Cultivated Reef

NanoBox Mini Tide Series

DaveFason

6 hours ago, bxz said:

just curious why the tide plus is more expensive than the tide plus M? 

The Plus will be phased out. The Tide Plus M reflects the new pricing from earlier this year. 

-Dave

3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

The Plus will be phased out. The Tide Plus M reflects the new pricing from earlier this year. 

-Dave

thx Dave. 

I just started a pico and running a AquaClear 50 on the back glass, can you suggest a solid stand or something I can use the gooseneck clamp on?

• 4 months later...
coral reefer tx

Dave,  I’m trying to estimate rough Par figures of the Mini Tide in my IM 10 gallon cube.  

Your website shows Par estimates ...  http://nanoboxreef.com/mini.html

But are those Par readings taken with all channels at 100%?   

Any chance you have a rough estimate of what your LPS preset PAR would be compared to the website PAR readings? (Since the mid-day portion of the Pre-set has most channels at about 70% would Par readings be about 70% of what’s posted on your website?).

Final question,  I’ve got the light about as close to the water as I can with the 9 inch gooseneck — 5 inches over the water maybe.   To replicate those par readings at say 12 inches -  I should be measuring from the light, and not water depth, right?  Difference between your 12 inch Par reading and 18 inch par reading at the center is double, so want to make sure I’m measuring right.  

Thank you. 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:03 PM, coral reefer tx said:

Dave,  I’m trying to estimate rough Par figures of the Mini Tide in my IM 10 gallon cube.  

Your website shows Par estimates ...  http://nanoboxreef.com/mini.html

But are those Par readings taken with all channels at 100%?   

Any chance you have a rough estimate of what your LPS preset PAR would be compared to the website PAR readings? (Since the mid-day portion of the Pre-set has most channels at about 70% would Par readings be about 70% of what’s posted on your website?).

Final question,  I’ve got the light about as close to the water as I can with the 9 inch gooseneck — 5 inches over the water maybe.   To replicate those par readings at say 12 inches -  I should be measuring from the light, and not water depth, right?  Difference between your 12 inch Par reading and 18 inch par reading at the center is double, so want to make sure I’m measuring right.  

Thank you. 

Yes to pretty much everything you asked. I will take a quick PAR reading for the 70% for you if you like. With the tank that small I would not get to wrapped up in PAR unless you are running 100% SPS. 

• Like 1
coral reefer tx

Thanks Dave.  I’m actually trying to get by with as minimal of light as possible (for algae control) but run enough for various softies and leathers.  Just now adding a couple LPS micromussa just off center of the light.  

Didn’t want to complicate the post above, but since I’ve been trying to not run more light than my softies actually need,  I basically used your LPS presets and backed off each channel by 1/4 or so and shortened the total duration by an hour.  

I was just wanting to make sure I’m not cutting back too much and being below 50 par or so during midday period on the sand bed.  

Just let me know if I’m not on the right track.  

10 hours ago, coral reefer tx said:

Thanks Dave.  I’m actually trying to get by with as minimal of light as possible (for algae control) but run enough for various softies and leathers.  Just now adding a couple LPS micromussa just off center of the light.  

Didn’t want to complicate the post above, but since I’ve been trying to not run more light than my softies actually need,  I basically used your LPS presets and backed off each channel by 1/4 or so and shortened the total duration by an hour.  

I was just wanting to make sure I’m not cutting back too much and being below 50 par or so during midday period on the sand bed.  

Just let me know if I’m not on the right track.  

The %'s will be fine but keep the overall light schedule. You will be just fine. 

• 3 months later...

I am considering ordering one of these again, this time for mums tank.  (or take the new one myself and give her my old one - either or. Any chance I could do the payment thing (2 - 3 parts) again if I do?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sunstar said:

I am considering ordering one of these again, this time for mums tank.  (or take the new one myself and give her my old one - either or. Any chance I could do the payment thing (2 - 3 parts) again if I do?

PM Sent. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 9:33 PM, Cren said:

Any examples with a white body and black lid? Trying to decide on my color combination. :D

Also, does the gooseneck come with any equipment for mounting to a wall or stand rather than on the tank? I'm going to be using it on the AquaMaxx 9.1 Gallon(23.7" x 9.5" x 9.5"), not sure what size gooseneck I should be shooting for but I would imagine the 15" being too tall for my tank if mounted on the glass. What would you recommend?

Sorry for the delay...2A79E517-5615-4229-B3F1-ADDB2F8F52F4.thumb.jpeg.cad6a369baca7ae9dbecb8e74de820cc.jpeg

Edit: woops didn’t see the date

• Like 1
  • Haha 1