Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

I put them on my frag rack because the wrasses kept burying them.  I expect them to sit there and not do much but at least the colors are still good.  

My biggest complaint about those kinds of wrasses..they accidentally bury corals :).

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gena said:

My biggest complaint about those kinds of wrasses..they accidentally bury corals :).

"Accidentally" :ninja:

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, gena said:

28 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

"Accidentally" :ninja:

I guess the silver lining is that it forces me to not make my tank into frag city on the sandbed =P.  My RFAs get covered in sand constantly though...

• Like 3
14 hours ago, flobees said:

you have an amazing tank! Can you list what you dose ? Thanks

Thank you!  I currently dose Aquaforest Vitality and Build along with Seachem Fusion 1 and 2.  I plan to switch to Aquaforest Ca, Mg, Kh soon with Component 1, 2, 3.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 9:12 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

Do you get good growth with the AP700? The tank looks great. Happy Fourth to you, too!

Yup, great growth with LPS and softies but it took a while for the SPS to get used to the light.  Even new SPS take a few months to really start encrusting and growing.

well, i did something very stupid.  i am switching over to Aquaforest Balling method and mixing my own Kh Buffer and Ca / Mg solutions along with their component strong A,B,C, and K.  I misread their instruction for dosing Strong K (which is just potassium) and dosed like 5x more than I should have.  Ooooops.  Hopefully nothing tooo bad happens.  

5 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

well, i did something very stupid.  i am switching over to Aquaforest Balling method and mixing my own Kh Buffer and Ca / Mg solutions along with their component strong A,B,C, and K.  I misread their instruction for dosing Strong K (which is just potassium) and dosed like 5x more than I should have.  Ooooops.  Hopefully nothing tooo bad happens.  

Shit, so you tried DIYing component 1-2-3 and added a ton of K?

Are you using the reef-central instructions for DIY component 1-2-3 to make a stock solution?

36 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

Shit, so you tried DIYing component 1-2-3 and added a ton of K?

Are you using the reef-central instructions for DIY component 1-2-3 to make a stock solution?

I mixed 2L of KH buffer with Strong C and then 2L of Ca / Mg with Strong A and B.  I thought it said to mix Strong K with fresh saltwater but it was suppose to be with their mineral salt...

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Mariaface said:

.....Do it.

Instigator 

On 7/18/2017 at 8:48 PM, ninjamyst said:

After 1.5 years at our new house, finally hang up some art work:

35203970663_2eefe5c5ec_c.jpg

35625281530_c8fdcdf4e7_c.jpg

I love this! Looks perfect, Jacky! 

• Like 3

Tank is looking absolutely amazing mate. Took me while to catch up on this thread but boy was it worth it. That Machu Picchu shot was stunning! Keep up the good work on the tank and the amazing photography B).

• Like 1
On 7/25/2017 at 2:44 AM, RollaJase said:

Tank is looking absolutely amazing mate. Took me while to catch up on this thread but boy was it worth it. That Machu Picchu shot was stunning! Keep up the good work on the tank and the amazing photography B).

Thanks!  Machu Picchu was nice but avoid the rainforest!!

11 hours ago, Sk8n Reefer said:

Looking great man, love aquascaping with it condensed on one side and that room looks awesome- digging the couch ?

Thanks!  My wife loves the couch.  I come home everyday to find her napping on it...hahah

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have an old nanobox tide sitting in the closet.  Thinking about putting it over the sump and growing frags down there so I dont have frag racks in the display.  Do people do this kind of setup a lot?  I probably need to add a pump for more flow?  Anything I should be concerned about before doing this?

• Like 2