ReefCleaners.org

Gooburz Deep Blue 80 Breeder Build! 27 Nov, lots of PICS!

Gooburz

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is coming along great! :) Any plans on any wrasses?

Thanks man, so the skimmer is totally broken in now and pulling amazing skim out, stinks so bad when I clean it but that's a huge plus. Just added a thing of Chaeto about a week ago and it's already growing like crazy. Got my Tunze 3155 ATO installed and that was crazy easy, can't believe how much water this tank evaporates but that ATO keeps the level perfect.

So I really want to get another wrasse, I had a 6 line awhile ago and I love him/her so I'm looking to get another 1 or 2 wrasses for the tank, not sure what kind though. My Ryal Gramma has been MIA for over a week now, it didn't carpet surf and it's not in the sump and hasen't come out for feedings so I'm guessing it died and the CUC got it at this point.

Suggestions for a Wrasse for the tank?

More pics to come tomorrow/Thurs, was bussy past cuple weeks.

Ok so finally some pics! So the tank has been running great, the Chaeto I picked up has already doubled in size and then some, got another ball of it from the LFS just because so I took it. As you can see below the FTS with the sump, it's so basic I love it! I've found in 3 years the simpler I keep things the better and smoother things go!

20151216_170940.jpg

I love my clam and that it is looking great, it was a Black Friday deal that I got for a steal. Can't say enough good things about Aquariums Unlimited here in Virginia Beach but they are awesome and owner is super nice/cool.

20151219_131740.jpg

So the other day when I got my Fariy Wrasse (spelling) I told myself "Don't get any coral!" and of course I couldn't resist a beautiful colony of beautiful blue Acro for $40! Pic doesn't do it justice, the blue in it is unreal. I plan on fragging it in the future and selling/trading it.

20151219_131732.jpg

And the new fish, the Wrasse, so very active and great personality and eats like a pig! So fast moving, hard to get a good shot of it.

20151219_132348.jpg

Last but not least, It's break time!!!! Waiting for Marine Depot to get back to me about the Bubble Magus Curve 7. I really wanted to like this skimmer but it's just not performing the way I'd like or hoped. Going to return it and go with a Aquamaxx Q-2 I think (Thoughts???)

received_10153685260196224.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks man, so the skimmer is totally broken in now and pulling amazing skim out, stinks so bad when I clean it but that's a huge plus. Just added a thing of Chaeto about a week ago and it's already growing like crazy. Got my Tunze 3155 ATO installed and that was crazy easy, can't believe how much water this tank evaporates but that ATO keeps the level perfect.

So I really want to get another wrasse, I had a 6 line awhile ago and I love him/her so I'm looking to get another 1 or 2 wrasses for the tank, not sure what kind though. My Ryal Gramma has been MIA for over a week now, it didn't carpet surf and it's not in the sump and hasen't come out for feedings so I'm guessing it died and the CUC got it at this point.

Suggestions for a Wrasse for the tank?

More pics to come tomorrow/Thurs, was bussy past cuple weeks.

Wrasses can be great, they can also be little jerks too if you pick wrong. Six lines can be absolute terrors long-term, not an ideal fish most of the time. Perhaps a Paracheilinus mccoskeri and a Cirrhilabrus solorensis as your two wrasse additions? Both should be peaceful and not extremely expensive. If you have a bigger budget I have some better looking wrasses in mind but on a "normal" budget these are nice at a good price and would go great in your system.

• 4 weeks later...

Wrasses can be great, they can also be little jerks too if you pick wrong. Six lines can be absolute terrors long-term, not an ideal fish most of the time. Perhaps a Paracheilinus mccoskeri and a Cirrhilabrus solorensis as your two wrasse additions? Both should be peaceful and not extremely expensive. If you have a bigger budget I have some better looking wrasses in mind but on a "normal" budget these are nice at a good price and would go great in your system.

Sorry for the late reply, the Wrasse I added has been awesome. Extremely active and doesn't bother anyone or anything in the tank, Pods have exploded in my sump/fuge and I see him pick them off as they just pour into the tank and he seems to keep busy hunting them or like to show off when we come up to the tank.

I'd love to add another fish but I think I'm at my max for now with my pair of clowns, Chalk Bass, 4 cardinal school, Starry blenny.....Doesn't seem like a lot though for that size tank.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

I'd love to add another fish but I think I'm at my max for now with my pair of clowns, Chalk Bass, 4 cardinal school, Starry blenny.....Doesn't seem like a lot though for that size tank.

