inTank Media Baskets

thecoralbeauty

first, tank looks great. Really like all the open space in there. where do you buy these SCA tanks I see people getting? also, how are you making that wave? One Mp10? 2? and how was the wave made? with that auto tune feature? I have never really understood how it worked so I haven't really used it yet. the one time I tried to make a wave in my old tank I just made a huge mess. lol. Any tips or info you could provide on how you did that would be great. I would like a nice gentle wave like that in my 16 gallon. (I have two mp10s).

thanks!

thecoralbeauty

first, tank looks great. Really like all the open space in there. where do you buy these SCA tanks I see people getting? also, how are you making that wave? One Mp10? 2? and how was the wave made? with that auto tune feature? I have never really understood how it worked so I haven't really used it yet. the one time I tried to make a wave in my old tank I just made a huge mess. lol. Any tips or info you could provide on how you did that would be great. I would like a nice gentle wave like that in my 16 gallon. (I have two mp10s).

thanks!

SCAquariums.com... i think they are also on amazon.

There was a big sale when I got mine, might still be going on. saved over 200 bucks and free shipping.

i have my mp10 pointed towards my sps island in the back (from the opposite side) on reef crest at 100%- it doesnt interfere with the wave, but provides that group of corals with more flow.

the wave is made my my mp40, on short pulse, on the right side of the tank, pointed out in the open space in the tank. I played around with the time between pulses until i got a wave that i liked. You can also do it using auto-tune, but i didnt. i'll have to go check out your setup for some ideas, but yea, its just the one powerhead on short pulse, played around with the frequency of the pulse.

I'll take screen shots of my programs later this afternoon when i have more of a chance to sit down. hopefully that willhelp!

Hi I see u have a Tang in there was wondering if it's ok to leave the Tang there as I was thinking of the 66 gallon and I want to have a Tang but I am not sure if I will have to move it when it gets bigger. Love you tank only with I could get it not but need to wait till the reno on the house is completed. Thanks

thecoralbeauty

The :wub: for you was because you got it right :)

thanks! :wub: think im gunna pull the trigger on my sherbet fish tonight!

Hi I see u have a Tang in there was wondering if it's ok to leave the Tang there as I was thinking of the 66 gallon and I want to have a Tang but I am not sure if I will have to move it when it gets bigger. Love you tank only with I could get it not but need to wait till the reno on the house is completed. Thanks

should be totally fine to leave it in there... with a yellow tang, anyway. what kind were you thinking of?

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

thanks!

So my tank's dimensions are 24x 24x 20 tall- this is my vortech programming

Vortech_zpsxfikmzg5.jpg

So my tank's dimensions are 24x 24x 20 tall- this is my vortech programming

Vortech_zpsxfikmzg5.jpg

Interesting. Is this snapshot out of reeflink?

Did it. just ordered three carberryi's. They'll be here Friday.

woo

Can't wait to see them. Where did you end up ordering them from?

thecoralbeauty

Interesting. Is this snapshot out of reeflink?

Can't wait to see them. Where did you end up ordering them from?

yea i just took a screen shot from ecosmart live.

i ordered from live aquaria. first experience ordering something like this. or shipping anything live (besides harry's clams)

What did u order?

3 small carberryi anthias.

(how do you pronounce that anyway? i keep saying car-berry in my head)

Ive had a heck of a day here at work.... been watching my tank on my nest cam every chance i get a second to myself. (avoiding the online dating profile, avoiding certain text message conversations... need some tranquility between bursts of 8th grade exposure).

I'll see if i can make the feed live for this afternoon for you all too. the yellow tang just has added so much!! so happy i got him.

Live Feed:

https://video.nest.com/live/VktMYh

thecoralbeauty

is there anyway to get the live feed better quality? hahaha i can see you

oh gosh haha. yea. maintenance/feeding/re-gluing a clam.

not sure about making it any better. its already zoomed in from across the room.

i'd have to set it up super close to the tank somehow.

thecoralbeauty

oh no-

the charge that was on my card for the anthias last night is no longer there... wonder if they are not in stock. :(

i'll call later today if i get a chance.... field trip though. makes things a little difficult today without a planning period.

thecoralbeauty

Anthias are on their way! :) They'll be in the tank tomorrow afternoon.

Also there is a coral/frag swap happening on Saturday, so I'll probably at least go check that out. I don't really want any more coral, but, you never know what you might run into!

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Just got caught up - it looks so beautiful already! I'm glad the transfer went well. Now that it's all scaped, how do you like the cube shape?

i love it! lots of open space. one complaint is how deep it is.... but i'm dealing with it. going to go look for gloves this week, haha.

• Like 1

I recommend the Coralife Aqua Gloves. Long enough to keep your arms dry and very durable. I've tried the disposable elbow length gloves before and didn't have much luck with them - too thin and leaky.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

I recommend the Coralife Aqua Gloves. Long enough to keep your arms dry and very durable. I've tried the disposable elbow length gloves before and didn't have much luck with them - too thin and leaky.

to amazon!

So the fish are being delivered by 10:30 am- I'm not home on fridays until 4:30. My mom fortunately is going to come pick them up and bring them inside. I told her to at least pull the bag out and try to acclimate but i'm happy as long as they aren't sitting on my door step in the snow all day.

• Like 2
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*