Top Shelf Aquatics

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

My gumdrops seem to have developed Ich - I will be transferring the pair to the hospital tank, and then running the frag tank fallow (2.5 months correct?). Just getting a decent filtration system going on in the hospital. I'm doing a 100% water change in there and transferring over the frag tank water an then replenishing the frag tank.

the gumdrops are eating frozen now, so  its easier for me to get them food while in the hospital.

I am not worried about my display because -  hey this is why we do a QT and observation right? I feel satisfied in my

I am going to be running a cupramine treatment just researching a bit more. tempted to also run it a bit hypo - I will drop salinity over a week or so. UNLESS someone chimes in about scorpian fish family members and treatments.

Edit: reading slow drop is not a good plan -  it could get immune. getting the tank setup and PH/temp corrected.

it sucks, but at least its a frag tank and not a display. Just proof I did the right thing regarding QT. I QT'd them in teh Frag becasue of availability of live food. Makes it easier to adjust them to frozen.

• Like 1
On 24/02/2017 at 1:35 PM, Astinus said:

Oh Damn, sorry to hear about the Ich :(

I had hoped to move htem in sooner, but I ended up doing an open shift. Had I been an afternoon, I would have done this last night.

The white spots vanished from them -  so I am presuming the ich is in a new stage in the frag tank. Gums are in the hospital.

I put them into the frag tankbecause of availability of live foods hwile I get them adjusted to frozen.

I am more worried about hte hypo saline than the ich at the moment. PH and temp are okay for both tanks.

• Like 1

I will get my FTS up soon... I took it a few days ago but it has been hectic.

Gumdrops are still in hypo hospital and doing well. they are eating. I'm keeping the water syphoned of foodstuffs daily and topping up and changing every few days.

So so far, so good.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I am going to get them into display, they are getting thin and i feel that - inspite of eating, they are not getting enough. they've just gone to display levels -  spent nearly a week increasing the hypo up. I am gonna risk putting them in with the clowns -  I just need to move most of my hermit population out (the big ones)

• Like 2

Hermits are mostly moved, the gumdrops have been in a float while I was at work. I added some chaeto that has been blowing around my tank for hte past several m onths hoping htere are some nibbles there. I moved the rock flower out and placed them into the frag tank along with the big hermits -  this will be a temp arrangement until the gumdrops are stronger.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I could not find them for days, I was worried they had died, but I found both last night hiding in different places. One is inside my enormous trumpet, and the other is where little sashimi used to hide, just under the monti-plate. This means I can really start to target feed them.

Sorry about the no pics, I will hopefully get that sorted out soon.

OH and this summer I will be moving -  we plan to have a month overlap -  so I plan to get a stand for the tank and then take the tank over and get stuff back in within a couple hours. If we go where I think we're going, its quite literally across the street. I plan to move the crab and frag tanks over first, then the display.

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

Three days without light shouldn't hurt anything.  I'm not sure if a desk lamp would do anything other than allow you to see in the tank. 

Okay things are okay.

I am moving june -  august so I will be moving my aquarium to my new accomodations in middle of july. Fortunately I can just walk across the road and that's that. I am quite literally moving across the street. So I presume transport shock should be relatively limited to the experience of an exaggerated water-change. I got a number of food grade buckets now from work. What I NEED is a tank stand.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Tank is in some rough shape. But this is the rundown.

Gumdrops and Clowns are fine -  no sign of ich return even though I did a risky gamble and put the gums into the display without a proper observation. It looks like the Quarantine + Hospital did the trick there.

Gumdrop one is hiding in my trumpet, Gumdrop two was chilling in my filter basket. It was hiding in the chaeto.

Clowns look fat and happy. Monticap had a bleaching event again -  however the dragonsoul is bouncing back well now.

Move start is in T - 1.5 months (mid june until July 31)

since I am moving across the street this is going to be not as disruptive as say a longer move -  and I have 1.5 months to prepair a spot to take the tank and livestock over and get placed. sadly the rock structure is gonna get broken.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just completed the move. I will not be able to get it back to its original set up. I will tweek how it is over the next few weeks.

My trumpet is in trouble. I was not able to give it as much time as it should have had over the past few weeks.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

After teh move, I had a lot of problems, I am struggling wiht it right now, Bryopsis is a huge one,t hat took hold. I tried a few methods, so now i am working with Fluconazol. I got enough for two treatments, but hopefully I can do it in one.

Problems aside, I did pick up some really nice Rockflowers. Insert other media

• Like 3

There are some "lusher" spots still, in other areas, but the main rock is really dying down. I am most impressed. gonna see if I can tug up the other areas, damaging the issue there might open it to attack, failing that after 9 -  10 days I'll do a WC and add the second dose

• Like 1