You're nowhere near your max in this tank lol. You're only limited by your filtration, and you've got a long way to go there. With that few fish you'd never see them all at the same time and the tank will look empty lol

• Like 1

You're nowhere near your max in this tank lol. You're only limited by your filtration, and you've got a long way to go there. With that few fish you'd never see them all at the same time and the tank will look empty lol

Suggestions for stocking? I was thinking along the lines of some kind of Tang but not sure which. I really wanted a Flame Angel but I don't to risk my clam.

Really want this tank how did you get your lfs to orde it

I actually contacted Deep Blue and asked for local vendors that could order it and then went with the place that had the best price. I got mine for $300 I think..... Give or take like $20

I'm in love with this tank and have gotten a lot of advice from people here on the build and plumbing, if you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or PM me. It's actually a lot easier to take care of than my NON-sump 40 Breeder.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just added some shrooms, saw them and had to have them. Must be at least 20 of them on this rock and they are such a beautiful bright green. LFS owner is awesome as always and I got the whole rock for $50, could not pass that up especially with the price of mushroom coral lately.

Mushrooms.jpg

• Like 7

Gosh I missed the start of this tank omgomgomg

Welcome home!!

Thanks Metrokat, feels great to be home! I still have a LOT of room to grow with this tank but I'm taking it slow adding things here and there. I think my next purchase will be some kind of tang or med/large fish. Need something peaceful that won't kill my other fish or corals/clam.

• Like 3

Just got my FL fighting Conch today! He'll be a beefy addition to my already beefy clean up crew! So here is a pic of him and a couple FTS, enjoy!

I swear it's not that blue it's just the camera, I'll have to take a couple more shots later today with only the whites on.

20160211_135341.jpg

20160210_135631.jpg

20160210_135621.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Had the itch to go to the LFS this weekend and so glad I did. Got myself a beautiful Yellow Eye Kole Tang! Pics to come soon of him, he/she is so skittish so I'm sure after a week or so he'll/she'll come out more and relax a bit.

• Like 1
pewpewkittah

I love this tank, especially the dimensions. :wub: You've done a great job with aquascaping and overall placement of corals.

Following for future updates :happy:

• Like 1

I love this tank, especially the dimensions. :wub: You've done a great job with aquascaping and overall placement of corals.

Following for future updates :happy:

Thanks man, it's been 3 years in the making from my 20L to my 40B and now my final upgrade my Deep Blue 80 Breeder.

Hopefully I can get a video up this weekend of feeding them and my new Kole Tang

So this morning I wake up and my Wrasse has not only jumped out of my tank but wound up over 10 feet away from it, sad that he is gone and man he must have done some serious flopping around to make it over 10 feet from the tank. So after that happened I finally go off my lazy butt and built a screen top for the tank. Sucks to loose that little guy because he was everywhere in that tank.

Well that means I'm off to the LFS to find some type of replacement :( But on the plus side my Yellow Eye Kole Tang has been munchin down hardcore on the seaweed I put in the tank for him.

20160322_140326.jpg

These are so easy to make too, cost like $20 and got all the parts from Home Depot. Used my Dremel to cut a few things down to size and presto screen top in about 30 min.

Oh I almost forgot, my ship is in dry dock so here is a pic of me standing underneath my ship :)

20160201_092706.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since an update on the tank, see the pics below.

Added another Dersa clam, nothing super pretty but I got it for a steal and like it.

12524230_10153960953281224_4141292861234

Chaeto started out the size of my fist and now it's bigger than my head and then some (and my wife says I have a big ass head haha)

12923315_10153960953971224_1441895328753

The sump overall, light isn't on right now but I keep it really simple. Skimmer, live rock/chaeto, carbon.

12923324_10153960954051224_1495365609580

Last but not least the newest addition to the tank with the clam is my purple fire fish/dartfish. Wife has always liked them so I couldn't pass it up.

12932940_10153960953926224_4879595509862

Almost forgot some FTS without the blue/red/ultraviolet/purple lights on, just pure white lights so you have a better idea how the tank looks with my crappy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Camera.

22587_10153961302211224_1120431424602560

12936749_10153961302126224_4341122045953

12670542_10153961301991224_5144645601616

Hope you all enjoy and like, please comment for suggestions or ideas to improve!!!

• Like 1