ReefCleaners.org

NanoBox Duo Series

DaveFason

Welcome the new NanoBox Duo & Quad! Pricing starts at $425!

Duo SideDuo Side

NanoBox Coral Shots :

22758477011_23500e23e1_c.jpg

Accessories :

Lid Kit : Every Duo uses the swappable lid system. Simply purchase a new color or material lid, unscrew four screws and then secure new lid down. Almost like a brand new unit! Lids will range from $19.95-$49.95.

22733704572_b7137650df.jpg

Nature Series Lid Kit : $29.95 - $49.95

22733716842_203c24d0a8_c.jpg

22559348480_11f53a4408.jpg

Accessories :

Lid Kit : Every Quad uses the swappable lid system. Simply purchase a new color or material lid, unscrew four screws and then secure new lid down. Almost like a brand new unit! Lids will range from $47.95-$89.95 ( includes two lids ).

Nature Series Lid Kit : $54.95-$89.95

22733716842_203c24d0a8_c.jpgnatureseries by David Fason, on Flickr

Anodized Colors :

Anodize Colors

• Like 8

Par readings in or out of water? And light at what percentages?

Out of water. All channels 100%.

I will have a few testimonials from a few industry professionals as well. While I was in LA my friend has been running a new style Quad over his Reefer 250. SPS all over. Made me happy inside.

-Dave

Mine has been doing awesome. I love it so far. May have to figure out how to send it back to get the upgrade to the single power supply. So far so good though!! Love the new design and thank u for the additional par info.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

which channel is the moonlight channel? (my channels look like this; channel 1: blue, channel 2: red, channel 3: blue, channel 4: light blue, channel 5: lime green, channel 6: violet) nvm I figured it out lol :P

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am waiting for a Deep Blue Professional 24" rimless cube 60 gal tank. After reading the information available, it looks like the quad model would be recommended. Because guy at LFS recommender AI Hydra 26, and that seems similar to the Duo. Problem is I don't like the mounting options. What mounting system would you recommend on the rimless tank? I think I like the look of the arms that arch over the tank.

I am waiting for a Deep Blue Professional 24" rimless cube 60 gal tank. After reading the information available, it looks like the quad model would be recommended. Because guy at LFS recommender AI Hydra 26, and that seems similar to the Duo. Problem is I don't like the mounting options. What mounting system would you recommend on the rimless tank? I think I like the look of the arms that arch over the tank.

Hanging kit would be ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, what is the current turnaround time on the quads. My Fusion 30L is just not as amazing even with the Hydra 52 as my humble Fusion 10 with the Mini. Coraline Algae is just exploding under the NanoBox.

10 days. Get the order in! :)

Dave, what is the current turnaround time on the quads. My Fusion 30L is just not as amazing even with the Hydra 52 as my humble Fusion 10 with the Mini. Coraline Algae is just exploding under the NanoBox.

Okay, took the plunge regardless, Good bye Hydra, hello NBR.

10 days. Get the order in! :)

I place the order. Numbers were off, invoice me before shipping for difference. No option for Quad Plus M on the site. I emailed you with the details. T-minus 10 days. Boom!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Red and black Duo Plus M ordered for my red ArtFully Acrylic AIO-16. I'm stoked! I opted for the 15" gooseneck for rimmed tanks. I couldn't find any pictures of the mount so I hope it will work. The top brace over the back chambers only extends out .5" and the tank is 1.5" from the wall. I can move it away from the wall a bit if needed.

• Like 2

I guess I should say driver not power supply?

So the driver housing is 6"x1.5" and that does not disconnect. However the power supply does. Does that help?

-Dave

EDIT : I can also show you how to remove the driver top and that will allow it to fit!

• 5 months later...

how effective do you think the quad would be on a 18Wx24Hx60L tank? the plan is i would want to keep the quad in the center as i plan on surrounding it with 4 T5's. heres a sketchup of my exact tank lol. the glass brace in the center is 18" wide and 1/2" thick as well. the rock would be set up mostly between the returns. or do you believe it would be better for me to just buy two of your large retrofit kits for the 4 arrays and install in my canopy? Id also say if i went with the fixture over the retrofit it would be 2" above the water level.

post-91468-0-23098200-1471012928_thumb.png

how effective do you think the quad would be on a 18Wx24Hx60L tank? the plan is i would want to keep the quad in the center as i plan on surrounding it with 4 T5's. heres a sketchup of my exact tank lol. the glass brace in the center is 18" wide and 1/2" thick as well. the rock would be set up mostly between the returns. or do you believe it would be better for me to just buy two of your large retrofit kits for the 4 arrays and install in my canopy? Id also say if i went with the fixture over the retrofit it would be 2" above the water level.

With that setup, I think 2 Duos would be better. That way they do not have to go through the center brace and loose a bunch of power.

With that setup, I think 2 Duos would be better. That way they do not have to go through the center brace and loose a bunch of power.

true, but since i plan on modifying my canopy as is, i believe it may be cheaper/cost effective to just go with 2 Retro Large plus M? 2x$364=$ 728 vs the duo starting is $435 Duo plus m is 470x2=$940. I guess i kinda answered my own question as the Quad plus is $725, might even be cheaper with s/h if i just go with 2 retros too huh lol. guess i'll just pull the plug on 2 retros towards the end of this month.

true, but since i plan on modifying my canopy as is, i believe it may be cheaper/cost effective to just go with 2 Retro Large plus M? 2x$364=$ 728 vs the duo starting is $435 Duo plus m is 470x2=$940. I guess i kinda answered my own question as the Quad plus is $725, might even be cheaper with s/h if i just go with 2 retros too huh lol. guess i'll just pull the plug on 2 retros towards the end of this month.

Two retros or two Duos would be best. I can help you out on the price if you need them connected to the same controller. Shoot me an email.

-Dave

• Like 1
jedimasterben

A 24" light will never work over a 60" tank. Even two Duos will leave significant shadowing, you'll definitely require T5 at that point.