Cultivated Reef

2 channel DIY powerbar

tonyb82

Bit of preamble, I currently own 2x Chinese LED (unbranded but like Marsaquas) s**t boxes with my own layout running on my channels 1/2 (via a stereo splitter).. Channels 3/4 are running my 6500k smd sump light (reverse cycle) and DIY SMD Magenta.

Problem is the s**t boxes don't dim to 0% they are always on at say 10-12%. As I want location sunrise AND sunset timer plugs are not an option.

Solution build a DIY powerbar from channels 5/6.

Before I waste my time with a write up, is this something you guys would be interested in? its a fairly simple build, minimal soldering and about half a dozen parts.

jedimasterben

Not sure I'm following lol. If you want to turn the drivers off via the Bluefish, you will need to attach their A/C side to relays. I use the Powertail Switch, but if you have the full Bluefish, you have more options as it supports higher voltage with slightly higher amperage, as well.

For someone that didn't follow you hit the nail on the head.

But rather than relay the driver I've put relays in the sockets. I've over engineered this I fear, thats why I asked if its worth writing up.

With the relays are they switching on the same channel ie dimming the light AND activating the relay?

jedimasterben

No, you'd have to connect the relays to their own channel. So let's say CH1 and CH2 control the relays, and then CH3 and CH4 control the dimming.

Archived