Coral Vue Hydros

Designer's Radioactive Rimless 5.5G Long AIO Tank

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

This is our latest custom Designer's 5.5G Long AIO tank. The tank is fully customized with a Fluorescent Green and White accent. I worked with the tank's owner over 2 weeks with more than 5 pages in PMs before I get started on this project just to make sure I didn't miss any details. As for how this tank will be setup, I'll leave that for you to find out once the owner started a tank build thread.

Tank Features and Specs:

• 5.5 Gallons Rimless AIO (All-in-One)
  • Dimensions: 18x8x9.5"
  • Semi-Enclosed AIO Chamber.
  • 3 Removable Media Racks, With Custom Handles.
  • Adjustable Flare Nozzle
  • 1/2" Return Pump Ouput
  • Super Mirror Hand-Polished Edges
  • 3/8" Thick Cell-Cast Acrylic

22622787015_aae2de1d62_c.jpg

22001633563_9bb2b9c7a3_c.jpg

22609255872_df2cef427e_c.jpg

22609256042_2cf851ef24_c.jpg

22001635343_d336a616ee_c.jpg

22001633593_e806b83da3_c.jpg

22001881963_ac9fdd1b45_c.jpg

100% have to have one. my son NEEDS this!!!

​o and how large of a return pump can you get in there? bigger then a maxi 606 i hope lol

Cool! It was designed for an Eheim compact 300 pump, with this design the overflow area is too narrow to accept higher flow, i wouldn't go over 90GPH. If you're interested, I could always modify the design to take higher flow, but honestly the Eheim compact 600 (160GPH) would be more than enough, may be even too much flow but you can dial it down since this pump has an adjustable output.

​eheim 600 would be way better. pm me a price with one that i can use a 600 in

Pm sent.

Simply stunning. VERY clean, sleek, and stylish.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was after so im glad that's what it is to you :)

Holy shit that is CLEAN !!!! Hats off to you sir,wow :wub: what's a rough guesstimation on a price at this point if you're willing to tell it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Tank is in and wow is it nice! The perfect size and shape. The details are top notch. The build feels very sturdy. I must say, after 6 pages of back and forth with Phoung requesting every little thing to be custom to what we wanted was totally worth it. He nailed it. I am very impressed.

The AIO chamber is out of this world. The removable racks are a perfect fit. The lid is as snug as it can be and seamlessly ties into the walls of the chamber. This will be a freshwater build so we will use filter floss, something like chemipure and in the center chamber something like ceramic rings. The left side will fit the pump and heater.

He packaged it very securely. No damage at all to the tank. I can't imagine it moved much as all with the amount of packing he used.

This will be my girlfriends tank and she will be putting together a build thread here even though it will be a planted tank! :P

Tank is in and wow is it nice! The perfect size and shape. The details are top notch. The build feels very sturdy. I must say, after 6 pages of back and forth with Phoung requesting every little thing to be custom to what we wanted was totally worth it. He nailed it. I am very impressed.

The AIO chamber is out of this world. The removable racks are a perfect fit. The lid is as snug as it can be and seamlessly ties into the walls of the chamber. This will be a freshwater build so we will use filter floss, something like chemipure and in the center chamber something like ceramic rings. The left side will fit the pump and heater.

He packaged it very securely. No damage at all to the tank. I can't imagine it moved much as all with the amount of packing he used.

This will be my girlfriends tank and she will be putting together a build thread here even though it will be a planted tank! :P

Thanks for the opened box write up, im just glad there is no damage to the tank, that was most concern after all the work put into it. Can't wait to see the build, since making this tank a freshwater planted tank has been in my head for the future so im curious how her turn out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived