SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Finally took some pics today.  No FTS as the tank is filthy and frags everywhere.  Sigh.  Why am I buying more corals when I have no room...freaking addiction.

Rainbow acans.  Be in the tank for a month almost and color still good.  So finally taking a picture.  $25 for the frag with like 5 heads...muahahah.  The LFS had it under crappy lights so it wasn't as nice looking.  

36613953670_0b104e3e54_z.jpg

Some frogspawn love.  Every tank needs a frogspawn.  May have to give this one away though.  It has like 15 heads now and getting too big.

36822692216_6dbfac8beb_z.jpg

Green wall hammer still doing good.

36613944540_4d756a5969_z.jpg

Ricordea garden

36613932370_269be96584_z.jpg

Miyagi tort dull with low alk.  Hoping it will color back up soon.

36202644763_b63c964909_z.jpg

Green highlighter does not care about low alk.  So fuzzy!

36613937750_c45c654574_z.jpg

• Like 14
  • Wow 4
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Finally took some pics today.  No FTS as the tank is filthy and frags everywhere.  Sigh.  Why am I buying more corals when I have no room...freaking addiction.

Rainbow acans.  Be in the tank for a month almost and color still good.  So finally taking a picture.  $25 for the frag with like 5 heads...muahahah.  The LFS had it under crappy lights so it wasn't as nice looking.  

Some frogspawn love.  Every tank needs a frogspawn.  May have to give this one away though.  It has like 15 heads now and getting too big.

Ricordea garden

Stuff looks beautiful!  I love my little purple frogspawn. :wub:

• Like 1

Looks great! Frag off a few heads of the frogspawn and sell the rest. Start growing it again. 

I picked up a frogspawn, octospawn, and two different torch frags at the WWC booth last weekend at MACNA. :)

15 minutes ago, Travis said:

Looks great! Frag off a few heads of the frogspawn and sell the rest. Start growing it again. 

I picked up a frogspawn, octospawn, and two different torch frags at the WWC booth last weekend at MACNA. :)

dont have the equipment / tools to frag a frogspawn =(

22 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

dont have the equipment / tools to frag a frogspawn =(

You could see if the LFS would do it for you.  Gena did that with her fox coral.

• Like 2

A-mazing mate, the pics are awesome. I know what you mean about having frags everywhere. I went past my favourite SPS LFS yesterday, I was in the area. I haven't been in ages as they have torn down their SPS stock tanks and are rebuilding them. Turns out that late last week a local reefer came through and dumped a heap of cuttings on them and they had no where to put them. I picked up 5 new frags for $15, now my frag racks are full (including my sump) and my sand is packed with a heap of zoas I need to try and get rid of.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, RollaJase said:

A-mazing mate, the pics are awesome. I know what you mean about having frags everywhere. I went past my favourite SPS LFS yesterday, I was in the area. I haven't been in ages as they have torn down their SPS stock tanks and are rebuilding them. Turns out that late last week a local reefer came through and dumped a heap of cuttings on them and they had no where to put them. I picked up 5 new frags for $15, now my frag racks are full (including my sump) and my sand is packed with a heap of zoas I need to try and get rid of.

5 frags for $15???  woah, that's $3 per frag.  Crazy price.  I just paid $25 for a frag of blastos.  Totally regret it afterwards...hahahah

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Ricordea garden

Love the rainbow acans.  Which store did you go to??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

5 frags for $15???  woah, that's $3 per frag.  Crazy price.  I just paid $25 for a frag of blastos.  Totally regret it afterwards...hahahah

Haha, yup. Got a piece of green digi, toxic green plating monti, this green acro with purple polyps, a birdsnest of some kind and what is supposed to be rainbow encrusting monti. All for $15! Some are in bad shape so if only 2 survive I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, RollaJase said:

Haha, yup. Got a piece of green digi, toxic green plating monti, this green acro with purple polyps, a birdsnest of some kind and what is supposed to be rainbow encrusting monti. All for $15! Some are in bad shape so if only 2 survive I'll be happy.

my new blasto frag not doing so well...blah.  no more buying stuff for the tanks!  (i say that after i spent $150 today for new RODI filters and membranes, more Aquaforest stuff I probably don't need, seaweed sheets for my tangs even though LRS has seaweed in it, and I forgot what else...sigh)

5 hours ago, cju84 said:

Love the rainbow acans.  Which store did you go to??

