Cultivated Reef

205g Peninsula

jabeuy

Where's yours?! Almost getting it wet?

It's wet- a few pictures on my Nuvo thread- had a set back. Broke my collarbone a 3 ribs skating so I am on hold for a bit

Holy crap.. That thing looks like a beast!

What king of flooring is that? Looks like a nice surface to clean in terms of water spills.

Looking forward to your progress

Holy crap.. That thing looks like a beast!

What king of flooring is that? Looks like a nice surface to clean in terms of water spills.

Looking forward to your progress

Haha thanks. The flooring is just cement, coated in an epoxy. Very easy to clean up after spills, no more worries about damaging the floor :)

• Like 1

So..........what's the stocking plans ? That tank can take some large fish- are doing a reef or fish with live rock?

With that lighting.... Im hoping coral!

• Like 1

Missed that lighting part........something special though about seeing a large Angel cruising around. Large triggers etc.

So..........what's the stocking plans ? That tank can take some large fish- are doing a reef or fish with live rock?

Missed that lighting part........something special though about seeing a large Angel cruising around. Large triggers etc.

Reef with corals! Not much SPS though, just the montis I already have. I wanna fill this with meaty corals and euphyllia.

For fish, I need to have a naso tang. After that, maybe yellows, a kole tang and a powder blue. Also want a school of anthias. And if I can still stock, a school of chromis? Hahaha

As for the lighting, I'm actually not gonna use the Mitras. I put them over the tank, and I think I like the look of a single fixture instead.

Looking at the 300w razors right now. Should be enough for my LPS.

And also the skimmer is a no go. Way too big. The stand was supposed to be 42" high, but turned out being 36", with the tank sitting "inside" the stand a bit. So from the bottom of my sump, to the stand's ceiling, there's about 25" of room. With it like this, I can't put the skimmer on a stand (the reef octopus needs 6-6.5" water level), and b/c it's a huge skimmer it's very cumbersome to get the collection cup off. Time to look for a new skimmer...

• Like 1

Reef with corals! Not much SPS though, just the montis I already have. I wanna fill this with meaty corals and euphyllia.

For fish, I need to have a naso tang. After that, maybe yellows, a kole tang and a powder blue. Also want a school of anthias. And if I can still stock, a school of chromis? Hahaha

As for the lighting, I'm actually not gonna use the Mitras. I put them over the tank, and I think I like the look of a single fixture instead.

And also the skimmer is a no go. Way too big. The stand was supposed to be 42" high, but turned out being 36", with the tank sitting "inside" the stand a bit. So from the bottom of my sump, to the stand's ceiling, there's about 25" of room. With it like this, I can't put the skimmer on a stand (the reef octopus needs 6-6.5" water level), and b/c it's a huge skimmer it's very cumbersome to get the collection cup off. Time to look for a new skimmer...

Cool,looking forward to what you do..........ya they all say limited SPS?.......then oops there's one,two,three..........either way that tank is gonna look sick congrats! ?
  • Like 1

I might be missing something but Couldn't you just run a skimmate locker for easy emptying, and then only remove the cup for deep cleaning ?

• Like 1

That tank is awesome. I love everything about it, from the dimensions to the stand. I think it was a good idea to go with a peninsula.

Just out of curiosity what is that room the tank is in? Is it some kind of bussiness or your home?