Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dropped's Desktop Nano - Closed down

dropped

Have you checked Magnesium levels?

Are large amphipods pestering them or nibbling on them at night?

Those are two things I've found in the past can cause problems with Zoas, and they're things that not everyone thinks to check.

I definitely do have some large pods in there, how do you get rid of them?

Test Mg, its at 1230, and im due for a water change in two days, although the water is pretty clean i could just dose.

aquarium9120.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely do have some large pods in there, how do you get rid of them?

Test Mg, its at 1230, and im due for a water change in two days, although the water is pretty clean i could just dose.

aquarium9120.png

I added a fish that ate them. In my case, it was a Yellow Coris Wrasse.

He's chillin in the bottom middle- lots of good color in there

haha yea he was hiding better earlier. Heaps of colour apart from those front zoas are not open as i just cleaned the glass.

And some pretty crap news, i didnt see it in the store either. The goby has white spot.

He is now in QT with hypo-salinity for the next 4-6 weeks yay.

Bit of a phot dump

Acans

D6264500-FFEE-4D25-8728-2F49765E568B.jpg

Clown goby aclimating

4C8D5021-D08E-49D9-B878-F23C9377369B.jpg

Clown goby in QT after I found it had ich, will always qt now. I thought it would be OK as he was going to be the only fish in the tank..... But looks like if you don't treat correctly the fish will just get it again.

66C3FC3F-1C61-4D1B-BF48-8DB30DAAB53A.jpg

Mangroves and sprouting seed pods

28450293-51E4-4860-818D-EDE99C44E761.jpg

I'm thinking about getting a new light for my Pico.... My acan lord (only coral at the moment) lost its red ring and I'd just brown and dull now.... I'm thinking either a Kessil or AI prime but your Micmol seems pretty good too.

I wonder if support will be just as good in the US.

I plan to QT my fish when I get them. ALthough the coral reef shop has the fish tanks in hyposalanity - I am presuming to counter ich and other illnesses. I am planning on using my frag tank as QT also, but not hypo. I can always activate another spare tank to use as a QT if disease needs treatment. both will be Bare bottom.

I'm thinking about getting a new light for my Pico.... My acan lord (only coral at the moment) lost its red ring and I'd just brown and dull now.... I'm thinking either a Kessil or AI prime but your Micmol seems pretty good too.

I wonder if support will be just as good in the US.

Its funny you ask about support, i got this light second hand from a fellow reefer and the middle LED failed within a few days. Its currently in warranty so ill see how they respond, so far response has been good. The MicMol is a great light, my Acans have never been so big and puffy.

I plan to QT my fish when I get them. ALthough the coral reef shop has the fish tanks in hyposalanity - I am presuming to counter ich and other illnesses. I am planning on using my frag tank as QT also, but not hypo. I can always activate another spare tank to use as a QT if disease needs treatment. both will be Bare bottom.

Having only dealt with ich in fresh water, it was simply fixed by raising the temp of the tank for a week.

When i saw white spots on the goby i quickly did some research and found the life cycle of ich, basically if it gets into your tank its always going to be there for ever unless you treat with copper or hypo-salinity , i.e your fish could get it every 4 - 6 weeks until you break the life cycle.

The only thing i can say is that it was a mistake thinking that it would be OK to put the goby straight into the tank as it was going to be the only fish. QT EVERY FISH no matter where it came from and always dip your coral! you will be amazed at what comes off them.

If that fish touched the display tank, I'd leave it fallow for 10 weeks while the fish is in QT and medicated. Then leave the fish in QT for observation and fattening up. :)

If that fish touched the display tank, I'd leave it fallow for 10 weeks while the fish is in QT and medicated. Then leave the fish in QT for observation and fattening up. :)

It sure did, and yea its staying in QT for a while.

its eating really well which is good.

Are you dealing with Living Reef over the light fixing? ive found them awesome to deal with.

Good luck with the goby :)

i emailed MicMol directly, they may say go to Living Reef yet.

The tank is doing well, feeding more often has helped the zoas all open up, it's way to easy to keep this tank too clean. The tank is coming up to 4 months old

A55706CB-8216-4261-8407-C2E0B36F5F8A.jpg

All zoas also have new heads which is great, however my gorgonian has not been open for about a week, hopefully it opens again.

As Markalot says, feed heavily, export frantically. It's looking great! Gorgs are weird. I have two - one is open all the time and very happy. The other opens about once every three months for about two days. But it's growing slowly so I know it's not dead!

Yea have been feeding coral frenzy through the water column, and target feeding the Acans with mysis and new life spectrum 0.5mm pellets. They are starting to open up all the time now which is great and are getting big, but have not seen any new heads for a while.

Hemmi (the yellow coral goby, first fish i've ever named) has three more weeks in QT then he can go into his new home.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived