Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Wow :blink: I thought the reefers were a plug and play tank.........what is it with you and plumbing :lol::P

I'm short! And they are lol. I just suck.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet to be honest. They just didn't seal. I don't think I threaded them correctly

Hopefully didn't mess the threads up..........

Well, here's hopefully the last FTS of the 66. All of this is getting moved into the reefer. Things are a bit of a mess - I have slacked on glass scraping and stuff.

Hate to see the 66 go - it was such an inspiration to me, but looking forward to seeing what you do with 2 reefers! Twice the ideas to steal, uh, get inspired by.

Hate to see the 66 go - it was such an inspiration to me, but looking forward to seeing what you do with 2 reefers! Twice the ideas to steal, uh, get inspired by.

Ha! Well, that's really nice of you to say!! Hey did you ever get a Bert? I need to go check your thread!

I had the same thing happen to me. I called it out many times on my thread and other reefer threads =P. Make sure you don't overtighten and make sure the gasket is not loose prior to screwing. I had to wait for Red Sea to send me a new gasket.

Ha! Well, that's really nice of you to say!! Hey did you ever get a Bert? I need to go check your thread!

Nothing to see ... I need to uodate it. Still looking for my Bert - have never ordered a fish online, but may have to!

I had the same thing happen to me. I called it out many times on my thread and other reefer threads =P. Make sure you don't overtighten and make sure the gasket is not loose prior to screwing. I had to wait for Red Sea to send me a new gasket.

Oh this is good to know! Yeah I was frustrated. I'm thinking I had the gasket aligned wrong maybe. I'm trying again later.

Nothing to see ... I need to uodate it. Still looking for my Bert - have never ordered a fish online, but may have to!

I've had good experiences with live aquaria!

I ended up breaking the gasket so that's where the leak came from.

Yuck. I think the gasket was loose and I may have misthreaded the pipes. I have them out and looked nothing looks broken.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn nice setup Stella!! Pro tip, use Teflon tape on the bulkhead threads. Makes removal and adjustments much easier.

Getting wet is always the best step!!!

I'm a cunning linguist. ;):naughtydance:

Damn nice setup Stella!! Pro tip, use Teflon tape on the bulkhead threads. Makes removal and adjustments much easier.

:lol:

And thank you! I've been a lot slower getting this done than I'd like but it's getting there!

Hahahahaha.

Archived