inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

ReefWeeds
On 5/1/2017 at 7:45 PM, ninjamyst said:

was excited to come home today to see how the ricordea rock is doing, but came home to the foxface lying down on the sandbed :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: .  I love that fish.  It was swimming and eating just fine yesterday.  I wonder if that 4 hour water change / rescaping / digging through sand stressed it out too much.  All other fish are fine.  Sigh.

oh I'm so sorry :(

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
On 5/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, ninjamyst said:

Saltcritters order came in today and I was pretty disappointed.  I use to order from them alot but this will be the last time.  The ricordeas were tiny and they gave me a dull Rhodactis mushroom instead of a ricordea.  The red gonipora with yellow center was tiny, less than an inch.  I didn't know when I placed my order it wasn't WYSIWYG.  It looks nothing like their stock photo.  It's not even that red or yellow.  More like brown with greenish center.  Will stick to Cultivated Reef in the future.  What a waste of money.  

I refuse to order from them any longer.  My last two experiences were absolutely terrible.  The frags had aiptasia and the corals were not great at all.  And not very healthy.  I had picked up a sinularia at one point and it died in shipping (too many heat packs).  Well, I got a livestock credit and used it for a red RFA.  I got the red RFA and it was the size of a pencil eraser and it literally had no color. I sent a photo saying this is unacceptable and Mr. Salty messaged me back saying "oh, it must've shrunk in shipping because it was 3" across when we packaged it" which was absolute BS - the bag itself was tiny. No way a 3" RFA could've fit in there.  The nem died the day after I got it.  Messaged back and he said "sorry about that".  I asked about a credit and he said we don't issue credits for replacement livestock.  Well, that sucks.  Now I get why I got an almost dead RFA :(

Haven't ordered since.  Almost did with one of the sales, their site was down and I thought "what was I thinking??" it was a sign. 

• Like 3
teenyreef
28 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I refuse to order from them any longer.  My last two experiences were absolutely terrible.  The frags had aiptasia and the corals were not great at all.  And not very healthy.  I had picked up a sinularia at one point and it died in shipping (too many heat packs).  Well, I got a livestock credit and used it for a red RFA.  I got the red RFA and it was the size of a pencil eraser and it literally had no color. I sent a photo saying this is unacceptable and Mr. Salty messaged me back saying "oh, it must've shrunk in shipping because it was 3" across when we packaged it" which was absolute BS - the bag itself was tiny. No way a 3" RFA could've fit in there.  The nem died the day after I got it.  Messaged back and he said "sorry about that".  I asked about a credit and he said we don't issue credits for replacement livestock.  Well, that sucks.  Now I get why I got an almost dead RFA :(

Haven't ordered since.  Almost did with one of the sales, their site was down and I thought "what was I thinking??" it was a sign. 

I ordered from them once. It wasn't a "bad" experience, but the quality of the corals wasn't great. For the money I spent between the corals and the shipping, I could have had far better corals from any of several other vendors like ASD, CR, etc.. I'd happily pay $10 more per coral to get something that's ten times better.

Sorry about the Foxface :( I'm guessing your late night silent killer hunt was fruitless?

• Like 3
ninjamyst
3 hours ago, stellablue said:

It was the sale that got me.  45% off.  Why not.  But at the end it's still $100 wasted.  Sigh.  I should have just gotten rics locally at $20 each and pay a little more.

2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I ordered from them once. It wasn't a "bad" experience, but the quality of the corals wasn't great. For the money I spent between the corals and the shipping, I could have had far better corals from any of several other vendors like ASD, CR, etc.. I'd happily pay $10 more per coral to get something that's ten times better.

Sorry about the Foxface :( I'm guessing your late night silent killer hunt was fruitless?

Lesson learned!  I never ordered from AquaSD but heard many good things.  I dont even know why I order online when there's like 10 LFS around me =P.  Pictures online always tempt me...hahah.  Only thing I found so far at night is my emerald crab is still alive and that's probably what's been eating all the bubble algae =).

• Like 3
kimberbee
16 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I dont even know why I order online when there's like 10 LFS around me =P.  Pictures online always tempt me...hahah.  

You don't have to put on real clothes and deal with the world if you shop online... 

• Like 4
ReefWeeds
30 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

You don't have to put on real clothes and deal with the world if you shop online... 

:lol: exactly!!!!

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Yikes, that stinks about Saltcritters.  They used to be a new reefers best friend, just starting out.  Their quality has changed unfortunately.

• Like 1
ninjamyst

Taking some top down pics today.  OceanBoxDesign is making me some awesome frag shelves so I can mount some corals on the overflow.  Can't wait for that to get here so I can take a proper FTS.

Ricordea garden doing well

33711677263_3c6131c70f_z.jpg

This ric is morphing some cool colors

34480860566_50a8ae6bcb_z.jpg

RFA garden.  They should be called Sand Flower Anemone instead though...

33711668883_fba8c47255_z.jpg

Hard to get a good pic but this gonipora is looking real good

34391973961_a2528fa4fa_z.jpg

Blastos

34391967881_36fb1624ed_z.jpg

Fuzzy stick

34136433090_d61aedcfc2_z.jpg

PC Rainbow gaining yellow base

34361293222_b1a51f9605_z.jpg

Growth slowed down lately for the Miyagi Tort and color is a little dull.  Not sure what's going on.

