ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I use the Purigan and matrix in one reactor and phosguuard in another. I use BRS reactors fro those and a TLF for the bio pellets. Sorry to hear about your Anthias.

• Like 1

I tried Larry's Reef Frenzy, Rod's Original Blend, Rod's Fish Eggs, Rod's Mysis, and New Life Spectrum Pellets...They were all eating fine when I got them. No signs of external parasite or damage. Tails and fins are good. I just want to know whether this is a parasite issue or just an issue with them being finnicky. I plan to get Midas or Longnose during Black Friday sales and dont want to introduce it to a tank with issues.

• Like 1

Now two anthias stopped eating. Sigh. I dosed Prazipro last Friday and no improvements. Will do another dose tomorrow.

Probably purigen in a bag although not sure if I need one if I have a skimmer?

My understanding is that they do the same thing. Are you getting a skimmer or is that just a maybe at this point?

Good luck with the Anthias!

Anyone with an Xbox One or use Windows 10 at home to watch movies? Microsoft has 10 cents movie rental if you go rent through their app for selected movies.

Jurassic World, Entourage, Pitch Perfect 2, Spy, Mad Max, Terminator and others. Limited time only.

• Like 2

Anyone with an Xbox One or use Windows 10 at home to watch movies? Microsoft has 10 cents movie rental if you go rent through their app for selected movies.

Jurassic World, Entourage, Pitch Perfect 2, Spy, Mad Max, Terminator and others. Limited time only.

Just tried on my xb1, wasn't able to see it... I saw rentals for 5.99. Something I'm missing?

Just tried on my xb1, wasn't able to see it... I saw rentals for 5.99. Something I'm missing?

hmmm, i rented the movies on my laptop running windows 10 and opening the Store. There's a big banner on the deal. They list new movies every day so rent them when you see them and you have 14 days to watch (24 hours once you start watching)

movies.png

New sofa came in today. Gray with white accent to match the tank =). The dogs already claimed it...sigh

12243469_10153362125598883_3383157001884

That sofa is pointed the wrong way, it should be facing the tank! B) Love the aquascape...

• Like 2

I saw a 350 and 450 set up at my LFS the other weekend, they are cycling the 450 to be an SPS display tank. Seeing one in person really makes you appreciate the quality and the thought that has gone into these systems. My only complaint with them though is that the tank isn't wide enough for me. If the 450 was another 15-20cm wider I would be all over it if I had the room to fit a tank that long. The length and height are spot on, I just felt it looked a tad narrow on the 450. The 350 looked a lot more visually appealing to me in terms of the dimensions.

Any updated pics?

I saw a 350 and 450 set up at my LFS the other weekend, they are cycling the 450 to be an SPS display tank. Seeing one in person really makes you appreciate the quality and the thought that has gone into these systems. My only complaint with them though is that the tank isn't wide enough for me. If the 450 was another 15-20cm wider I would be all over it if I had the room to fit a tank that long. The length and height are spot on, I just felt it looked a tad narrow on the 450. The 350 looked a lot more visually appealing to me in terms of the dimensions.

Any updated pics?

And after I just complained about how narrow I found the 450 it looks like Red Sea are releasing a Reefer XL series with wider dimensions lol.

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/11/24/red-sea-reefer-xl-announced-wider-dimension/

I LOVE this tank. It's whisper quiet, easy to setup, and looks modern / sleek. I agree with you on the narrow width. Hard to create an aquascape with depth. Glad they released the Reefer XL. The 425 looks awesome. I would have went with that if they had it in the beginning.

Been depressing lately watching my anthias wither away. Have some live pods coming in on Friday. Second dose of Prazipro tonight. Two are skinny, one is FAT as hell from all the feeding. I think that one is slowly turning male. It is acting very dominant.

More pics this weekend. I think I may get the light mounts soon =).

Damn! Couldn't make a 250 xl version. That would be a perfect tank then!

250 XL would be pretty awesome but IMO 4 feet length is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your anthias.. They are such beautiful fish, I never looked into them since I never had a large enough tank for em. I had no idea how much food these guys need. Should they really be fed multiple times a day?

That sectional is AWESOME. I am actually a furniture sales person (still in college), we can use something like that in our showroom. We have some similar pieces, but none in a grey like that.

Oh, and of course the tank looks great! It looks super clean. Cant wait to see it with lots of happy corals

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your anthias.. They are such beautiful fish, I never looked into them since I never had a large enough tank for em. I had no idea how much food these guys need. Should they really be fed multiple times a day?

That sectional is AWESOME. I am actually a furniture sales person (still in college), we can use something like that in our showroom. We have some similar pieces, but none in a grey like that.

Oh, and of course the tank looks great! It looks super clean. Cant wait to see it with lots of happy corals

Yea, they should be fed 2-3 times a day. They are up and waiting for food at 6:30am before lights even come on.

The sectional is from OpulentItems.com . They have lots of modern creative design. We got the smallest one they have. It's a nice deal if you get their big ones since price is similar. You get to pick from a variety of colors. But to be honest, the sofa itself is not that comfy. It's a little too "firm" for us.

Yea, they should be fed 2-3 times a day. They are up and waiting for food at 6:30am before lights even come on.

The sectional is from OpulentItems.com . They have lots of modern creative design. We got the smallest one they have. It's a nice deal if you get their big ones since price is similar. You get to pick from a variety of colors. But to be honest, the sofa itself is not that comfy. It's a little too "firm" for us.

Do you have a family room too? Or just the living room? It may not be comfy but it sure looks nice :).

Do you have a family room too? Or just the living room? It may not be comfy but it sure looks nice :).

We have our family room in the basement. And by family room, I mean dog room...

video taking when we first moved in. the basement is cleaner now =P

• Like 3

We have our family room in the basement. And by family room, I mean dog room...

video taking when we first moved in. the basement is cleaner now =P

That's awesome! So the TV will be down there? That's where you need the comfy couch ;).

That's awesome! So the TV will be down there? That's where you need the comfy couch ;).

We just bought a 65" TV for the living room upstairs =). The TV in the basement is our old one from 8 years ago. A no brand one that surprisely lasted this long.

• Like 1