From Xzotic.  They had buy 1 get 1 free frags sale a few weeks ago.

• Like 3
On 9/3/2017 at 7:48 PM, ninjamyst said:

Ricordea garden

Just when I thought my acans are coloring up "nicely", these are a whole nother level, even the non-rainbow one with the gold rimmed :o.  Guess it's time to ditch a couple duller frags I have, and keep a look out for better colors.

This is by far the best Ric garden on N-R.  I especially like the one with deep blue/purple center!  Do you shop from various vendors (online and LFS), for random colors like that? I tried saltcritters a few months back, turned up with a bunch of very similar one, even though they look fairly different on their website :unsure:. I think you should send me some ric frags for safe keeping :D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Just when I thought my acans are coloring up "nicely", these are a whole nother level, even the non-rainbow one with the gold rimmed :o.  Guess it's time to ditch a couple duller frags I have, and keep a look out for better colors.

This is by far the best Ric garden on N-R.  I especially like the one with deep blue/purple center!  Do you shop from various vendors (online and LFS), for random colors like that? I tried saltcritters a few months back, turned up with a bunch of very similar one, even though they look fairly different on their website :unsure:. I think you should send me some ric frags for safe keeping :D.

I have acans in my nano tank that has really dull colors so I just moved them to this tank this weekend.  WIll see if their color improves.  Acans color can change a lot depending on the tank so don't give up on them yet.  For the rics, I have gotten them from many different sources.  Rics can look different depending on their origin.  I believe the Florida ones have bigger bubbles.  Those are the ones in the middle of my picture.  The puerto rican ones have small bubbles but they often come in "rainbow" colors, like the one to the left of the acan.  I like the Florida ones more but haven't seen them as much in stores.  Most places have the puerto rican ones.  I think Legendary Corals got a nice shipment of Florida ones in a couple of weeks ago but they charge an arm and five legs for one compared to other places.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Things are looking great like always! You got a heck of a deal on those rainbow acans, they are absolutely beautiful.

I still think your ric garden is the best. I lost all my rics to whatever that weird ghost disease was that turned them all white/clear before they died. I guess I should get just one and put it on the old ric rock just to see if it survives, but like you said, it's hard to get florida rics without paying a lot for them. About the only place that seems to get them regularly at a reasonable price is KPA.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't been that active lately because going through full blown mid life crisis.  3 months ago, I quit my job of 12 years to have a change of pace.  Took a 50% pay cut.  2 days ago, quit my new job even though the job itself is good but something is missing.  Going to take a couple of months off and do some traveling and soul searching.  Typical millenial syndrome =P. 

Anyone done solo traveling before?  Any recommendations for cheap places to go?  I will be doing a solo drive from San Francisco to LA on highway 1 in a couple of weeks.  Looking for some international travel for November.  

Also considering selling my nano tank to raise some money since who knows how long I will be unemployed.  But if I sell it now for cheap only to buy another one a year later, it kind of defeats the point? 

#adultingishard

On 9/25/2017 at 8:49 AM, DaveFason said:

INSANE. Looking great Jacky. Also package intercepted. You should see it Thursday! 

-Dave

still no package =(

• Like 1
Just now, ninjamyst said:

#adultingishard

I hear you. I quit my job with no backup plan 3 weeks ago. They offered me to work from home part time, so I'm doing that as of Monday, cause #newhousescostmoney

I wish you the best!! Good luck on your adventure! 

• Like 1