SaltCritters.com

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

This!

Just be careful... Xenia slimes a lot when messed with. I dunno how much you have, but you may want to only razor a little at a time, run extra carbon, and maybe even do a couple daily water changes till the xenia calms down.

yea, i'd been thinking about that...

we'll see how easily it comes off and how pissed off it gets. I have xenia growing on my radion mount that i had to mess with last night when i had temporarily mounted it on the new tank. it was out of water for about an hour or two... was ticked off, but the slime wasn't overwhelming and nothing else in the tank is mad.

i'll play it by ear.

if i can get the rest of this paper finished in my planning periods today, i'm hoping later tonight/tomorrow/sunday i'll have everything transferred!

• Like 1

Morgan FTW!!!! Suck on that Stella!

You can use a razor on flat surfaces ($8 for a 100 pack in the paint dept) and peel off any that are on the rock.

Congrats on the Masters!

:o Pinner!

thecoralbeauty

also, my dad's compound bow finally arrived! so i may end up having to push the transfer back a day so we can go to the range and sight it in tonight. my shoulder is finally feeling better so I'm hoping i can get my draw weight pulled back up to where it was.

• Like 3
thecoralbeauty

so, the transfer is complete. my dad's bow is sighted in.

it is 12:29 AM.... and.....

my paper is not done. I have another 24 hours to finish it. This says a lot about my priorities though..

Photos have been taken, but things are a bit murky still. Things also fell off their mounting because I'm a HUGE klutz, and i accidentally fragged off the tip of one of my slimers.

I'll see how things clear up tomorrow and glue things down- thank god i got the frag rack haha.

Debating even bothering with the xenia- i got a huge chunk off the glass and don't know if i even have room for more anyway.

only thing left in the 20 is the pistol shrimp.... and I'm also contemplating leaving that little asshole there and not including him in the move because he picks on my jawfish. I think when i do catch him i'll put him in the Fuge for a while to make sure the jawfish is settled in- he's a neurotic little fish!

I suppose I should have taken a good-bye photo of the 20, but I forgot. too late now!

Wanted to keep the NPS is the fuge until a- i found a good place in the display and b-so i could actually reach to feed them. damn, this cube is deep!

IMG_4504.JPG_zpsdthfchcj.jpeg

IMG_4503.JPG_zpso5houkie.jpeg

IMG_4502.JPG_zpspj6xeolz.jpeg

• Like 6
thecoralbeauty

I also just had this realization, while writing my 6th page of this nonsense paper, that i kind of want the larger island on the LEFT side instead of the RIGHT, because there's lots to see around the side there but the right side is kind of the ugly side with all my wiring and mp10 and all that jazz over there.... I also think I want to somehow bring that island up a little taller. maybe use one of my extra rocks that I stuck in the fuge.

i'm so in love with having a Fuge already! and so not in love with having such a deep tank....

• Like 1

I also just had this realization, while writing my 6th page of this nonsense paper, that i kind of want the larger island on the LEFT side instead of the RIGHT, because there's lots to see around the side there but the right side is kind of the ugly side with all my wiring and mp10 and all that jazz over there.... I also think I want to somehow bring that island up a little taller. maybe use one of my extra rocks that I stuck in the fuge.

i'm so in love with having a Fuge already! and so not in love with having such a deep tank....

I have to use a stepladder. Do you have a little one? I have one I just fold up and put behind the tank when I'm not using it. I did leave about 10 inches between the tank and the wall for the exact reason of storing stuff - and so I could put my ATO bucket back there. BUT I need to find some palms or some sort of tropical plants to hide the stuff :)

so, the transfer is complete. my dad's bow is sighted in.

it is 12:29 AM.... and.....

my paper is not done. I have another 24 hours to finish it. This says a lot about my priorities though..

Photos have been taken, but things are a bit murky still. Things also fell off their mounting because I'm a HUGE klutz, and i accidentally fragged off the tip of one of my slimers.

I'll see how things clear up tomorrow and glue things down- thank god i got the frag rack haha.

