0575.jpg

For anyone interested in the planted tanks, I have the same username on TPT.

Would appreciate any thoughts, comments, critics.

Thanks

Yay! I am a little biased towards IM tanks ;) hehe. Hope to see you stick around. Make sure you are patient, this is not as forgiving as freshwater if you rush.

SarlinDescent

Welcome turn around while you still can lol I can me from planted tanks and haven't went back, super addicting on the dark side g/l

Haha. I still enjoy my planted tanks thoroughly, especially now that I stopped cheaping out and set up what I really wanted. Have quite a few rare plants.

For now, all I have is the tank, rock, sand, a cobalt heater, and a wp10. I am hoping for black friday, I can find an AI prime, media basket, apex, ato, and skimmer on sale. That would set this up nicely. I have a refractometer as well and test kits for fw.

Haha. I still enjoy my planted tanks thoroughly, especially now that I stopped cheaping out and set up what I really wanted. Have quite a few rare plants.

For now, all I have is the tank, rock, sand, a cobalt heater, and a wp10. I am hoping for black friday, I can find an AI prime, media basket, apex, ato, and skimmer on sale. That would set this up nicely. I have a refractometer as well and test kits for fw.

I loved mine I had a few crs tanks also bit got hooked on this and my wallet started to have holes lol

Just take your time and read read read

righttirefire

The inTank media basket is awesome, I have the earlier model of this, the IM 8, I also upgraded my pump to a cobalt mj900, I had on going success with the tunze nano ato, and I'm patiently waiting for my nanobox tide, but currently running the factory 14k IM light... it's not a terrible light in my opinion.

My IM 8 was lightless for 2 days before I got it and I reinstalled the Skkye 14k light. This is week 2 or 3, the monti and birdsnest are still colorful and not browning out. The rock flower went for a walk yesterday but is moving back, I think the spin stream/flow bothered it.

Hope ant of that helped, link to my 8 below

SarlinDescent

The inTank media basket is awesome, I have the earlier model of this, the IM 8, I also upgraded my pump to a cobalt mj900, I had on going success with the tunze nano ato, and I'm patiently waiting for my nanobox tide, but currently running the factory 14k IM light... it's not a terrible light in my opinion.

I was looking at these. Are the inTank ones better than the IM baskets? They are about twice the price.

• 2 weeks later...
SarlinDescent

Sorry for the delay, I have been dealing with some family things. I changed the scape up and bit and was wondering what you all thought. With the old scape, I could not get my sand to stay in place. This seems to be working well

e3a1423e-c41b-46b1-9b5a-26a58b554899.jpg

Archived