Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

WWC is just insane. I feel like the Winter Park are a LITTLE better than the Orlando store. I got 2 Zoa's for $49 plus their little 10% off sale. 

I have never been to SITC or Aquaholics. 

Living Reef used to be my go to store. They always had the best deals. I went there a few weeks ago and their Z & P prices weren't to bad. Their sps prices weren't terrible either. Still a little high though. 

TSA has almost double their prices since last year. Idk if its because the consider themselves a premier store now or what. But their prices are absolutely absurd nowadays. For simple Z's and P's that have been staples in the industry are ×10 more than they were last year. 

Ocean's Direct on 434 isn't terrible. Store needs a revamping so bad,they don't really stock equipment or anything,just test kits and a few supplements. Sps prices aren't bad,a bunch of no-name pieces but they are all $20-$25 and same with Z's and P's. 

Fishy Business stopped selling saltwater stuff about 2 years ago I found out. 

With all the AC facilities in the state,and WWC & TSA having massive 10000+ gallon farms you figured it would bring prices down,but no. It just makes them stay high. 

It looks and feels like online is king nowadays. Places like CoralEuphoria,Legendary Corals have the best prices I have seen in ages. 

• Like 2

Wow $50 for a single ric mushroom? I assumed that the shops in florida would be a bit cheaper too. Maybe not WWC, they are seriously overpriced on their website for many corals. But I thought the locally owned business would be more reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Wow $50 for a single ric mushroom? I assumed that the shops in florida would be a bit cheaper too. Maybe not WWC, they are seriously overpriced on their website for many corals. But I thought the locally owned business would be more reasonable. 

Very common corals,have tripled in price lately,its insane. A single polyp of Eagle Eye's ar Ocean's Direct is $20.. when they have 5-6p frags for the same price. I asked the kid working if they could do like $10-$12 and he said no.. smh. 

This is why I say online is king during this whole set of shenanigans is going on. Its driven the prices thru the roof I feel like. 

• Wow 1
On 9/7/2020 at 9:54 AM, debbeach13 said:

I moved here from MA 10 years ago and I am still experiencing sticker shock every time I go to a LFS. I thought the same thing. Florida is almost an Island I figured there would be ton's of coral farms and prices would be great. It seems at least half the stores offering aqua-cultured corals have large on shore facilities not just items in the ocean. Plus since covid-19 every thing has gone up more. How far are you from Longwood or Winter Park? I can not speak about the prices but Top Shelf is in Winter Park,, Fishy Business and Ocean Direct are in Longwood. Ton's of stores but I have not found any with really low prices.  Aquarium Direct has some good sales and because they are in Florida it is over night shipping. 

I am by Universal but will make it out to Winter Park next weekend.  Any other recommendation for online vendors in Florida to save on shipping?  I know of Reefgardner and KP Aquatics.  I will check out Aquarium Direct.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, Elizabeth94 said:

yea, that's what I was hoping for too.  But I guess WWC sets the standard and other stores just have to be only a tad below to get customers to buy from them instead of WWC.  

20 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

IG is where you will find majority of the FL sellers,or over at R2R. All the FL people are there is seems like. 

IG?  really?  how do you go around searching IG for sellers?  I joined a couple of facebook groups but never thought of going to IG to buy corals =P

• 3 months later...

When I was on IG 24/7,I would just go searching for zoa morphs and would find tons of people selling stuff. Its actually how I found places like Hobe Sound Frags,Reef Gardener,Pirates Reef and a few others. 

• 5 months later...

Tank still running.  Usual reef issues with algae and pests but overall things are doing good.  Hoping to upgrade to waterbox peninsula 7225 in the next month if things work out with a seller.  

Some photos with new Nikon Z5 and 50mm lens with macro extension tube.

