Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Custom Bell Curve

Hexadron

I've asked this question before, but never got an actual response as to if or when this is happening.

I am looking to run my lights at a higher intensity, but only for a short period of time. I don't like the current flat curve that happens mid day. I run my lights for ~12 hours per day, but rather not have it at my current highest intensity for 4 hours, but more like 1 hour.

Apologies for the non-accurate examples, but for some visuals...

Less of this:

24cuxc9.gif

More of this:

mr6byt.gif

What you do is you play with the length of the morning, midday and evening settings as well as ramp-up times until you get the curve you want. By increasing/decreasing ramp-up times and such, you end up with a shorter high intensity photoperiod.

Disclaimer: this is coming from my experience with the bluefish mini, not sure if the settings are the same.

Just program in a ton of time points with increase/decrease in lighting. You'd need like 50 to make a nice curve though haha

That's the issue. You basically have preset points and lengths. Although customizable, it doesn't allow what you are saying.

What you do is you play with the length of the morning, midday and evening settings as well as ramp-up times until you get the curve you want. By increasing/decreasing ramp-up times and such, you end up with a shorter high intensity photoperiod.

Disclaimer: this is coming from my experience with the bluefish mini, not sure if the settings are the same.

I have tried many many times to get what I stated, and it just doesn't work. Not for the photo period I desire anyways. Can you post your settings? Maybe i'm missing something here.

What light and are you using a controller?

Kessil A160we w/ Bluefish controller (not mini)

SpencerShepard

Point-based schedules are currently testing. Basically it allows you to turn on "manual program" for each individual channel, and add as many points as you wish, including variables for dynamic sunrise/sunset times. I'm hoping to have this fully implemented in the next few weeks.

A secondary curve as JDH described (with a more pronounced peak) is something I've worked on but have had trouble getting right. It is still on my short list though.

Point-based schedules are currently testing. Basically it allows you to turn on "manual program" for each individual channel, and add as many points as you wish, including variables for dynamic sunrise/sunset times. I'm hoping to have this fully implemented in the next few weeks.

A secondary curve as JDH described (with a more pronounced peak) is something I've worked on but have had trouble getting right. It is still on my short list though.

Thanks for the response Spencer. I look forward to the updates.

Archived