Pod Your Reef

thecoralbeauty

So, today I'm thinking I'll need to purchase sand (thinking the same fiji pink sugar-fine live sand that I've had in the other two tanks) and an MP40.

I can use my MP10 to provide cross-flow.

So, today I'm thinking I'll need to purchase sand (thinking the same fiji pink sugar-fine live sand that I've had in the other two tanks) and an MP40.

I can use my MP10 to provide cross-flow.

MP 10's are hit or miss on 1/2 glass they either work or fall off. Which is what I think this tank is? I recommend Tropic Eden Reef Flakes for sand it's the beat sand eva.
  • Like 1
thecoralbeauty

MP 10's are hit or miss on 1/2 glass they either work or fall off. Which is what I think this tank is? I recommend Tropic Eden Reef Flakes for sand it's the beat sand eva.

will it mix in well with the fiji pink that I have? I'm wanting to use existing sand from both of my tanks to help keep as much of the biological filter I've had established already and to "seed" any new live sand i'm adding.

good to know about the MP10.

Edit: just checked. glass is 10mm thick.

will it mix in well with the fiji pink that I have? I'm wanting to use existing sand from both of my tanks to help keep as much of the biological filter I've had established already and to "seed" any new live sand i'm adding.

good to know about the MP10.

Edit: just checked. glass is 10mm thick.

Maybe a RW4?

thecoralbeauty

Today is the day!! :)

Noticed my oregon tort is losing tissue... wonder if the xenia has been tickling it. oh no!

going to start mixing some water up, anxiously awaiting the delivery call!

• Like 5

Today is the day!! :)

Noticed my oregon tort is losing tissue... wonder if the xenia has been tickling it. oh no!

going to start mixing some water up, anxiously awaiting the delivery call!

I love the fact that you don't even have the tank yet and you're already mixing water for it. Stella, Jack and Lawn could all use lessons from you. :happy:

• Like 4
thecoralbeauty

ok stand is set up... but i have no idea how to plumb this from the drain into the sump- i seem to be missing a part. I know i need to use the one larger clamp to clamp that hose onto the drain (into my sump)- but i seem to be missing that fitting.... the clamp (nor the larger tubing) fits over the the durso pipe.

If it is on the drain side I don't think the missing hose clamp will be much of an issue. Defiantly make sure both ends of the return are clamped down.

You're right... You're missing the slip-fit to barbed PVC pieces. They are available at the local hardware store and you'll probably have to glue those in. They look like the Grey one in the third pic but without the threaded portion... That particular piece (gregy/3rd pic) should be what goes on your return pump

Is the bulkhead on the drain threaded inside also? If so, the larger barbed piece (straight gray piece) looks to be what you want to insert there and then connect the hose to that.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Is the bulkhead on the drain threaded inside also? If so, the larger barbed piece (straight gray piece) looks to be what you want to insert there and then connect the hose to that.

no- it's not threaded. I thought that at first too, but no. not threaded on the inside (which is why I'm thinking i don't have the right parts...)

Also, Make sure the rubber gasket for the bulkheads are on the INSIDE of the aquarium. Kinda looks like one was not done properly.

the one on the return? (grey)?

as irritating as this whole plumbing fiasco is.. I didn't want to lose the excitement from this morning when it was delivered:

IMG_4453-1_zpsi1qv3xzo.jpg

went to home depot. didn't have the part... will check the other local hardware store tomorrow and call SCA... hm.

• Like 7

Looks like they want you to use the 90 degree elbow to get it done... That'l make it quieter but I think those things are pretty flimsy. and yes the bulkhead gasket for the return appears to be on the outside of the aquarium. It should be inside the overflow...

Like DIS!

20151101_183638_zps4m2eoc0k.jpg

Just a horrible horrible drawing :rolleyes:

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Looks like they want you to use the 90 degree elbow to get it done... That'l make it quieter but I think those things are pretty flimsy. and yes the bulkhead gasket for the return appears to be on the outside of the aquarium. It should be inside the overflow...

Like DIS!

20151101_183638_zps4m2eoc0k.jpg

Just a horrible horrible drawing :rolleyes:

ah. GLUE. they wanted me to glue it.

WHY DIDN'T THEY WRITE THAT DOWN ANYWHERE?!!!! :furious:

• Like 1

ah. GLUE. they wanted me to glue it.

WHY DIDN'T THEY WRITE THAT DOWN ANYWHERE?!!!! :furious:

Because they didn't include any ####ing instructions. &*(&^@#(**()@)())DHRWeopiqh3etuipq3

no- it's not threaded. I thought that at first too, but no. not threaded on the inside (which is why I'm thinking i don't have the right parts...)

the one on the return? (grey)?

as irritating as this whole plumbing fiasco is.. I didn't want to lose the excitement from this morning when it was delivered:

IMG_4453-1_zpsi1qv3xzo.jpg

went to home depot. didn't have the part... will check the other local hardware store tomorrow and call SCA... hm.

I'm done for the night. I'm way to f'n frustrated to do any more with this. Otherwise I might start throwing things and that's never good :)

I love the fact that you don't even have the tank yet and you're already mixing water for it. Stella, Jack and Lawn could all use lessons from you. :happy:

Hey now! I've got 60 gallons of water ready to go ;)

The rest, well, not so much.

• Like 2

YES! WE HAVE WATER!!!!

...and nowhere to put it yet.

im gunna go watch my broncos. this is ridiculous.

I watched my Steelers and they let me down!

Tomorrow is a new day and I am sure the plumbing will get sorted out. Hang in there!

thecoralbeauty

what is your gang's name?

its the tang gang.

I watched my Steelers and they let me down!

Tomorrow is a new day and I am sure the plumbing will get sorted out. Hang in there!

ahhhh yes broncos! was actually kinda nervous.

So i called SCA this morning again. I'm still kinda weirded out about the prospect of gluing anything, but, i suppose if that's how it's done.... We'll see if they call back/what they say.

• Like 1
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*