DSC_0534-01.thumb.jpeg.fa50cf1d08f8bf0166ed4f15ebdf8833.jpeg

DSC_0543-02.thumb.jpeg.dc2f2ddff49fac48b2ae55e459b8f6d9.jpeg

DSC_0550-01.thumb.jpeg.a2dcd7a5e20110f34e5e2c098321808b.jpeg

DSC_0549-01.thumb.jpeg.657bc75f1694a083de53d02407fcbb07.jpeg

DSC_0538-01.thumb.jpeg.36b97bd665a3cbee7eb4bd7700a025b8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 3

FREE CORAL - if you are by Orlando area, i have free nirvana paly frags.  They grow like weed for me and I ended up throwing out some.  Before I have to throw out more, come get some free frags.  I can also cut birdsnest frag for $10.  

• Like 2
mitten_reef
On 6/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, ninjamyst said:

Tank still running.  Usual reef issues with algae and pests but overall things are doing good.  Hoping to upgrade to waterbox peninsula 7225 in the next month if things work out with a seller.  

Some photos with new Nikon Z5 and 50mm lens with macro extension tube.

DSC_0534-01.thumb.jpeg.fa50cf1d08f8bf0166ed4f15ebdf8833.jpeg

DSC_0543-02.thumb.jpeg.dc2f2ddff49fac48b2ae55e459b8f6d9.jpeg

DSC_0550-01.thumb.jpeg.a2dcd7a5e20110f34e5e2c098321808b.jpeg

DSC_0549-01.thumb.jpeg.657bc75f1694a083de53d02407fcbb07.jpeg

DSC_0538-01.thumb.jpeg.36b97bd665a3cbee7eb4bd7700a025b8.jpeg

DUDE!!!  you've been hiding all sort of fire down in FL....

and your rics - they still get me every f-ing time!!!  they look so good!

2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

DUDE!!!  you've been hiding all sort of fire down in FL....

and your rics - they still get me every f-ing time!!!  they look so good!

Just have to destroy the gsp in the middle of the rics.  It killed off one ric already....and I keep razoring blading it off but it always come back.  

• Like 1
mitten_reef
On 6/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, ninjamyst said:

Just have to destroy the gsp in the middle of the rics.  It killed off one ric already....and I keep razoring blading it off but it always come back.  

how do you get your rics to mat out like that tho (multiple of each variety)?  I know it's been a LONG time since you posted last, so time might be a factor....but the growth rate one mine is practically zero....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

how do you get your rics to mat out like that tho (multiple of each variety)?  I know it's been a LONG time since you posted last, so time might be a factor....but the growth rate one mine is practically zero....

They just keep splitting. They are slowly overtaking the jack o lantern lepto on the other side of the rock.  Invasive rics =P

• Like 2

Your ricordeas look amazing.  I would love that invasion!  I ordered a couple of things from WWC.  My first time ordering from them.  They had a good sale going the other day for the holiday.  So envious that they are your LFS!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gena said:

Your ricordeas look amazing.  I would love that invasion!  I ordered a couple of things from WWC.  My first time ordering from them.  They had a good sale going the other day for the holiday.  So envious that they are your LFS!

I bought more rics from AquaSD over the weekend =P.  Gonna start a second Ric garden.  I toured the WWC farm a couple of times.  Very impressive. Their corals are expensive when not on sale but when you consider they are all aquacultured, the price is worth it.  They have a team of 4 people that only does husbandry on their tanks.  And another team just for fragging.  Huge operation.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I bought more rics from AquaSD over the weekend =P.  Gonna start a second Ric garden.  I toured the WWC farm a couple of times.  Very impressive. Their corals are expensive when not on sale but when you consider they are all aquacultured, the price is worth it.  They have a team of 4 people that only does husbandry on their tanks.  And another team just for fragging.  Huge operation.

Ohhhh...I forgot about AquaSD.  They always had some pretty things.  I'm on a coral buying ban for the next 6 months.  A promise I made.  So in 6 months I'll check them out again LOL.  

WWC sounds super impressive!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...