ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

15 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I like the AP700 a lot now.  A little overpriced IMO with the mounting arms but good if you can get it on sale.  

Would you say it's mostly the updates to the app that made it better or just getting used to it and it's abilities?

Tank looks amazing man. Its crazy we started our tanks around the same time and how much better yours looks than mine. Keep up the good work, clearly you have the magic szechuan sauce! (rick and morty reference anyone?!)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hexadron said:

Would you say it's mostly the updates to the app that made it better or just getting used to it and it's abilities?

The app definitely got better but I like it more now that my SPS is growing =P.  

2 hours ago, dirtrider225 said:

Tank looks amazing man. Its crazy we started our tanks around the same time and how much better yours looks than mine. Keep up the good work, clearly you have the magic szechuan sauce! (rick and morty reference anyone?!)

Sorry to read about your tank decline =(.  I think I got lucky on this tank.  The more I neglect it, the better it gets.  My other nano on the other hand has been a pain in the butt.  I don't even update that thread anymore...hahah

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Dr Foster and Smith has 25% off regular priced items today and tomorrow.  Coupon code is TWODAY25.  Time to stock up on media filters / addictives / etc.  Will not work on MAP items.  I am getting Selcon / Carbon / Filter Pads.  

And in tank news, :tears:.  Two RFAs died for no reason.  Zoas not doing so well.  May take this opportunity to scrape all the RFAs and zoas off of the plate rock and make that huge plate all rics.  

Can't wait to see your Peru pictures. I did a Peru/Brazil trip a couple years back, and it's one of my favorite trips ever! Where did you visit the Amazon?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cnseekatz said:

Can't wait to see your Peru pictures. I did a Peru/Brazil trip a couple years back, and it's one of my favorite trips ever! Where did you visit the Amazon?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40199713@N03/albums/72157678866785084

some pics from my trip.  we went to puerto maldonado for the rainforest portion.  hot, humid, sticky...haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, markalot said:

Any picture updates? :)

Hopefully soon!  Planning to do some major cleaning next week and mount some ricordeas to the right plate rock thingy.  

14 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Sorry for being MIA. How are you Ninja? Tank looks good from the picture on the previous page - nicely filled in. Did you find the killer? Stalk the tank at night?

I banished a very large red serpent starfish to my sump.  It's at least 10 inches across.  Not sure if that's the killer but so far no fish has died since.  Some of my acros lost color but some finally started coloring up so I will let things be.  Really need to check my parameters but sooo lazy lately.  

• Like 1
ninjamyst

Just spent 4 hours gluing ricordeas to the right plate rock.  What a slimy mess.  Also fragged off more zoas.  For some reason, zoas on this rock are skinny and long while zoas elsewhere are doing great.  Oh well.  My two frag rack is completely full of zoas and birdsnest.  

Since I took the plate rock out, I vacuum the sand underneath it and omg it was disgusting.  Water was literally black.  I also found that razor I dropped into the tank a few months ago.  All rusted up.  Glad I took the rock out =P.

And just bought more rics from Saltcritter's Flash Sale.  $9 for orange ric, can't pass it up.  Also got a red goniopora with yellow dot.  

• Like 3
ninjamyst
9 hours ago, metrokat said:

Digis are forgiving, glue it back in place and it will heal over.

It's shaped like a hammer with thin handle and I snapped the handle =(.  I don't even have room to glue it to a new place.  Probably end up selling it.  

2 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

You have fragz :D

hmmm when can I come get some...

This Saturday?   

ninjamyst

was excited to come home today to see how the ricordea rock is doing, but came home to the foxface lying down on the sandbed :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: .  I love that fish.  It was swimming and eating just fine yesterday.  I wonder if that 4 hour water change / rescaping / digging through sand stressed it out too much.  All other fish are fine.  Sigh.

ninjamyst

Saltcritters order came in today and I was pretty disappointed.  I use to order from them alot but this will be the last time.  The ricordeas were tiny and they gave me a dull Rhodactis mushroom instead of a ricordea.  The red gonipora with yellow center was tiny, less than an inch.  I didn't know when I placed my order it wasn't WYSIWYG.  It looks nothing like their stock photo.  It's not even that red or yellow.  More like brown with greenish center.  Will stick to Cultivated Reef in the future.  What a waste of money.  

TJ_Burton

That really sucks... both the loss of the fish and the crappy order.

Do you have photos of what they sent you vs the photo on their site?

ninjamyst
10 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

That really sucks... both the loss of the fish and the crappy order.

Do you have photos of what they sent you vs the photo on their site?

this is their pic.  i keep forgetting they take pics in 100% blues =(.  

red-and-yellow-gonipora-coral.jpg

• Like 1