Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoBox Mini Tide Series

DaveFason

I hope it is more attractive than what I got now, although my DIY will be moved to a frag tank, this will just make my tank loook so much smarter. I can hardly wait.

Edit: I don't hope, I know it will be.

• 5 weeks later...

OK Dave, ya sold me, but I wanna make sure of 1 thing. They all have the controller in them to do the gradual ramp up and ramp down? I'm picking up a 14g tank tomorrow and I'll need a light system for it.

Yes sir!

OK Dave, ya sold me, but I wanna make sure of 1 thing. They all have the controller in them to do the gradual ramp up and ramp down? I'm picking up a 14g tank tomorrow and I'll need a light system for it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

first of all you I wanted to congratulate you on such a great product. Although I don't own one, I am certainly considering it.

My question to you is around the channels for the tide plus. I want to get a better visual sense for what a tank looks like under each of the channels, but I am having a hard time differentiating between the images when I go through the flickr gallery.

Is there anyway you could either post or point me to what each of these channels looks like whenever you have time? Greatly apprecaited. Thank you in advance!

Hi Dave,

first of all you I wanted to congratulate you on such a great product. Although I don't own one, I am certainly considering it.

My question to you is around the channels for the tide plus. I want to get a better visual sense for what a tank looks like under each of the channels, but I am having a hard time differentiating between the images when I go through the flickr gallery.

Is there anyway you could either post or point me to what each of these channels looks like whenever you have time? Greatly apprecaited. Thank you in advance!

Let me see what I can do.

• Like 1
righttirefire

Hi Dave,

I love me my tide. I can video that shit over my nuvo tomorrow. If you need

• Like 1

I love me my tide. I can video that shit over my nuvo tomorrow. If you need

Whatever works, yea man that would be great rightire. Simple picks should be enough. All i want to see is how the tank/corals look under the various channels. Thanks

righttirefire

So just 1 channel at a time?

I've decided on my testing coloration, pictures to follow

As per How to, by Dave,http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367284-nanobox-how-to-bluefish-tideduoquad-series/

Softies / LPS

60% Royal : 30% White : 80% Violet : 60% Cyan20151120_142914_zpsywhyr3u7.jpg

SPS

90% Royal : 45% White : 90% Violet : 80% Cyan 20151120_140001_zpsfabh8pw2.jpg

1:1 all colors20151120_135509_zpssfp49l1y.jpg

2:1

Royal, Violet, Cyan : White20151120_135650_zpsk3jc8amv.jpg

3:1

Royal, Violet, Cyan : White20151120_135729_zpswladeaxf.jpg

Note: those are for bluefish, and this is a storm light. So I've converted and maintain ratios

Teaser... this is my quad in Dave's recommended ratios

• Like 1
righttirefire

Whatever works, yea man that would be great rightire. Simple picks should be enough. All i want to see is how the tank/corals look under the various channels. Thanks

Here you go!

Tide "demo" video

Mute the volume

Moonlight channel 35%

20160318_075654_zps0nayxpdl.jpg

Cyan channel 34%

20160318_100850_zps0ozdr8eb.jpg

Violet channel 34%

20160318_100908_zpsjk2ron0d.jpg

White channel 34%

20160318_100925_zpsrguc08l8.jpg

Royal blue channel 36%

20160318_100942_zps9z2ctsjc.jpg

0% moonlight, 46% cyan, violet, and royal blue, 22% white

20160318_101029_zpsqtfac16f.jpg

• Like 1

Here you go!

Tide "demo" video

Mute the volume

Moonlight channel 35%

20160318_075654_zps0nayxpdl.jpg

Cyan channel 34%

Violet channel 34%

White channel 34%

Royal blue channel 36%

0% moonlight, 46% cyan, violet, and royal blue, 22% white

Thanks for doing this! I was just shooting stills for this as well.

righttirefire

Thanks for doing this! I was just shooting stills for this as well.

Just quick and dirty. I hope it helps. I think your lights are awesome. I wish I could find a storm controlled dou 4 channel plus moonlight for $250. Lol... but doesn't everyone

• Like 1

Just quick and dirty. I hope it helps. I think your lights are awesome. I wish I could find a storm controlled dou 4 channel plus moonlight for $250. Lol... but doesn't everyone

And righttire, you have the nanobox tide PLUS on your small nuvo correct?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I just ordered my Mini Tide Plus, but afterwards I realized there was the Mini Tide Plus M that was available for a mere $5 more. Is there a way to change my order?

My cell number is on the order so feel free to call me if you can. Order was placed today around 3pm - 9" gooseneck with white on white.

Please let me know if it's possible to change it, thanks!

RH

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

I just ordered my Mini Tide Plus, but afterwards I realized there was the Mini Tide Plus M that was available for a mere $5 more. Is there a way to change my order?

My cell number is on the order so feel free to call me if you can. Order was placed today around 3pm - 9" gooseneck with white on white.

Please let me know if it's possible to change it, thanks!

RH

Shouldn't be a problem. Shoot him an email. David@nanoboxreef.com

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

First pic with the Tide Plus M. Dave, thanks again for your help in getting this set up!

I was definitely reading the recommended settings wrong LOL. The light fixture is awesome.

26504941900_a4aebf883a_h.jpg

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

need your guidance on something. So i am contemplating getting a new tank - the ADA 60F (8.6 gallon) which measures 24L x 12W X 7T. I'm wondering if the miniTide would be enough support the length of this tank? I would position the light in the center and keep all SPS corals in the center directly under the light while gradually putting LPS and softies on the ends.

The height of the tank is fairly low, so I feel pretty confident about using the minitide but wanted to get your thoughts. THanks!

Cencalfishguy56

Hi Dave,

need your guidance on something. So i am contemplating getting a new tank - the ADA 60F (8.6 gallon) which measures 24L x 12W X 7T. I'm wondering if the miniTide would be enough support the length of this tank? I would position the light in the center and keep all SPS corals in the center directly under the light while gradually putting LPS and softies on the ends.

The height of the tank is fairly low, so I feel pretty confident about using the minitide but wanted to get your thoughts. THanks!

yup will work perfectly! I believe Dave says 24" is the max spread on his tides

Hi Dave,

You will be fine. It will be a little shaded on the VERY ends but looks just fine with the shallow tank.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Can you swap out the array yourself or do you have to send it into Dave?

You will need a soldering iron for this. If not you can send into me.

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...