Pod Your Reef

Nosser's budget DIY everything 40b build *lots of pictures*

nosser

So any updates? Been interested in what you are doing with the tank since we have such a similar design. Did you decide to go with Lions like Felicia? Or did you decide something else?

I've moved away from the Lion idea, while amazing in Felicia's tank, I realized that the increased needs of such fish would be too much for me to worry about as I travel for work.

So any updates? Been interested in what you are doing with the tank since we have such a similar design. Did you decide to go with Lions like Felicia? Or did you decide something else?

I've moved away from the Lion idea, while amazing in Felicia's tank, I realized that the increased needs of such fish would be too much for me to worry about as I travel for work.

I haven't done much with the tank since work has put a toll on me! I was out with the kids before Christmas and they really wanted this midas blenny, so we picked him up. I still want the lions but I'm not sure how they will do with that guy and a small clown I moved from my 3 gallon. I'll take some pictures tonight.

From what I have read I think they should be fine as long as they are similar in size. You could get away with a dwarf lion if it was smaller than your other fish. However if you have shrimp or other inverts be careful. That's the reason I gave up on lions, as I'm rather fond of pistol and cleaner shrimp.

So here's a couple pics of my little guys. Excuse the dirty tank this was right before a water change.

My poor clown looks beat. His name is Bob. My kids named him after a Minion from the movie.

P1050256_zps37ppzb3x.jpg

My Midas is Stella from the wine lol. My daughter named her.

P1050254_zpskid7kr7r.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 9:25 AM, AquaCraze said:

Any updates on this build? 

I haven't been here on a while and have neglected the tank a bit, but its still up and running. I'll share some pictures after I get my water change done.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a long overdue update. I'm finally going to start stocking the tank lol. 

I used my iPhone to take photos so I had to turn the blue all the way down. 

IMG_6730_zpszhboulcz.jpg

IMG_2045_zpsntmker3u.jpg

IMG_2046_zpsh67yrodp.jpg

IMG_2047_zpsnivhx1qp.jpg

IMG_2048_zps4zl2msnx.jpg

IMG_2049_zpsfrxbnpq1.jpg

IMG_2050_zpsat4dhlfd.jpg

IMG_2051_zpsshzuiij2.jpg

IMG_6924_zpspviahx95.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
graftobny142

Great update! You really have been patient.

I think I spotted an aiptasia in one of your pics. Scoop it out without knocking any pieces off it so it doesn't spread.

N20lqmZ.png

• Like 1

T

1 hour ago, themummra said:

Great update! You really have been patient.

I think I spotted an aiptasia in one of your pics. Scoop it out without knocking any pieces off it so it doesn't spread.

N20lqmZ.png

Thank you! lol I saw that too after I posted the picture. I got it out!