inTank Media Baskets

It Begins AGIAN....100% custom 15g NANO.

EnderG60

ah thats it. couldnt remember the equation.

yea looks like a seperate 12v PSU might be the way to go. I dont think it will be to easy to find a 120v/12v relay, and a 250mA PSU is probly only a few bucks more.

guess its time to make another trip to fry's

oh yeah when your battery is going, does it read higher or lower temps?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp got my first perc from my new job. 4lbs of live rock rubble

Img0321.JPG

Shoved it all in the back of the tank, and it really kick started my cycle.

Img0323.JPG

And thanks to typical georgia weather it got up to 70 in the middle of winter so my room got a bit warm, and hey tank is staying pretty damn cool!

Img0322.JPG

If this keeps up I might only have to use the chiller in extreme cases, which would rock because that thing is loud.

Now for something odd....why the hell are by bio balls foaming?

Img0325.JPG

anyway did some tests and ammonia is nice and high, nitrates and nitrites are still low and just like the other two tanks in the house my ph is at 8.1

Welp that rubble really kicked off my cycle. Woke up this morning to find my tank basicly all brown!

Im also going to pick up a power head for the top off today and get that all hooked up so i dont have to keep adding water to this thing. it evaporates almost as much as my 58g!

And opon recommendation i ordered a new impeller for my mag7 which hopfully will quiet it down and maybe reduce the heat it gives off(he thinks it might have a warped impeller magnet)

and now that my 2 weeks of straight tests and papers are over im going to get cracking on a bubble trap for the skimmer.

so there is still more DIY'in to do before this thread is done:P

Sounds great man, but why do you have a metal hose clamp down in the what? It's gonna rust like craz in the salt water and it already looks like it is.

ya know ive had the same kind of hose clamps in my 58g and yeah they rust but man it doesnt make a lick of differance to anything far as i can tell.

and to top it off after going over the chemical reactions of ferris metals and copper as they corrode nothing is going to leach into the tank except the ferris oxide(rust) which is basicly harmless unless you eat a chunk of it.

plus im just to damn lazy to go and spend $10 on 4 plastic ones:P

Welp I got another 6 lbs of rubble for the back of the tank and left a bit of room for some macro down the road. Adding that to the at least 20lbs of rock going in the main tank i think ill have enough rock to cover filtration, but the double order of bio balls aint gonna hurt either :)

On a sad note im going to have to leave this thing be for a while to let it cycle and because i just bent a rod in my car:rant:

So im gonna have to load up the ol mastercard for a while.

I still have to finish up the bubble trap so that will probly be the last update for a while.

Archived