mwhitelock

Anthrax & Gangs! 50G SCA

4 hours ago, Lawnman said:

I’m your first follower 🙂 

haha thanks, my main instagram isn't really for fishy things, i figured it would make more sense to make a separate linked account so as not to spam all of my acquaintances 🙂 

• Like 1

Newest development- the filefish has been nipping my favorite clam. I caught him at it when working from home yesterday, and so he is now spending some quality time in my sump. 

Never did see him go after any aptasia... so he will be rehomed. 

• Sad 1

This tank has turned into quite the beauty! Nicely done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mwhitelock said:

Newest development- the filefish has been nipping my favorite clam. I caught him at it when working from home yesterday, and so he is now spending some quality time in my sump. 

Never did see him go after any aptasia... so he will be rehomed. 

Well that escalated quickly :lol:

14 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Well that escalated quickly :lol:

We have a zero-clam-nipping-tolerance policy in this tank! 

Yea- not cool. Glad I caught him in the act as fast as I did though- probably would’ve kept him in there and started stressing about why my clams weren’t happy and fiddling with other things while they continued to be assaulted. Doesn’t seem like he tasted any of my corals though.... 

question now is what to do about my aptasia farm. 😱

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mwhitelock said:

We have a zero-clam-nipping-tolerance policy in this tank! 

Yea- not cool. Glad I caught him in the act as fast as I did though- probably would’ve kept him in there and started stressing about why my clams weren’t happy and fiddling with other things while they continued to be assaulted. Doesn’t seem like he tasted any of my corals though.... 

question now is what to do about my aptasia farm. 😱

I've tried peppermint shrimp three times. The first time they went to town on the aiptasia and they were gone in two days. The other two sets of shrimp were less effective. But I don't get a lot of aiptasia in the two tanks where they hang out, so they may be doing the job but just missing one or two every once in a while.

• Like 1

Tempted to try them but it seems like everyone says they are very hit and miss.

i get some satisfaction from my aptasia and vermetid snail murdering sprees- but- I do get behind with it.

last night, I believe one of my rock flower anemones spawned. When I left for the gym this morning around 4 am I walked through the tank room and noticed the water was extremely cloudy and both flower Nem’s were extended and puffy. Lights were off- as it was the middle

of the night.

got back from the gym, tested, all params are normal. Skimmer cranking away. Been keeping an eye on it through my security cam today and the cloudiness is dissipating. Not sure what else it could be, if not spawning. I didn’t see either Nem actually producing anything. 

• Like 3

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions