ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

When you change media in FR-S, do you have to unplug the reactor and take it out?

No, the pump attaches at the bottom using friction fit, so I just pull it up enough to get to the pump and pull it off. So the maintenance is really easy. But it's not very tall so there's not a lot of room for tumbling like in the IM desktop reactor. That's why you need thicker filter sponges.

So I just found this in my attic:

32404986286_895d6608ae_b.jpg20170121_144341.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I'm thinking about using it, but unscrewing all those thumbscrews for replacing media would be a pain in the butt. Plus you can't adjust the plates to prevent tumbling, so putting gfo and carbon together would not work well.

Well, luckily it wouldn't have applied anyway, as Maxspect is MAP, so if you had gotten it six minutes earlier you probably would have been like wtf I got this now I can't use it?? :D

So true :lol:

• Like 1

Well, luckily it wouldn't have applied anyway, as Maxspect is MAP, so if you had gotten it six minutes earlier you probably would have been like wtf I got this now I can't use it?? :D

sweet, now i dont feel so bad...hahahah.

wait, nm. i had Aquaforest stuff with my order. could have gotten $5 off for those. FML

• Like 1

Holy alk batman, I messaged sawdonkey, his miyagi took a hit :( but will see if he can get me some of that and jf bonsai and pc rainbow

PC Rainbow took a LONG time to color up for me. He warned me about that too. May want to wait on the PC Rainbow =P. He just sold a big pack on ChicagoReefs so may be a while till he frags some more.

My PC rainbow from SawDonkey in September is slowly starting to color up a bit, not a lot. That said I had a crash in October and it was one of the pieces I got from him that I was able to save. The Miyagi was another one I saved.

• Like 1

How'd you acclimate the clam? I normally only acclimate fish. Got one coming in from cultivatedreef ;)

omgomgomg ask Holly =P. I think I just drip acclimated it for 15 mins and put it into the tank. Make sure you rotate it 360 degrees a couple times to let air bubble escape. Do you have a place picked out for it?? Harry sent me a clam hammock that's like the best thing ever.

• Like 1

Yea Holly emailed me pics of the 4 they had, I ordered a clam hammock ;) after seeing the one you used from harry, Amazon prime to the rescue. No place picked out yet, maybe where the katapora is not sure yet.

• Like 2

Almost bought a gold desera clam today, but read they grow fast. I am running out of room in my tank. It looks cluttered just like my old nano tank. Sigh.

Also, I bought a new Gyre XF230 controller to create more random flow in the tank. Sadly, the new controller makes the Gyre pump super loud. I have no idea why that is even possible. I set it to same constant speed as the old controller, and the pump still makes a loud humming noise. SAME PUMP. Different controller. How is that possible?!?!?!?

• Like 3

That sucks about the gyre :(

Funny you said you are running out of room. A local reefer just posted about how he just got a 200g tank last year and he's already out of room, and that it never ends :lol:

• Like 2

Almost bought a gold desera clam today, but read they grow fast. I am running out of room in my tank. It looks cluttered just like my old nano tank. Sigh.

Also, I bought a new Gyre XF230 controller to create more random flow in the tank. Sadly, the new controller makes the Gyre pump super loud. I have no idea why that is even possible. I set it to same constant speed as the old controller, and the pump still makes a loud humming noise. SAME PUMP. Different controller. How is that possible?!?!?!?

Last time I had that issue I switched up the cages after cleaning it.. I only hear it now on a pulse at 60% Quiet drive made the vortech pumps less noisy with just a new controller why can't maxspect do it. :D

• Like 1

Florida frag swap is this next weekend and will be looking closely at the clams. I think it is time~

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Florida frag swap is this next weekend and will be looking closely at the clams. I think it is time~

I love my clam. His name is Eric "Clam-ton". :lol:

• Like 2

Last time I had that issue I switched up the cages after cleaning it.. I only hear it now on a pulse at 60% Quiet drive made the vortech pumps less noisy with just a new controller why can't maxspect do it. :D

i should try that but i just dont understand how a controller itself affect the noise produced by a pump...I would think pump noise is 100% caused by mechanics of the pump and not the electronics of a controller....

Nice! What color are you looking for? What type? Maxima or crocea or desera or whatever is pretty and catches your eyes??? hahhah

I love my clam. His name is Eric "Clam-ton". :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That sucks about the gyre :(

Funny you said you are running out of room. A local reefer just posted about how he just got a 200g tank last year and he's already out of room, and that it never ends :lol:

now you know to get something bigger than 200g next time you upgrade =P

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

i should try that but i just dont understand how a controller itself affect the noise produced by a pump...I would think pump noise is 100% caused by mechanics of the pump and not the electronics of a controller....

Nice! What color are you looking for? What type? Maxima or crocea or desera or whatever is pretty and catches your eyes??? hahhah

:lol::lol::lol:

now you know to get something bigger than 200g next time you upgrade =P

My sister had suggested "Pearl Clam" (instead of Pearl Jam). We were at a restaurant and I snorted so loud everyone turned and looked at me!

• Like 1

So Red Sea announced their Peninsula tanks today...

Looking around my house to find a spot for it....

Omg did they? where did you see it. I've been waiting for it....

• Like 2