Innovative Marine Aquariums

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

Also, noticed some nice, dark, skimmate this morning: Guess I'm starting to get this thing dialed in, finally. It was producing really wet skim for the first part of this week since it started breaking in. I've only got it running at about 3.

IMG_4625_zpstxpxnokr.jpg

• Like 3

Also, noticed some nice, dark, skimmate this morning: Guess I'm starting to get this thing dialed in, finally. It was producing really wet skim for the first part of this week since it started breaking in. I've only got it running at about 3.

IMG_4625_zpstxpxnokr.jpg

Between 3-3.5 is where i get the best skimmate.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

So, if any of you were creeping, i totally talked my mom through the acclimation process over the camera. it was pretty awesome.

she saved them from the snow storm that is now starting to happen, and all three are in the tank.

two are happily swimming.

i'm really considering going in after the third, in case he didn't make it. it was the first one in, mom said, and he hasn't come out since.

they're so tiny!!! and beautiful. size of my neon goby. i still have tons of room in my tank.

also, my peppermint shrimp are not eating my aptasia. my dad has long wanted me to get a copper band butterfly, but i have no idea anymore. what to do, what to do.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

So, i decided to go looking for the third. he was ok but had a strange mark on his side... not sure if he got stung by something or what.

stuck him in the sump in case he does die within the 14 days, i don't have to completely tear the thing apart.

which is what happened.

three hours later, and much glue (and accidental fragging) later .... I'm not sure how i feel about the looks of things.

it's similar, anyway. Here it is after the mayhem.... ugh i hate how its impossible to get the rocks back to exactly where they were. I guess the biggest difference is i put the zoa garden/flat rock around the side, but i don't know if i like it there. i don't think i do. but, i'll leave it for a few days and see. everything is all stirred up and pissed off, so i'll at least wait till things settle down before i decide.

IMG_4638_zps0qp6xaqm.jpg

Here are fish pics:

IMG_4637_zps7efsvhxa.jpg

IMG_4636_zpsln7iwdjl.jpg

IMG_4635_zps9ofb4xsf.jpg

IMG_4633_zpsp603ajsy.jpg

• Like 7

i love it! lots of open space. one complaint is how deep it is.... but i'm dealing with it. going to go look for gloves this week, haha.

That's awesome! I have a 90g freshwater tank and I always have to roll my sleeves up over my shoulders to reach the bottom. I go through a lot of towels :)

Edit: I just saw thse beautiful anthias - I think I'm getting inspired to get a bigger tank because MORE FISH :wub:

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Their pink is a pretty contrast to the yellow in the tank. Perfect! Pretty in pink!

Thanks, annette! I love how outgoing they are, and they are a perfect pinky-lavender that blends well with everyone else so far!

Hope the third guy does alright! If he's not hiding as much tomorrow in the sump, i may risk him being in the display. Anthias are outgoing swimmers, so his behavior kind of has me spooked.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Third little guy didn't make it through the night- went looking for him this morning in the sump- glad i put him in there instead of re-doing my scape a THIRD TIME. (ARGH FISH!?!! WHY MUST YOU HIDE?!)

called live aquaria. they'll reship a replacement for free after December 3rd (14-day period for the other two- in case they don't make it either) pretty neat. they wave the shipping on that one too.

jedimasterben

Third little guy didn't make it through the night- went looking for him this morning in the sump- glad i put him in there instead of re-doing my scape a THIRD TIME. (ARGH FISH!?!! WHY MUST YOU HIDE?!)

called live aquaria. they'll reship a replacement for free after December 3rd (14-day period for the other two- in case they don't make it either) pretty neat. they wave the shipping on that one too.

damn! They've only ever offered me credit for deaths, even DOA.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

damn! They've only ever offered me credit for deaths, even DOA.

really? they offer to refund credit to your card or on file- i asked if i chose on file for the replacement fish if shipping would be waived, and they said yes- you're entitled to one free reship for every order. 14 day arrive alive, stay alive guarantee?

my phone voice might not have hurt either...

• Like 4
thecoralbeauty

LA is really great with customer satisfaction. I once ordered a pom pom crab that arrived with only one pom pom. They gave me a full credit.

you had a pom-less pom pom crab!?

i'm glad they're doing this. so frustrating and sad.... but i'm glad i followed my gut and kept him separate. poor little guy... i feel awful anytime anything dies.

in my defense, though, he had a strange mark on his side when he got here, so i don't think it was my fault.

• Like 1

you had a pom-less pom pom crab!?

i'm glad they're doing this. so frustrating and sad.... but i'm glad i followed my gut and kept him separate. poor little guy... i feel awful anytime anything dies.

in my defense, though, he had a strange mark on his side when he got here, so i don't think it was my fault.

Definitely not your fault; all of them were acclimated the same. Just a weak fish that didn't take well to shipping.
thecoralbeauty

Beautiful Anthias. Did you find those long gloves?

found them. haven't ordered yet.

Definitely not your fault; all of them were acclimated the same. Just a weak fish that didn't take well to shipping.

actually, upon closer inspection, he had an open wound in his side. they must have crushed him catching him to put him in the bag. :(

jedimasterben

really? they offer to refund credit to your card or on file- i asked if i chose on file for the replacement fish if shipping would be waived, and they said yes- you're entitled to one free reship for every order. 14 day arrive alive, stay alive guarantee?

my phone voice might not have hurt either...

yeah, you probably sound super cute, too :D

My last incident with them was months and months ago. Maybe the Petco buyout helped them up their policy?

thecoralbeauty

UGH. now only one is coming out. the second guy is hiding- i can see him, he's alive, but he's not out and swimming or tempted by food.

maybe it's a phase.

• thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*