Cultivated Reef

New 10g

Brandonmw

• 2 weeks later...

So any thoughts on the Deep Blue Promaxx Overflow Box - Nano ?

And what is a good return pump? For a ten gallon sump?

Starting to feel like in talking to myself here. Lol

• Like 1

So any thoughts on the Deep Blue Promaxx Overflow Box - Nano ?

And what is a good return pump? For a ten gallon sump?

Starting to feel like in talking to myself here. Lol

Your not alone ?. We're a bunch of lurkers!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

So just thought I would post an update. Tank is now on month 8 and everything is running very smooth. There have been quite a few changes since my last post. There are now two very small clowns in the tank. One standard ocellaris and one midnight ocellaris. As well a flower anemone, Duncan coral, and some orange/green zoas. there is also a small white porcelain crab. In addition to the 4 hermits, 2 turbin snails, 1 emerald crab, 1 dragons eye zoo, and 1 candy cane lps.There have also been a few hardware upgrades. There are now two hydor 240s running on a wavemaker removing the aquaclear powerhear, also a neo therm heater. I have attached a pic of the current tank.

post-89518-0-42382000-1456789333_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

I haven’t shown an updated in over a year tank is still going strong. I have had some major battles with algae over the last 6 months or so but everything has turned around nicely. Here are a few update pic of the tank now. 

D13A31D7-AF70-4AD9-AC12-5FC667926753.jpeg

78DD9A01-49AA-4788-BBF9-0BC17FC34EBF.jpeg

EBFE571F-7135-4C95-856C-1B5744E7CB86.jpeg

BE61C2D3-2ED6-4E18-B078-DF38BB1A299E.jpeg

• Like 2
HookedOnAquariums
6 hours ago, Brandonmw said:

I haven’t shown an updated in over a year tank is still going strong. I have had some major battles with algae over the last 6 months or so but everything has turned around nicely. Here are a few update pic of the tank now. 

D13A31D7-AF70-4AD9-AC12-5FC667926753.jpeg

78DD9A01-49AA-4788-BBF9-0BC17FC34EBF.jpeg

EBFE571F-7135-4C95-856C-1B5744E7CB86.jpeg

BE61C2D3-2ED6-4E18-B078-DF38BB1A299E.jpeg

Tank looks great! Any future stocking plans and such? You've got a ton of room and light for corals

Edit: You should move this to the tank threads.

2 hours ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Tank looks great! Any future stocking plans and such? You've got a ton of room and light for corals

Edit: You should move this to the tank threads.

Thanks!! As for future plans currently just rolling through what would look good where. I’ve been adding extremely slow but it’s been good as it’s given everything a real chance to establish. I’m actually very open to suggestions on what everyone thinks would look good. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, banasophia said:

Wow, looks great!!! Thanks for posting an update. The red macro and red RFA beautifully compliment each other. 😍

Thanks! Ya I thought so too it’s nice to get some more colour in the tank. There’s a lot of purple green and pink so the orange and red are a nice breakup. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
13 hours ago, Brandonmw said:

Thanks!! As for future plans currently just rolling through what would look good where. I’ve been adding extremely slow but it’s been good as it’s given everything a real chance to establish. I’m actually very open to suggestions on what everyone thinks would look good. 

There are a ton of things you could do. Like start an sps cliff at the top and some cool zoa garden under that candy cane

• 9 months later...