Cultivated Reef

Should have written this a long time ago!

printerdown01

printerdown01

So let me fist of all start off by saying I don't think I will ever order corals from anyone else online again -other than these guys! They are amazing to work with.

The corals are always extremely healthy. They look better than the pictures (this is pretty much the ONLY place I can say that about). Shipping is always great. Customer service and communication is always great.

The last order I placed they had actually run out of a couple of items and had to email me to see if they could either delete them or substitute. Let me start off by saying if it had been anyone else I would have told them to simply delete the items. However, I gave the go-ahead for the substitutions. OMG!!! The stuff sent was UNREAL. I was sent a couple of ricordea that I have never seen anything like before -ever. I am tempted to ask them to simply surprise me next time and send me whatever they want...

...Despite their amazing service and unreal livestock I did not write this review until 7 months later. My review was sparked by me ordering coral from another -very, very, well reviewed- online vendor. Never again. While healthy the stuff looked nothing like the photos online -they were clearly doctored up to unreal levels in photoshop... SOOOO I am back to just ordering from Cultivated Reef -where I always get more than I asked for, always get super healthy (and well packaged) livestock, always get unreal service, and I always get exactly what I ordered (except that it may actually pop more in my tank than the photos).

I keep trying to checkout other vendors... but time and time again I curse my orders and wish I would have spent my $$ with these guys instead!!

-Thanks for doing what you do-

-Tony P. (printerdown01)

printerdown01

P.S.

In terms of zoa highlights:

Their yellow brick roads are STUNNING!!

Their fruit loops are super tiny (so have a place for them upfront) but despite size they will dazzle everyone!

And their ultra red people eaters (placed very low in my tank) are the fastest growing zoa I have ever had. They make my radioactive dragon eyes look like ultra slow growers.

In SPS highlights:

Pokestar monti and leng si cap are both unreal and grew very fast in my old tank.

Also to be noted: Liams clove polyps are hard to ship. I have not had success with other vendors. That being said I have order them twice (for two different tanks) from these guys and BOTH times they were fully opened within about 48 hours -UNREAL. I don't know what the secret sauce is over there but I wish more vendors would follow their lead...

its always a pleasure ordering with them , if you have any questions they always answer promptly and are super nice . I always get nice sps and they are never just 1" , my last batch of millies came In and they all had 3-4 branches and were like 2-3 inches in size . My red robin was about 4 inches and my tort I ordered like 5 months ago was literally almost 4 inches and fully encrusted . I always ask whats lookin good and she will tell you:) always great!!

printerdown01

+1 with tautog83. I have always gotten exactly what I expected or a whole lot more!! I have ordered things with 3 polyps and been shipped a whole clump of them. I have ordered spungdodes from these guys that were supposed to be 1" and was shipped a chunk with 3 major branches (all exceeding 1") with other minor branches. CultivatedReef and Reefcleaners.org are the only peeps I have dealt with that CONSISTENTLY over deliver -not just in quantity (i.e. shipping you a 3 inch frag rather than a .75" frag) but also in quality. Never have I consistently put something in my tank to have it look 2x as good as it did in the photos... I tip my hat to you sir.... sorry I spent money elsewhere... won't happen again... Keep trying to find another vendor like you -but I'm afraid I am chasing the dragon on this one ;). I just need to dial back my coral spending to CultivatedReef and local reefers -period end of story.

Thanks for doing what you do. Hell of a way to run a business!! Wish 6-stars was an option.

Sorry I have no photos... I need some decent photo editing software. All of my shots are pretty whited out of my tank and resizing (so that they can be uploaded on this site) with the software I have is a pain!! Hence I never post any shots. Will eventually do it as my tank looks great (in large part thanks to the livestock from CultivatedReef) and some innovative rock work inspired by the old MedRed 60.

Archived