SaltCritters.com

NanoBox Mini Tide Series

DaveFason

Will this light work for a SPS dominated fusion 25 lagoon if I only plan to have rock works in the middle of the tank? Sort of like a single island.

I still recommend the Duo for this tank. The single source if just not enough for a SPS dominate tank of this size.

I've got a Duo on my 19.75x13x13 tank and it CRANKS! Not a shadow in sight. I'm regretting going with LPS corals. I feel like a bought a Porsche that I can never drive over 70. I think when my Nanobox stand arrives and I move the tank, that will be the perfect opportunity for a change to a shallow more dynamic biotope.

• 3 weeks later...

Would the Tide be sufficient on an IM Fusion 20 or should I consider a Duo?

I would go with the Duo. Overall you will be happier.

You an get away with a Tide but again I think you will be more pleased with the Duo.

-Dave

• 1 month later...

Any examples with a white body and black lid? Trying to decide on my color combination. :D

Also, does the gooseneck come with any equipment for mounting to a wall or stand rather than on the tank? I'm going to be using it on the AquaMaxx 9.1 Gallon(23.7" x 9.5" x 9.5"), not sure what size gooseneck I should be shooting for but I would imagine the 15" being too tall for my tank if mounted on the glass. What would you recommend?

• Like 1

Any examples with a white body and black lid? Trying to decide on my color combination. :D

Also, does the gooseneck come with any equipment for mounting to a wall or stand rather than on the tank? I'm going to be using it on the AquaMaxx 9.1 Gallon(23.7" x 9.5" x 9.5"), not sure what size gooseneck I should be shooting for but I would imagine the 15" being too tall for my tank if mounted on the glass. What would you recommend?

Only for the tank. However you can get crafty. ;)

Funny, I cant find one. However I think clear with black is absolutely amazing.

28562299286_4a324898e0_z.jpgtideclearblackgoose by David Fason, on Flickr

• Like 1

Does the controller save settings locally in case internet and/or power goes out?

Once power goes out and then back on it will carry on the settings once WIFI is established.

• 5 months later...
DaveFason
9 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

I believe I read somewhere that the Tide does not use optics, is that correct?   

Correct. I have never put optics on any NanoBox unit. 

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

Correct. I have never put optics on any NanoBox unit. 

What was the reason behind that decision, is there a benefit in not having them?

DaveFason
1 hour ago, Type-H20 said:

What was the reason behind that decision, is there a benefit in not having them?

Better color blending, even spread. Majority of tanks out there are very shallow and do not need optics. 

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Out of sheer curiosity, would a Tide provide enough coverage for an Evo 13.5?

More than enough. 

8 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't the nanobox site to work with safari on iOS. 

Working on this now. There is an update that made the menu button simply stop working ( along with links ). iOS mobile should be it. 

Thank you for addressing this however!

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Ronney42 said:

Do you need wifi do run the settings?

You do need WIFI to connect the unit. You can also use a hotspot for this. Once connected it will store the settings until you disconnect the power.