Pod Your Reef

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

Just poured a ton of live copepods in the fuge.

on the way to petco and home depot.... fuge light went out (yea, it was old) and want to stop and get more putty and an algae scraper

thecoralbeauty

So I poured the other bag of copepods into the fuge last night bc Daisy chewed a hole in the bag so i was afraid it wouldn't keep if i didnt. continued to dose (generously) with some live phyto immediately after, also in the fuge.

i had crazy diatoms yesterday when I came home from work. Disappeared with the photoperiod, because when I left for work this morning- nothing. Thats a good sign!

I have the mp10 up to 100%, but I'm still considering getting an MP40. hard to know if i have enough flow, but i'd really rather not wait to fail... I can't make up my mind.

need a stronger light for the fuge. the replacement clippy thing isn't making the xenia extend the whole way- perhaps its the wrong spectrum.... not sure what to do about that either.

Tomorrow i'll see what anthias he has and tangs. I'd really like to have 2 or three anthias and a blue and/or yellow tang... but i dont know how much room i have, so i'm starting with the anthias, i think.

• Like 1

wait, what? somehow I'm not following.

Annette!! I cane home from watching a very frustrating broncos game at my parent's house, and my RFA was spawning! it's officially a male. SO cool! had never seen him spawn before.

Whoo hoo!!! And that's the only way you know. Just watching. How exciting!! Picture of the male?

A jebao RW4 is a great cheaper option. I saw one in person at the LFS and they look nice, plus the flow is wider and you can aim it.

All those pods..... Is someone considering a mandarin? :)

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

So i bought an MP 40.

Setting it up now.

Also grabbed a yellow tang. Well, my father grabbed the yellow tang and insisted that he pay for it so that he could name it.

The name he chose?

Ting. Ting the tang.

Acclimating now. Photos soon.

• Like 7

Nice! Lets see Ting!

MP40s are freaking awesome; SO MUCH FLOW!

(Im at 22-38%)

You know you can move the wireless module to the MP40 and control with your reeflink? Its easy.

• Like 1
righttirefire

Ting tang! Your father is awesome. My parents could care less... unless I added salmon, halibut, or albacore then my dad would want to fish it it.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Ting tang! Your father is awesome. My parents could care less... unless I added salmon, halibut, or albacore then my dad would want to fish it it.

The tang jokes continue...

IMG_4585_zpsrycbutoj.png

Awesome. Needs a video :P

when lights come back up in the morning!

so the mp40 is awesome.

but how does one create a slight wave motion in the tank? that might be cool.

• Like 1
righttirefire

Turn that thing to short pulse mood, I believe it's the blue setting. Pick you intensity and set your pulse frequency to the slight wave you want.

Personally I run mine, MP10, on short pulse, about 1 or 2 lights under half for intensity and the longest frequency. No wave but good flow and the rebound off the far wall creates a turbulent flow

And why aren't you sleeping!

thecoralbeauty

Turn that thing to short pulse mood, I believe it's the blue setting. Pick you intensity and set your pulse frequency to the slight wave you want.

Personally I run mine, MP10, on short pulse, about 1 or 2 lights under half for intensity and the longest frequency. No wave but good flow and the rebound off the far wall creates a turbulent flow

And why aren't you sleeping!

hm. ok- i'll play around with it tomorrow.

The tang jokes continue...

IMG_4585_zpsrycbutoj.png

when lights come back up in the morning!

so the mp40 is awesome.

but how does one create a slight wave motion in the tank? that might be cool.

Heres a video for wave auto-tune

my iPhone 5. haha

so should i put the mp4 and mp10 on anti slave? or..? hm.

My dimensions are pretty similar, and the MP40 is more than enough. I think you should try it with just the MP40 at first- it should be enough. With the wireless version you can set up a dozen different programs and patterns, so throughout the day it will should scramble aby detritus.

thecoralbeauty

ok. this only took me an hour. but I have a slight, gentle rocking going. mp40 is at 22%, mp10 is the same pulse length in seconds but going at 85%. might continue to play with it, but I'm happy... for now.

ting the tang won't eat his nori. he's eating mysis instead.

off to clean the glass and then i'll take a photo and maybe a video

tempted to go to the other fish place to see what all they have in stock. I'm still thinking anthias. but they have a different selection than my other store.

• Like 2
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*