Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

What do the other rocks look like? I think you have more room for complexity. With base rock you can add the fish right away since the rocks won't add nutrients.

I'm thinking you could lengthen that arch and raise it by 3 inches. Shape it into a concave shape. Furthermore you can add a little height to the right side or turn it diagonally so it adds a bit of depth. Right now the scape has more potential but it looks a bit 2 dimensional. The negative space is a little too much in this tank. Aim for around 40/60 hard scape to space ratio. If you have the rock! I would go experiment!

Thanks for the feedback! The other rocks are pretty big so I will take a hammer to one of them and see what comes out...haha.

Awesome start Ninja! Looks like we have the legs for the AP700 here in Canada. Worth checking it out (itll be way cheaper buying in American) http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Kessil-Canopy-Mount-for-AP700-LED-Aquarium-Light.html

page doesn't load...probably because it's for canada only. but is that for the canopy mount? or for the rimless tank mount?

Mikeymikemike

Thanks for the feedback! The other rocks are pretty big so I will take a hammer to one of them and see what comes out...haha.

It's always good to have extra rock

I think the insides will be pure white so you may want to use them as the supporting rocks at the bottom. If you smash them then just hide the exposed sides ;)

• Like 1

Honestly, I have all my fish in the tank without a light im in your shoes waiting for the mount to be released :(

hahaha. a few people have comments on their facebook about the mount's release date but they are giving us the silent treatment...sigh.

hahaha. a few people have comments on their facebook about the mount's release date but they are giving us the silent treatment...sigh.

That sucks dude !! I'm waiting patiently because I saw the light in person and the features are amazing !!

page doesn't load...probably because it's for canada only. but is that for the canopy mount? or for the rimless tank mount?

It says canopy, sits on the glass.

• Like 1

My speed wave DC pump is quiet. I've had it for years without any problem. Reall the other stand alone pumps would be sicce, tunze etc. the sicce pumps do get spendy. I believe someone on here was selling a 3.0 and mane bigger too.

• Like 1

i didnt realize those coupons counted for MAP items.....

Maybe thats how my girlfriend will get her red sea nano!

crap, you are right. I didnt see MAP restriction till I add to cart. Tricky. But I bought mine from BRS with 10% rewards so if you looking for the nano, get it from BRS during their group buy =).

FYI, Red Sea is not a MAP pricing company, they are just MSRP. In fact, most of the larger websites are charging, on average, $100 above MSRP on most of the red sea reefers, but they can be found for less money than BRS and MarineDepot.

• Like 1

FYI, Red Sea is not a MAP pricing company, they are just MSRP. In fact, most of the larger websites are charging, on average, $100 above MSRP on most of the red sea reefers, but they can be found for less money than BRS and MarineDepot.

I actually have the cost Red Sea charges BRS on the invoice =P. BRS makes a few hundreds off the tank...

• Like 1

Yeah, 3-4 is all good. I can't wait to see how all your corals do under the kessil. I'm getting a quad, why didn't you stick with nanobox.

mostly because i wanted one fixture and the normal quad can't cover 48". I will have to get two duos.

• Like 1