Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Stopped by an LFS today while taking some stuff to our new place and they had some nice plates. Never thought of putting them in a tank myself but they are great looking coral!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tibbsy07 said:

Stopped by an LFS today while taking some stuff to our new place and they had some nice plates. Never thought of putting them in a tank myself but they are great looking coral!

I love plate corals!  I had an orange one before and now a green one.  Their pure fluorescent colors are strong even under ordinary "daylight" settings, and they make a great sand bed addition.

On 2/18/2017 at 4:53 PM, ninjamyst said:

Went to LFS today for some snails.  Came out with orange plate and super bright yellow sand anemone....

I almost always spend more than I intend to when visiting the LFS. :lol:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

$34, can't help myself.  Lost my orange and green plate when I first started the reefer so I am glad to have another plate now.

32962285086_ae1200ae98_c.jpg

And more petsitting this weekend...

Pretty plate. I'd love one, but my 3 leopards bury anything not mounted on the rock work. 

• Like 2

Sold a lot of corals this week...trying to make room in the tank and declutter the tank.  

23 hours ago, tibbsy07 said:

plates always a great way to add a splash of color to the sandbed!

21 hours ago, J-Ranko said:

I love plate corals!  I had an orange one before and now a green one.  Their pure fluorescent colors are strong even under ordinary "daylight" settings, and they make a great sand bed addition.

I almost always spend more than I intend to when visiting the LFS. :lol:

agree 100%.  i really like the pinwheel ones too.

20 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Pretty plate. I'd love one, but my 3 leopards bury anything not mounted on the rock work. 

My yellow coris and orange diamond goby have been burying my acans and chalice...but i know where they sleep now so I just have to rearrange stuff once in awhile.

• Like 4

So far, I have sold:

1. 7 inches ponape birdsnest colony because it keeps falling off the rock shelve
  2. 5 inches pink and purple chalice because it was taking too much sandbed space
  3. Pink Stylo that never colored up for me
  4. Magician paly frags

Also convinced a friend to start up a 30 gallon reef.  Felt bad afterwards so gave him a bunch of zoa frags and GSP.  Slowly getting rid of stuff!

I haven't seen my two cleaner shrimps for weeks.  I fear they died but I never found their body.  What will eat cleaner shrimps?????

New FTS.  

32935672341_8563cd2b38_c.jpg

Yellow sand anemone.  So adorable with blue tips.  Looks like a sebae to me....

32935685881_3989554568_c.jpg

RFAs

32935682001_b6e979a8a8_c.jpg

Lots of Sunny Ds

32935677051_49903c7dd6_c.jpg

One of two full frag racks.  

32680354130_68591c894f_c.jpg

• Like 12
10 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Do I see something (gsp?) climbing up the back left corner in the fts?  Also, do you have a recent topdown shot of the ric island to share? Pretty please. 

Yup, I tried so hard to prevent them from getting onto the back wall and glass but they just grow so damn fast in this tank.  Will try to get a shot of the rics soon.  I lost a few to the red gonipora stinging them, that's why the red gonipora is now on the rock shelf.  But a few of the rics split so I am still in the positive =P.

• Like 2
On 2/22/2017 at 9:08 PM, ninjamyst said:

So far, I have sold:

1. 7 inches ponape birdsnest colony because it keeps falling off the rock shelve
  2. 5 inches pink and purple chalice because it was taking too much sandbed space
  3. Pink Stylo that never colored up for me
  4. Magician paly frags

Also convinced a friend to start up a 30 gallon reef.  Felt bad afterwards so gave him a bunch of zoa frags and GSP.  Slowly getting rid of stuff!

I haven't seen my two cleaner shrimps for weeks.  I fear they died but I never found their body.  What will eat cleaner shrimps?????

New FTS.  

32935672341_8563cd2b38_c.jpg

Yellow sand anemone.  So adorable with blue tips.  Looks like a sebae to me....

32935685881_3989554568_c.jpg

RFAs

32935682001_b6e979a8a8_c.jpg

Lots of Sunny Ds

32935677051_49903c7dd6_c.jpg

One of two full frag racks.  

32680354130_68591c894f_c.jpg

I had two cleaners too and one was merced. I don't know who dunnit, but the tangs were playing hot potato with half a shrimp carcass for a day. I'm sure the cuc got to it at some point. I don't what killed it though. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Nola Bear said:

I had two cleaners too and one was merced. I don't know who dunnit, but the tangs were playing hot potato with half a shrimp carcass for a day. I'm sure the cuc got to it at some point. I don't what killed it though. 

I have a feeling there's a silent killer in my tank...or maybe its the huge "nano" red brittle starfish I have?  Its easily 10 inches across now.

2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I have a feeling there's a silent killer in my tank...or maybe its the huge "nano" red brittle starfish I have?  Its easily 10 inches across now.

I had a silent killer once!! :scarry:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I had a silent killer once!! :scarry:

1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Yours was kinda scary! 

I must have missed this...What was it?:huh:

2 minutes ago, Astinus said:

I must have missed this...What was it?:huh:

My snails were dying at an alarming rate, and I thought it was just nature taking it's course. 

Turned out I had a polyclad flatworm about the size of my hand hiding in my rocks. Ugh... makes me shudder to remember it.

But then, because I can't kill a living thing on purpose, once I caught it, I kept it in a gallon jug with an airstone and a few rocks on my counter. It was in jail for a few months and then I finally tossed the whole thing in a dumpster!  

• Like 3