Coral Vue Hydros

Java's Artisan II 70 - Lots of Pics and Growth

JavaJacketOC

Tank looks great man.

Thanks, trying to get growth to a point where things feel substantial...long process, lol.

Some other updates:

• Got alk stabilized around 8.9 (160 ppm) and cal at about 420.
  • Last test showed by cal had dropped to 395 so upped daily dosing by about 5 ml per day, will keep watching to see if it remains stable.
  • Sand bed is looking a lot better, currently siphoning about 50% of it every 3-4 days. Still can't seem to get rid of the diatoms as a whole but I think I'm comfortable with where it's at...still not ready to do a hard reset.
  • Hippopus Clam died :( I quit with clams.
  • Got some cyano in my fuge, added a Koralia Nano and am going to start dosing MetroKat's Microbacter7 and Calcium Carbonate mixture.

I think I want a new light but really having a hard time deciding what route to go. I think something like 3-4 LED pucks and 4 T5's in a 36" fixture...just need to find someone selling something similar or a fixture I can have retro'd.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just remembered....I need to get rid of my clownfish, she's getting big and mean but isn't usually fooled by by any fish traps and such. I may need to take a lot of stuff out to get her :(

You can always get a nice big elephant ear mushroom for her to host. :ninja:

LOL, she hosts the rock with all the long paly's on the front left. I'm going to see if I can get to her host a fish trap....if you get my drift.

• 7 months later...
JavaJacketOC

Had to take this guy down :( Had a mild crash about 8 months ago and nothing ever really recovered. I had growth but really poor colors and would randomly lose stuff...couldn't figure it out and couldn't correct it.

Going to work on a small, low tech freshwater planted tank until I'm able to devote time to something bigger.

Archived