inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Sold my banggai cardinal to make room for next fish =).  This guy got big FAST.  Eats so much.  If anything is looking for a fish trap, this one here is pretty awesome.  So far it has successfully caught a neon dottyback and a banggai.  My yellow tang and blue tang are not afraid to go into it either. Got it from Marine Depot.  

33058153116_4767e01a9a_c.jpg

2 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

You frag me sum sunny d's yet :)

i am lazy =P

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Sold my banggai cardinal to make room for next fish =).  This guy got big FAST.  Eats so much.  If anything is looking for a fish trap, this one here is pretty awesome.  So far it has successfully caught a neon dottyback and a banggai.  My yellow tang and blue tang are not afraid to go into it either. Got it from Marine Depot.  

i am lazy =P

Nice same trap I have too, works great! Lazy haha I hear ya, maybe by next weekend ;)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

i am lazy =P

Making room for that copperband?

• Like 1

This tank is such a beautiful tank. It's exactly what I'm looking more. I want lots of swimming around fish with SPS in the background. I have no idea what tank to get for my dream, but your tank is making Red Sea look pretty sweet.

By my dream tank, I am referring to something that is far off because my current tank is a Biocube 29 not even a year old yet and I'm still very much a beginner to the hobby. I want to plan my new tank out completely before I even get started.

Thank you for the inspiration!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Making room for that copperband?

I am always on the look out for a healthy one from a LFS I can trust.

3 minutes ago, xAyanex said:

This tank is such a beautiful tank. It's exactly what I'm looking more. I want lots of swimming around fish with SPS in the background. I have no idea what tank to get for my dream, but your tank is making Red Sea look pretty sweet.

By my dream tank, I am referring to something that is far off because my current tank is a Biocube 29 not even a year old yet and I'm still very much a beginner to the hobby. I want to plan my new tank out completely before I even get started.

Thank you for the inspiration!

After multiple nanos, I decided to go big so I can have more fish.  I have to admit that long regular tank is usually not my style but I am IN LOVE with this Red Sea Reefer.  If I can do over, I will get their new Peninsula style tank.  Now that is my dream tank.  Thank you so much for saying this tank inspired you!  If you need more inspiration, definitely check out the tank below.  It was my inspiration:

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I am always on the look out for a healthy one from a LFS I can trust.

After multiple nanos, I decided to go big so I can have more fish.  I have to admit that long regular tank is usually not my style but I am IN LOVE with this Red Sea Reefer.  If I can do over, I will get their new Peninsula style tank.  Now that is my dream tank.  Thank you so much for saying this tank inspired you!  If you need more inspiration, definitely check out the tank below.  It was my inspiration:

I will watch this when I get home. I will read your entire thread (which is kinda long!!) over the next couple days so don't be surprised if you get like random likes on some older posts haha. And I will look into the Peninsula style tank!

• Like 1

Found more baby trochus snails in the sump.  SOOOOOOOOO cute.

13 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

Nice same trap I have too, works great! Lazy haha I hear ya, maybe by next weekend ;)

Tried fragging those sunny Ds this morning.  Mission Impossible.  They are very much stuck to the frag disc.  They are trying to spread to the sand though so I put a few piece of rubles next to them.  Maybe they will jump ship and then I can just tear them off.  Will let you know =P.

• Like 4

How's the consistency of the aquamaxx skimmer been? I feel like my curve 5 works great and then blahhhh. Waiting for a sale at marinedepot or premium then I think I'll snatch it... cough sunny d's ;)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

How's the consistency of the aquamaxx skimmer been? I feel like my curve 5 works great and then blahhhh. Waiting for a sale at marinedepot or premium then I think I'll snatch it... cough sunny d's ;)

already posted about sunny Ds earlier =P.  The Aquamaxx been overflowing lately, probably because I haven't cleaned it in a year...

16 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

A year:blink: lol

I clean the skimmer cup weekly =P.  But I haven't cleaned the skimmer body or pump in a year...

4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Good to know that bangaii is a fast grower. I was considering one for my IM10. I wish there were more fish stores in the south suburbs :(

Are you really far from Reefwise?  They are the best for fish in Chicagoland.  

58 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Are you really far from Reefwise?  They are the best for fish in Chicagoland.  

45 min drive south. I used to go there a lot, but haven't been in probably over a year. I think that's when they first started their fish sections going, as they never seemed to have great fish, and very few for nano tanks. I assume they're nice and stocked up now?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

45 min drive south. I used to go there a lot, but haven't been in probably over a year. I think that's when they first started their fish sections going, as they never seemed to have great fish, and very few for nano tanks. I assume they're nice and stocked up now?

Ohhhhh they are stocked up!!! 

• Like 2