34136425500_94fdcf9c3e_z.jpg

Metallic Green Wall Hammer

34480833126_d80a32b42b_z.jpg

Jack o Lantern a little stressed out from when I took the rock out 2 weeks ago but it will recover

34361286402_650b396c76_z.jpg

Tooooo many frags!  If you are in Chicago, hit me up.  Need to unload them for $5 - $10.  Zoas, birdsnest, and stylo.

34136413300_befe8d76c1_z.jpg

• Like 16
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Taking some top down pics today.  OceanBoxDesign is making me some awesome frag shelves so I can mount some corals on the overflow.  Can't wait for that to get here so I can take a proper FTS.

Ricordea garden doing well

33711677263_3c6131c70f_z.jpg

This ric is morphing some cool colors

34480860566_50a8ae6bcb_z.jpg

RFA garden.  They should be called Sand Flower Anemone instead though...

33711668883_fba8c47255_z.jpg

Hard to get a good pic but this gonipora is looking real good

34391973961_a2528fa4fa_z.jpg

Blastos

34391967881_36fb1624ed_z.jpg

Fuzzy stick

34136433090_d61aedcfc2_z.jpg

PC Rainbow gaining yellow base

34361293222_b1a51f9605_z.jpg

Growth slowed down lately for the Miyagi Tort and color is a little dull.  Not sure what's going on.

34136425500_94fdcf9c3e_z.jpg

Metallic Green Wall Hammer

34480833126_d80a32b42b_z.jpg

Jack o Lantern a little stressed out from when I took the rock out 2 weeks ago but it will recover

34361286402_650b396c76_z.jpg

Tooooo many frags!  If you are in Chicago, hit me up.  Need to unload them for $5 - $10.  Zoas, birdsnest, and stylo.

34136413300_befe8d76c1_z.jpg

Those rics and RFA's! :wub: And your blastos are so fluffy!

• Like 1

Love the pics, especially the acros.

I still have numerous frags from Cultivated Reef, including my Red Robin from one of the recent orders and the red cap, orange digi and green digi from my very first order.  You remind me that I need to order from them again.

• Like 2
ninjamyst
10 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Those rics and RFA's! :wub: And your blastos are so fluffy!

Thank you!  The blastos been with me since the start of this tank.  Love them.  About 30 heads.

3 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Tank is looking really good.  That jack o lantern is a nice color! 

Thanks!  I hope it recovers fast and continue to encrust.

46 minutes ago, markalot said:

Love the pics, especially the acros.

I still have numerous frags from Cultivated Reef, including my Red Robin from one of the recent orders and the red cap, orange digi and green digi from my very first order.  You remind me that I need to order from them again.

They just posted a sale.  I may buy them soon =).  Their King Midas has been growing like crazy.  Started with 5 polyps and now over 30.

11 minutes ago, mpsti05 said:

Save me green fuzzy stick and a bunch of those zoo's

I have a tiny accidental frag of the green fuzzy stick.  Like 1/2 inch but it grows fast.  

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, mpsti05 said:

I need to come get some fragz already! Whatcha get???? Reefwise?

Yea, they had buy 2 coral get 1 free.  Got me strawberry shortcake, pink milli, and some insanely bright LA Laker zoas.  And a fat Leopard Wrasse.  Not a blue star though but nice and fat.  

• Like 1

Forgot to mention I went to LFS cuz I two auctions for some crazy colored "gonipora".  When I picked them up, they told me these aren't normal goniporas that extend out.  They stay as pictured, retracted all the time.  And they encrust.  Weird but very pretty still.  

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Like 5

New FTS with the wrasse right in the center!

34480505052_db1481f286_z.jpg

My zoa garden is filling out nicely!  They are usually all open in the morning but by midday, some of them start to close up.  Blah.  The new LA Lakers are bottom center.

33799685344_fcc8f67819_z.jpg

Ric garden.  The rainbow ones on the bottom right are my favorites!

33832797743_dbc583ff68_z.jpg

Loving the PC Rainbow.  I am afraid it will slowly turn from yellowish to greenish though...

34601518866_7fa124ca61_z.jpg

I dunno the name for this one but it has purple tips and is awesome

34511821351_c43105e889_z.jpg

SPS arch top down.

33799648044_104fb4e8cb_z.jpg

Purple Stylo is growing out of control.  Made two chunky frags last week because it grew long enough to touch the overflow.

34511816171_a5d052e579_z.jpg

Bought another tube anemone.  Not as pinkish, more of a peachy color but much much bigger.

34511811631_f933bbfff3_z.jpg

Also posted a review for two coral shelves OceanBox Design made for me.  Great stuff.  

• Like 14
mitten_reef

WOW :wub: the top down shots are all great looking!, especially the Ric garden!!!!! That's how I want mine to look like - but I only have 5 of them so far :P. The LFS has the solid green, which I'm debating on - it sure looks good mixed among other colors.  oh, and I still need a nice flat rock for them to cling on to.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

21 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

WOW :wub: the top down shots are all great looking!, especially the Ric garden!!!!! That's how I want mine to look like - but I only have 5 of them so far :P. The LFS has the solid green, which I'm debating on - it sure looks good mixed among other colors.  oh, and I still need a nice flat rock for them to cling on to.

most of mine are still on the frag plugs they came on.  they just got so big that they cover it up when expanded.  but they seem to split faster when they have space to grow and attach to.

• Like 2