Debating even bothering with the xenia- i got a huge chunk off the glass and don't know if i even have room for more anyway.

only thing left in the 20 is the pistol shrimp.... and I'm also contemplating leaving that little asshole there and not including him in the move because he picks on my jawfish. I think when i do catch him i'll put him in the Fuge for a while to make sure the jawfish is settled in- he's a neurotic little fish!

I suppose I should have taken a good-bye photo of the 20, but I forgot. too late now!

Wanted to keep the NPS is the fuge until a- i found a good place in the display and b-so i could actually reach to feed them. damn, this cube is deep!

IMG_4504.JPG_zpsdthfchcj.jpeg

IMG_4503.JPG_zpso5houkie.jpeg

IMG_4502.JPG_zpspj6xeolz.jpeg

Looking GREAT morgan!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

I have to use a stepladder. Do you have a little one? I have one I just fold up and put behind the tank when I'm not using it. I did leave about 10 inches between the tank and the wall for the exact reason of storing stuff - and so I could put my ATO bucket back there. BUT I need to find some palms or some sort of tropical plants to hide the stuff :)

Looking GREAT morgan!!!!!!!!

I'm five foot 10, so i can reach the bottom just fine standing, but the water is pretty dang close to my arm pits... this is a short-sleeve only tank. maybe i'll give it a go with the step ladder.

thanks! I have dreams of the tank, so I think i have an idea to help with the height on the left side of the rock scape. Also, I can't move it to the right side either, so that'll just have to be ok. (for now, anyway, until I feel like re-scaping)- which is as soon as I get some good inspiration from some aquascapes (probably on here) i'll want to re-do it i'm sure.

Took of the original sprig of xenia. that is now in the fuge. no room for the rest. think it's getting tossed- no point in trying to scrape it off. no room for it all.

also the pistol shrimp has somehow buried himself in the sand that remains in the 20 gallon. no idea where he is but he's the last thing to be moved. if i can't find him, i may just leave him. he's a huge jerk anyway. i feel like a terrible person, but after how he bullied my jawfish last spring (leading to the two tanks) and how he was constantly kicking the sand up and burying my zoas and acans... you could say i really do question his moral fiber.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Is it a candy cane? I'll take the pistol!

yea- candy stripe.

well, that's great, but i still need to catch him. unless you wanna road trip this weekend and bring your own net and wrangle him out of the deserted 20L...

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Great idea... but not practical. If you decide to capture it and honestly don't want it I'll send you my address... PM me

i seriously have no idea where he is but I'm making myself finish writing my abstract and turn this thing in before i waste anymore time on the dude.

when i catch him i'll put him in the 'fuge. if i decide he gets voted out of the tank, he'll be coming to you!

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Maybe I should rethink my goby/pistol pair I want to get :)

my main beef with him is my jawfish. i love jawfish- so if i have to chose between them because of his inappropriate behavior, i'm picking the jawfish.

god, i do sound like a teacher.

• Like 3

my main beef with him is my jawfish. i love jawfish- so if i have to chose between them because of his inappropriate behavior, i'm picking the jawfish.

god, i do sound like a teacher.

it's the word inappropriate :lol:

• Like 1

I'm five foot 10, so i can reach the bottom just fine standing, but the water is pretty dang close to my arm pits... this is a short-sleeve only tank. maybe i'll give it a go with the step ladder.

Only use non-toxic deodorant! :haha:

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

it's the word inappropriate :lol:

throughout any given day, i swear i say "that's not appropriate" about 50 times and "knock it off!" or "stop." probably 100 times. right up there with "pull up your pants," "tuck in your shirt,"and this:

Student: "Miss, can i go to the bathroom?"

Me: "I don't know, CAN you?"

Student" "yea..."

Me: "oh good for you!" *walks away*

Student: "wait, what?"

• Like 3

throughout any given day, i swear i say "that's not appropriate" about 50 times and "knock it off!" or "stop." probably 100 times. right up there with "pull up your pants," "tuck in your shirt,"and this:

Student: "Miss, can i go to the bathroom?"

Me: "I don't know, CAN you?"

Student" "yea..."

Me: "oh good for you!" *walks away*

Student: "wait, what?"

:lol: LOVE it.

I mean to protect your critters! Some have a lot of weird stuff in them.

Or just don't wear deodorant. although then you might not have any friends. That might not be good.

• Like 2
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*